“relaxing few days”

Presthaven Holiday Park
Reviewed 9 June 2014

After reading other reviews I was a little anxious about our 4 day stay. Queued a bit to check in but frendly manor of staff made it worthwhile. When I booked in February I mentioned that my husband and grandson both had mobility problems. This had been noted and we were delighted to find we were easily accessible to the restaurant. The caravan was beautifully clean. Only problem were the curtains a little on the merger side. All the family enjoyed the mash and barrel and chip shop prices not bad certainly not worth getting the car out and leaving the site I thought all staff friendly, but my daughter token 4 years old son to the club and felt the staff were just going through the motions. Overall we had a lovely weeks stay and have booked again for September.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelersjoy_11
PresthavenS, Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hi There
Thank you for your feedback about your holiday experience with us. You always find that many people take to site like this when they are not so happy but it is such a good feeling to read reviews from people who were so happy. I am really pleased you decided to come on holiday even after reading some reviews that weren’t so positive. Sometimes if you just compare them...the positive ones are outweighing the negative, which is a big thumbs up!
I really pleased that the team managed to get you in a location that was perfect for your family.
It’s brilliant that you are coming back, more amazing memories for your family to make! Let’s hope the weather stays like this for you.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Just a quick thanks to the staff for helping out when my son was ill and getting a new bed sorted out very quickly. Good fun as always at haven and will be back. Got on all the activities the children wanted and a great win on rock n rolla bingo on our first night

Stayed: June 2014

Hi Kurt
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback about your experience at Presthaven Sands.
It really is exciting when we read positive reviews about the team and the service they give, because amazing customer service is one of our huge focus areas when we do training. I am really pleased that that helped quickly when your son was ill. There is nothing worse than waiting around and having a poorly child.
I love that you won the Bingo, what a fantastic way to start your holiday. Really hope to see you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We travelled to presthaven at Easter was surprised at the size of the caravan was a superior and it was clean spacious well up to date we were next to the train line which was fine as we had a lovely view the park itself was lovely and being virtually on the beach was another bonus there was a lot to do around the park but a lot of things were not included in the price of the holiday like go karts and sporty things and they were very overpriced, the problem we had was the entertainment the kids hated it the evenings was just the same thing every night and the character shows were awful just stood there whilst a voice over cd is played far toooo long for kids attention spans my kids didn't even no the name to one blue coat wasn't really any interaction, a haven camp site with pontins entertainment would be the perfect holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise_cat-cat

Hi Gemma
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your holiday.
The title ‘Beautiful Holiday Park’ made me smile before I even read the nice things you wrote. The beach is by far my favourite part of the local area and the access from the park is just so easy. I am sorry you weren’t very happy with the entertainment. We have an entertainments programme which is the same weekly but each day is different in the week. All of the Entertainments team should be approachable and interact with everyone as they are pretty much the face of the park or mainly who everyone remembers when they go home, I am so sorry you experienced this.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Recently returned from a 3 night stay. We have been to lots of Haven sites but this was our first visit to Presthaven Sands. The site itself is clean and tidy and the staff are polite and helpful. Activities are expensive and the drinks in the bar are also expensive. More staff are needed behind the bar in the Mash & Barrel as there was always a queue to get served. We hired a private caravan in Bryn View which was lovely. Unfortunately we had heavy rain for most of our stay and the main road from the reception car park up to Bryn view floods and was one day nearly un passable. The Funworks bus driver is very polite and helpful and offers a great service ferrying you around the site and to the bus stop at the entrance to the park. Overall a good weekend but £75 for 3 funworks passes is diabolical. You are basically paying to use the facilities and then also paying extra for the activities. Haven need to look at the cost of these passes as it adds extra expense onto the holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
PresthavenS, Front Office Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hi Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. Thank you for saying how clean we keep the site, there are teams that work hard day and night to make sure everywhere is in the best condition for our guests, so it’s great to know that it doesn’t go unnoticed. I have spoken with the Manager who looks after the Mash & Barrel about your feedback, and this is something we are going to look into. It’s great to know that you made full use of our Funworks Minibus service, it has been really well received and the team of drivers are brilliant. The passes when bought privately are paid for, as opposed to a Haven Holiday where these are all included in your holiday cost. I hope we can welcome you back for another holiday in the future,
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at Presthaven Sands and having read many reviews and having previously stayed at numerous Center Parcs wasn't expecting much but how wrong I was! Firstly the customer call centre were fantastic, a few weeks before we arrived I called to let them know we were no longer taking our dog due to ill health and the lady kindly upgraded our home from a Standard Plus to a Prestige model for a discounted rate.
We arrived to be greeted by friendly staff at all locations, on the main desk as you drive in, on the park directing you to the car park and in the Live Lounge as you checked in. Check in was packed with people but guests were being dealt with politely and efficiently. I have to say however this was the first and last time we visited the Live Lounge.. We did poke our heads round the door a couple of nights to see a room full of very merry ladies and gents and lots of wild kids, not really for us with a 6 month old baby!
So the negatives first: lots and lots of smoking adults, mostly right outside public areas. Our caravan, situated on Ffrith was situated v close to the Spar, which was handy by day but REALLY noisy by night as it was a public thorough fare back from the main entertainment area. Facilities were good, clean, but no where near big enough for the amount of people on site. Most things finish at 4pm (go karts, painting activity etc) which seems early as it is still light until 9pm?
Pool was also shut one morning as I imagine it was full?
Onto the positives: Our accommodation, a prestige van was spotless, sizeable, and totally suitable for our family (2 adults, 2 kids) well worth the upgrade. We had an issue with a faulty light and it was dealt with straight away by a really helpful man! Staff friendly and polite both at the reception desk and in the Mash and Barrel restaurant. Park itself is clean as is the beach where we spent most days. Spar is well stocked and no more over priced than a small supermarket in a village location.
We went with very low expectations (sorry Haven!) and came away having a fantastic holiday and lots of memories to take away!
Great!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Broadensthemind12

Hi Hannah,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback about your holiday with us at Presthaven Sands. It’s brilliant to hear that you were so pleasantly surprised! I’m sorry to hear that your dog was poorly but it’s great that our call centre team were able to help you so much. Thank you for commenting on our team here on park as well, we love hearing about your experiences. I’m sorry that you were affected by other guests with regards to smoking and noise; we do of course ask that smokers respect those who don’t smoke and use the designated areas. If you come back with us you can make special requests on your booking and we can locate you in a nice quiet area with you having the baby. I’m so happy to know that you loved your accommodation and the rest of the park by the sounds of it. The beach is fantastic I can understand why you spent so much time over there. Overall I am really pleased that your perceptions were changed and that you experienced a fun family holiday with us yourself. I hope you will come back for another holiday with us,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had never been on a caravan holiday before and wasn't sure what to expect from it. I was pleasantly surprised the caravan was basic (you get what you pay for) but there was so much to do in around the park fir our two boys that we hardly spent too much time in the caravan. Some things are a little expensive the drinks mainly but that's holiday prices for you. The best points about the park are it's activities, it's cleanliness and it's STAFF everyone was willing to help you.
We arrived late so when we got to reception to check in our keys and passes were at the entrance point (a good walk away) and we had kids and luggage so Kevin on security drove up and got our keys etc and organised a bus to take us to our caravan. Everyday we saw him and he'd always ask how were. he was great Thank you. The funstars are great and kept the kids entertained (that's free)

We will hopefully be going again later in the year

Many thanks Carla, Jason and the kids

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carla J
PresthavenS, Front Office Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi Carla, Jason & the Kids,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday so much, your time is what you make of it and it sounds like you took every opportunity to have fun! Thank you for mentioning the help you had from Kevin, I know his manager has seen this review and your thanks will definitely be passed on. The Funstars are brilliant entertainment for the family, especially children so I’m glad you all enjoyed it so much. I hope we can welcome you back for another holiday soon,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

When we arrived we was booked to stay in a deluxe caravan and it was filthy. Dog hairs everywhere hair on toaster in cups stone in cutlery drawer cup rings on side it was filthy and my son is asthmatic. They send 2 cleaners to reclean it who were lovely and did a great job but it wasted over an hour and half of r holiday waiting.you have to que for nearly an hour to get in show bar else kids r disappointing for the size of the complex the bar is not big enough at all. We wanted to go on adventure golf no clubs no carts left its ridiculous kids again upset. Expensive and very stressful holiday!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank stephrowan

Hi Steph,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your holiday feedback. I’m really sorry to hear about the experiences you had during your stay here. I can only apologise for the way you found your accommodation, I am happy to know that our accommodation team did get you sorted, but you should not have had this problem so I am sincerely sorry. We have had a refurbishment in the Live Lounge over the winter that created lots more seating, so I’m sorry that you still found this an issue. In our busier times the activities are very popular, especially with the weather has good as it has been, but the sports & leisure team always try to help guests get involved. I hope we will get a chance in the future to restore your faith in Haven,
Kind Regards,
Cara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
The Grand Hotel - Llandudno
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#5 of 5 in Rhyl

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!