“Not for us!”

Presthaven Holiday Park
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We've just returned from a four night break (could only stand three)...2 adults (Mum and daughter) and one child (nearly 3). Good value as I get a good discount through work. Arrived to find check in queues to rival most international airports, the last thing I needed after even a short drive on a hot day with a toddler. Fantastic accommodation as given a free upgrade, the downside being a seagull nesting on the roof directly above the bedrooms. 4am wake up calls not brilliant. Despite reporting it three times, no feedback to even say nothing could be done, so can only assume no one even bothered to come out. Final straw was the arguing 20 somethings next door, although security were excellent. Apart from the seagull, biggest problem was that the children's play areas were not secure, so with mini Usain Bolt in tow, no rest for Mum or Nan.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Sj7242
PresthavenS, Front Office Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It’s always a bonus if you can get extra discount, so I’m glad you feel you got good value for money. On a Monday we do tend to get large queues- a lot of people arrive at the same time on a Monday so we try to get you all checked in earlier and get through those queues. I am sorry about the disturbance you had from our feathered friends, it can be difficult to control them and there are so many around- one downside to our beachside location. I am sorry to hear about arguing you had next door, however I am glad to hear that security was efficient for you. I am concerned about the parks not being secure, if this is something you would like to go into detail with me please call on 01745 856471,
Cara

Write a ReviewReviews (1,944)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Went here on a family holiday last minute in august 2012 got booked in turned up at the caravan and cleaners were still in it.We waiting for about 10-15 mins maximum for them to finish. We got unpacked and ready to go down to the pub on sight for some food which is really good by the way,my partner said he will make the bed up in the front room of the caravan as my grandparents had come with us and we said they could have the double room at the back.As my partner lifted the cushions underneath was full of sand,dirt and rubbish as-well as an old yoghurt we did report this at the reception but nothing was ever done. That's the only bad point. The indoor pool and lazy river is brilliant for the little ones my son loved it the beach is a 2 minute walk from anywhere on the site,lovely walk if you take your dog's with you. There is 2 pub's on site one as you drive in to the park which serves a cracking pint and is quite as not many people go in as mainly there for anyone touring. The other pub is at the top of the park attached to it is loads of games for kids and adults there is a mini golf and a big entertainment room were the acts are but we didn't watch these as our little one wasn't that bothered with it.2 arcades for kids and adults also The meals in the pub are brilliant they use fresh meat and veg burgers are really tasty. There is a burger king on site as well as a papa john's pizza place also a chippy but you need to get to the chippy early or you will be queuing for ages.All in all not a bad last minute holiday shame about the caravan though only thing that let it down oh and there is a shop on site as-well

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Natasha Y

Hi Natasha,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your holiday feedback. It has been a while since you stayed with us and by the sounds of it you had a really good time, so I think it’s about time you came back :-) I apologise about the way you found your caravan, we have a new Accommodation Manager now so a few of the processes have changed. The beach as you say is beautiful, it’s perfect for games on the sand and also the dogs playing around. The pool is also great especially if the weather isn’t great to get out onto the beach. The food onsite is brilliant, I’m glad you enjoyed all of your food experiences whilst you were here. I hope we can welcome you back to Presthaven soon,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My partner & myself took our 6 month old baby here for his first holiday at the beginning of this month for 4 nights it was brilliant so much for the children which at the end of the day who it is all about I was so shocked & very pleased that they even had entertainment on for children of my sons age 0 he loved it so much! This made our first ever family holiday so special that we re-booked to come again the same time next year & we can't wait! We would of extended our stay this time if we didn't have commitments to get back home to ! :)

Room Tip: State how close to the complex you want to be, our caravan was a little walk away but we didn't...
2  Thank emma D

Hi Emma,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your holiday feedback. Wow, it’s amazing to hear that your first family holiday was so good, and that it was with us! I’m so glad that we were a part of you making memories. We do try to cater for all ages no matter how young...or old :-) Next year should be even better as your son will be able t enjoy even more of what we have here, see you soon

Reviewed 19 May 2014

we went in bad weather last week the place is just perfect caravan spotless staff next to none.food on sight was superb entertainment .perfect thanks abbie and andy and every one else. for a delightful well thought out itinery for kids of all ages how any one can call this is beyond me thanks again loved it

Room Tip: you cant improve on perfection
1  Thank jean428

Hi Jean,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your Presthaven Sands holiday. It’s brilliant to hear about the amazing time you have had. Thank you for your lovely comments about out team on site, and also about the cleanliness of your accommodation- fantastic to hear. We love hearing that you enjoyed yourselves so much, I hope we can welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed Monday 12th May to Friday with my partner and our 6 month old son. We didn't pay an awful lot for this holiday and went with an open mind as to what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Yes check in was busy, you'd expect it to be that's par for the course but it was dealt with efficiently and was no mither. Caravan was clean and had everything in it you'd expect it too.

Entertainment we only went to on our first night and with our child being so young wasn't really for us but again this is what you expect a holiday park to be like. We went to the swimming pool and our little boy had his first ever splash about in a big pool , again well staffed and clean. Shop on site was as expensive as every other spar you go into, no more no less. Having read other reviews saying it is so expensive I think it's as expensive as you make it! In our experience it was a fantastic break and unbelievable value for money. I appreciate we don't have to factor in school holidays yet . We enjoyed it so much we're already looking at booking again for next year.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi Mart,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your holiday feedback. It’s fantastic to hear that you had such a fantastic family holiday. Check in on a Monday can be very busy as most people arrive at the same time, but we try to get you all checked in as early and as quickly as possible so it’s good to know that its noticed. How lovely that your little one had his first swim here! The fun pool is brilliant, and I will pass on your comments about the cleanliness which the pool team with be thrilled with. If you do decide to come back next year give us a call at park as we can get you an extra discount,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Well my initial looking into booking a holiday at Presthaven, it didn't get off to a great start. I found a deluxe caravan for 4 nights for £138. Reasonable enough. So I went away to confirm I could get those exact days off work. I returned to the website about 8 hours to find the price had increased to £189! Upon phoning haven I was told the price had increased because it was the last remaining slot available. I'm not sure how that's a justification for a £50 odd price increase tho.

However, getting nowhere at all with my request to get the original booking price, we decided to go for the top end platinum caravan instead which was only 50p more expensive than the revised deluxe price.

Tbh, I'm glad we did. Despite till being miffed at losing out on the original price the higher edition caravan was well worth the
price. We stayed in the Conwy section of the park, which was far enough away from the main park and cluttered caravan areas to be peaceful, but not too far as to make walking back in the evening unpleasant.

The caravan itself was spotlessly clean, well equipped, and a pleasant surprise was a full size fridge freezer which meant we could cook ourselves to save spending on eating out every night.

The caravans fixtures were all in perfect working order, toilets and showers were all perfectly clean, and toilets were even sealed with a notice to certify they had been sanitised.

The tv could have been bigger as the unit it was in was clearly designed for a larger tv, but I you're off on activities then it probably won't make a difference. The built in DVD player was a handy perk since I'd forgotten to pack the spare Blu ray player. Oops.

Onto the facilities of the park.

All in all, it is clearly, even blatantly obvious that the park is set up to separate you from the contents of your wallet. There are rows upon rows of amusement and gaming machines, all with intense flashing lights and volumes set just that little bit too loud for comfort. However if you have the ability to refrain from wasting your money then they don't present too much of a
problem.

Disappointingly the pass you are given does not in fact grant you use of all the facilities. A fact which is unsurprisingly somewhat absent from the "access to all the facilities" way that is presented upon booking.

The go carts, adventure playground and so on all charge £4.50-£5 extra which tbh is too much for the size of the track anyway . Surprisingly, the adventure play ground was shut the while time we were there, which was odd being that the weather was amazing all week.

The prices on other reviews here seem to be a bone of contention, however the Burger King and mash and bucket (or whatever the place is called) prices didn't seem to be overly excessive to me, pretty much in line with city centre prices for equivalent food elsewhere. The food was very good, well presented and not as bad as some reviews on here seem to make out, I was pleasantly surprised in fact.

The kids shows seemed to entertain our three year old very well as did the donkey rides which she loved. However it was painfully clear that the entertainers need more support and time and facilities for rehearsals. The staff on the laptop by the stage generally made mistakes in timing and audio however these errors were only noticed by adults as the kids were generally being entertained and weren't to know how generally awful it was. Credit to the staff who were performing the shows however, as clearly they were doing their best with what they have been given.

The security staff gave me serious cause for concern, having worked the doors for 13 years and trained manchester door staff for the last 6, it seemed apparent to me that the door staff have been hired for their imposing presence rather than their abilities to be genial hosts to holidaying families. They tended to radiate an unapproachable aura, made more worrying than their amusing tales between each other of various violent altercations they had even involved with.

I came extremely close to pulling my crown court warrant officers warrant card in the face of one of the security at one point as for the third time in an evening going to the gents I had the same member of security shadowing me and blatantly not using the facilities himself. I can only assume the leather biker vest I was wearing rubbed them up the wrong way............

All in all, a worthwhile trip, very good accommodation, staff doing they're best to present a good impression but clearly need more investment and support from upstairs.

I wonder if the park is more used to rowdy hen and stag dos nights rather than actual families, this would explain a lot.

The extra cost of some facilities should be included in the pass as the extra charges for some external facilities is excessive.

All in all, 4 out of 5 for me, an enjoyable week away, but with a little tweaking could be so much better.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Dog8873

Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. It sounds like the original price you found may have been from a flash sale which we often have online so I do apologise about the confusion surrounding this. It’s great to hear that you were so happy with your accommodation, Conwy is an ideal area and you have described it perfectly. The DVD player is a brilliant addition to the Platinum caravans, especially if our Welsh weather takes a turn. I can see how the bright lights of the arcades could work out expensive, but as you say easily avoidable...either that or change £1 into 2ps to stretch it :-) I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your food whilst on site, there’s so much to choose from and the kitchen teams do a brilliant job. The Funstars do get rehearsal times, they have so many people to keep entertained and they do it brilliantly, like you say the kids absolutely love it. I’m sorry about the impression you took of our security team, I can assure you they are lovely people and trained to high standards, with it being a holiday park we do try to keep a relaxed atmosphere, and with the volumes of people we have in the complex they do keep on high alert. I’m sure they weren’t aiming to single you out but I am sorry that you felt this way.
I’m glad to know the things you have mentioned didn’t affect how much you enjoyed your holiday, and I hope you will come back to holiday with us again,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just returned after a week break at first the complex looked nice upon check in spoke to a lovely polite young lady called Abi on reception she was extremely helpful and explained all about the complex was booked into a caravan with a view basic but good enough to stay in.

This resort need a bit of modernisation pool is a bit small and can get overcrowded but facilities are decent enough,

Resturant was extremely busy and standard of food was except able but rather overpriced for quite a run down establishment bar prices also over priced in comparison to location.

Overall the staff are pleasant found lacking in some places especially in the resturant where we had to wait for a table to be cleaned and was suprised that Abi was working there as well and cleared our table immediately with a smile and was rushing around wasted in such an establishment. Staff looked tired at times but noticed manager looked more refreshed something wrong there maybe something senior management needs to look at investing time and money to make the place run a bit better. Bobby D

Hi Bobby D,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your stay here. You are right about Abi she is brilliant, and she will love to hear that she made a lasting impression on you. I’m glad to hear that you did enjoy your food in the restaurant, we do try to keep our bar prices competitive so I’m sorry that you found them high. Again, its fantastic to hear that Abi got you sorted with a table so quickly, our management team to offer lots of support, they do work shifts so maybe you caught one just as they’d started. I hope you will choose to come back with us for another stay,
Cara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
#5 of 5 in Rhyl
Halcyon Quest Hotel
Halcyon Quest Hotel
#3 of 3 in Prestatyn
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!