“Pleasantly surprised!”

Presthaven Holiday Park
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We booked a four night mid-week stay in May through the sun holidays offer, and chose to upgrade our caravan - this was our first stay in Prestatyn, and at a Haven site...

We arrived on the Monday at around midday, and were delighted to find that our caravan was already ready for us, so were given the keys four hours before check in time. Can't fault the superior caravan - it was well worth the upgrade, with 3 bedrooms, heating throughout, and a comfy living area. Also wanted to praise the team on their swift removal of a bed so we could fit our travel cot in!

We are at the mash and barrel for lunch - not gourmet, but classic wetherspoons-type offerings which we couldn't really fault, and once ordered a papa john's pizza, which wasn't amazing, but not bad value considering the price of our local dominos!! We took supplies for plently of self catering, which the Caravan was great for...

The site was generally spotless, and was well staffed in all areas - the girls on reception were really friendly. We visited the pool (it wasn't busy at all), play area, arcade and the first hour of kid's entertainment a couple of times... (our nearly two year old was ready for bed by 7pm!) it wasn't particularly our cup of tea, but it seemed to go down well with many other families. I imagine it would be great if your kids were 4-10 years old.

I think the main thing I wanted to stress is that we were expecting the worst (sorry Haven - it's a reputation you're certainly improving on!), and were pleasantly suprised with what we found.

We didn't stay on the site all day, and if that's your intention, then I imagine you would become a little tired with the facilities/entertainment, but if you use it as a base for your holiday, I don't think you could find a better value option as a family.

We probably wouldn't go back, purely because we've 'done' north wales now, but we'd definitely use a Haven site in the future, given our very positive experience.

Room Tip: We were located in 'Denbigh' - close enough to the facilities, but far enough for peace and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lizzie O
PresthavenS, Front Office Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi Lizzie,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback from your holiday at Presthaven Sands. It’s absolutely brilliant that you were so pleasantly surprised! It can be a bit daunting reading other reviews, but it is definitely worth trying for yourself, which worked out for the best in your case. We do try to have your accommodation ready as soon as possible for you; we are as keen as you are for your holiday to start right away :-) The superior caravans are well worth the upgrade, they are newer caravans so absolutely lovely. I’m glad you got to sample to food onsite, I’m sorry that you didn’t feel your Papa John’s wasn’t so good, they are normally amazing, such a guilty pleasure of mine. Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of the park, and also our team here. When you have younger kids there is enough to keep them going all day, then fall asleep just in time for the grownups to get a nice peaceful evening! I’m glad we have won you over, and although I’m sad to hear you won’t come back here, we have Haven parks all the way around the UK Coast so I’m sure you will have many happy Haven Holidays to come!
Cara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We hired 3.. 8 berth caravans for our Grandaughter 3rd Birthday
We couldn't eat in our caravan because heavy smokers must of used it previously .
The facilities were not adequate enough ...The Pool you had to wait ages to get in ...then you were like sardines ...The Mash n Barrell last food orders were at 9pm ...but you had to queue for ages to order... food was okay
Gates were locked and had to walk right round complex in the rain at night
The live lounge was already packed and no seating available by 7 o clock on the Saturday eve ...so nothing really to do than spend more money on arcades ...not enough facilities to accommodate such a large site especially when weather is poor ... If this applies in May when in school time can't image what it is like in School Holidays !!! Can only imagine it to be a waste of money

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 804LESLEYANN
Hi Lesley Ann,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I’m really sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. All of our caravans are non-smoking and we do ask that all of our guests respect this; unfortunately it can be hard to control. We only have a queuing system in place for the pool when it is very busy, and this is only to ensure maximum safety at all times, but I apologise that this inconvenienced you. I’m sorry that you also had to queue for food in the Mash & Barrel, I’m glad to know you enjoyed your food. We do close the gates at night to make sure that everyone entering has a pass as our facilities are exclusive to our guests. We would love to have bigger facilities, and this is definitely something we are looking at in the future. Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope that you will choose to holiday with Haven again,
Cara

Travellers are raving about these Prestatyn hotels

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely 4 day break, was pleasantly
Surprised by The resort as it pretty much had everything you needed. Plenty to do for the kids and a gorgeous beach!!! Couple of Down falls no toilet brush in caravan and no stools for us to sit and eat our meals as a family and as there was 6 of us this was bit awkward. We called reception twice and were promised stools but nothing came of this. Which is quite bad service but we made do.
The papa johns delivery service to your caravan is definetly worth a use!!!.. The mash and barrel restaurant was nice only
Dow side was I think they were short staffed and nearly every table had dirty glasses and plates on I think this needs addressing. I must say the bar staff were very pleasant though.
Overall was a lovely stay definetly worth a visit to Llandudno not too far from Prestatyn about 40 min drive

Stayed May 2014
Hi Clare,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your holiday feedback. There is a lot of facilities on site, so much that you wouldn’t have to leave site at all if you didn’t want to. The beach is fantastic, so much fun to be had over there! The reason we don’t supply toilet brushes is down to hygiene so I’m sorry that this affected you. I’m really sorry that you didn’t receive your stools, this does ring a bell and I think we may have been given the wrong caravan number, if this wasn’t the case then I do apologise. We do keep high standards in the Mash & Barrel so I’m sorry that you didn’t find this to be the case, but thank you for commenting on how lovely that team in there were. Llandudno is a beautiful town; it really feels like a seaside holiday there with the pier and those lovely hotels along the Prom. I do hope you will choose to come back with us in the future,
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from our holiday at presthaven sands and it was fantastic. My toddlers loved it, staff welcoming and helpful, loads of fun stuff to do, character photos, dancing, messy play and ned's party was great. It was well worth the money.

Stayed May 2014
Hi Leanne,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback from your stay with us at Presthaven Sands. You are absolutely right- kids love it here! As you say there is so much for them to do, everything you have mentioned and lots more. I’m so happy you found all of the team to be so friendly, and Ned’s party is such good fun! I hope you’ll come back again soon- if I can help with any booking you can call me direct on 01745 856471,
liverpool
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed in Frith area which is close to the centre of the park and makes it easy to access the facilities. The Caravan a 'Prestige' 2014 model was very spacious, clean and comfortable, it had two toilets and a huge shower room. We enjoyed all the activities but they can become pricey as the children are keen to take part in lots of them. There are quite a few free activities available too. The beach is very close, just over the dunes and is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed having our pizzas delivered to our caravan from Papa Johns, they were delicious. The staff were without exception, polite, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback from your recent stay here at Presthaven Sands. It’s brilliant to hear that you had such a great time, and were so happy with your accommodation. Ffrith is an ideal area to stay in if you have children that are using the complex a lot. It sounds like they did loads of activities too, which is fantastic, we do an activity pass that saves you money if you are doing quite a few of the activities which is something to think about for next time. We love being so close to the beach; the dunes and the beach itself are beautiful. Papa John’s pizza as you say is sooo good! It’s our favourite for a Friday night in the office. Thank you for commenting on our team here, they really are a lovely bunch of people :-)
I hope we can welcome you back to Presthaven Sands in the near future,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here before several times, this time we were quite disappointed for 3 adults and 1baby we were given a very small caravan ( the smallest we have ever had ) we had 3 sets if bedding brought to us which all had blood and sick on ! The caravan windows were covered in bird poo and despite requesting them to be cleaned twice it wasn't done ! It was school holidays and the bars on the the sat night by 8 were too busy to find a seat so we left but we still really like the location and site and would go again just remember to be more picky with our time of year

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank VickiWedgbury
Hi Vicki,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I can’t apologise enough about the linen that was delivered to you. This isn’t acceptable and I have brought this up with our accommodation team. I’m also really sorry to hear that your windows weren’t cleaned, one of the hazards of our beach side location is the birds...they seem to have an invisible target on top of my car as well. As you say we do get very busy during school holidays, there are so many kids that want to watch the shows but we did have a refurbishment over winter that created lots more seating, so I’m sorry that you didn’t manage to get one. I’m glad you do want to come back with us, if I can help with any more queries you can contact me directly on 01745 856471,
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just stayed at Presthaven Sands and was very disappointed with the caravan. First it has no privacy, lounge window looked straight into bedroom of caravan in front, no nets. No heating in bedrooms, spare mattress under single bed which was sticking out, had to move as dangerous, nearly tripped several times. Trains whizzing by every 15 minutes. Worse Haven caravan and we have stayed in many around the country.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t happy with your accommodation; you haven’t said if you reported your issues to us, we would have happily moved you to another accommodation if we knew you weren’t happy. Not all grades of accommodation have heating in the bedrooms so if you book again I’d advise speaking to someone who can advise you on all of the available grades. I hope you do choose to holiday with Haven again,
Cara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
Talacre Beach Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
#1 of 2 in Kinmel Bay

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!