“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Presthaven Holiday Park

Presthaven Holiday Park
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Great resort always clean and lots of good facilities on site. Caravans are always spotless and fully equipped, it's worth upgrading if you can for the heaters in the room, which airs the bedrooms out, you also get early check in, we had a chilly wkd so we could of done with the heaters as it can get cold. no need in summer months. Check in can be mad and you usually can't get I'm early unless you have the early check out. Overall great place.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PresthavenS, Front Office Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hi Cindy,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It’s great to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us at Presthaven Sands. Thank you for your comments regarding your accommodation, I will pass on to the Accommodation Manager that you found it so clean again. When it gets colder the upgrades to heated caravans are definitely worth it, but it sounds like you’re a pro and know what to book and when. We always try to get your checked in a bit earlier, it can sometimes be difficult at busier times but all facilities are open to you from the moment you arrive to start your holiday straight away. I hope we can welcome you back for another holiday soon,

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
southport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We came here for the 3rd time. We stayed for 7 days. Caravan was immaculate and was the best one we had stayed in. It was a prestige caravan. Check in was very quick. Was a bit worried after reading some reviews but it had got better not worse. The only disappointing thing was all the rides had been taken away form the back near the spar and had been replaced with an adventure thing that our daughter was too small to go on. Also one of the time we went swimming the main pool was shut which was very disappointiong for my 2 girls. On the whole it was a great trip

Room Tip: i would highly recommend going for a prestige caravan
Hi Jane,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback from your holiday at Presthaven Sands. You must love your holidays here if this is your 3rd time and still going strong. It’s lovely to know that you were so happy with your accommodation, now you know what to go for next time. I’m glad you came back and sampled checking in for yourself before being put off by other reviews. We took away the rides last year and redeveloped the area, adding in the Aerial Adventure; hopefully you will continue holidaying here as a family and your daughter will be able to take part in that soon. I hope we do get the chance to welcome you back soon,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Went 13th to 16th June. Had a amazing time very accommodating the lovely fella Jordan at check in was amazing even though we were early he helped with our issue and that man deserves the utmost credit. Had a fantastic caravan must have been upgraded as we had heating....not that we needed it fantastic weather sat on the decking with Tea and a drink or two! So sad to be home. Second time at Haven this year already that speaks for itself. Holidays are what you make them. Only issue was the telly only tuning in a few channels and with the World Cup being on you need them all that took 3 attempts to be resolves but its only a slight issue and we got there in the end just speak to maintenance themselves not the text service. Thanks Presthaven Sands for a amazing long weekend.

• Stayed June 2014
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your holiday feedback. It’s brilliant to hear that you had such a great time with us at Presthaven Sands. I will definitely pass on your compliments to Jordan- you’re right he is a credit to our team. We have been so lucky with the recent weather- perfect timing for your holiday. Holidays are definitely what you make them, there are loads of opportunities here to have fun or relax and they should be grabbed- as you did. I do apologise that your TV wasn’t tuned in properly- especially with all the World Cup games to watch, but it sounds like we did manage to get this fixed for you. I hope you will be back for another holiday with us soon,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Date visited: 13-06-14 for 3 nights.

OVERALL:
After reading some reviews, we had our doubts, but I think some people expect a 5* hotel rather than a caravan holiday. I was pleasantly surprised.

ARRIVAL:
Arrival took less than a couple of minutes from walking from the car to receiving our key and back to the car - no messing around. We upgraded to Deluxe plus, but had been upgraded again for free.

CARAVAN CLEANLINESS:
The caravan was clean, the dishes were clean, the glasses sparkled, the bedding was fresh and clean and made up on arrival.

AN EXTRA ROOM :-)
We booked a two bedroom caravan for myself, my partner, my son and my father, we had planned for my son to share a room with my dad, but on arrival found they actually got a bedroom each.

THE PARK:
The park was bigger than we expected, we stayed in the section called Conwy, which was a nice 5-10 min slow stroll to amenities, activities and shops. This was perfect for us as we don't like to be too close to the entertainment, but also don't like to be too far away.

THE BEACH:
The beach is anything from a 2 minute walk over some lovely sand dunes, up to about 10 minutes from the further away caravans. This was a nice slow stroll. We were told there was a nicer part of beach if we drove to the end of the site and entered the beach through there, but we had a lovely day at the beach from where we entered near our caravan.

SHOP:
The Spar shop has a large selection of foods, gifts and magazines. Prices at usual Spar prices, not exactly cheap but no more expensive than you would expect for an on-site shop. If I am honest, I didn't look for any other shops....

EATING OUT:
There is a Papa John's pizza, I noticed if you spend a min of £10/12 they deliver to the caravan door, we didn't eat here so can't comment much more. There is a Burger King, priced at around £6.00 per adult meal, a fish shop called Cooke's and a restaurant called the Mash and Barrel. (See below). We ate out every day as we only stayed for four days.

MASH & BARREL:
There were plenty of tables every time we came to eat, the staff were friendly and cheerful. The tables and cutlery were clean. We found the Mash and Barrel a little expensive, 3 adults and 1 child cost £45.00 for main meals and drinks (only one being a small white wine, the rest soft drinks). The food was delicious, which made up for the cost - it was presented very well and every meal we ate was very, very nice. We especially liked the Cod, and Scampi. The desserts were lovely also.

FREE CASH MACHINE
Located cleverly near the arcades, but this was still good as I have been to other caravan sites where they charge anything over £1.50 to withdraw your own money!

ENTERTAINMENT:
The Arcade entertainment was brilliant, plenty to choose from, there was staff on hand for any help or exchanging money.

EVENING ENTERTAINMENT:
We only came out for the children's entertainment on one of the nights as we liked to stay indoors, but it was very good, we spent most of the time laughing and covering our ears, but my son who is 5 loved it, it was the highlight of his holiday.

ACTIVITIES:
There is lots to do, swimming, mini golf, go karts, kart hire, high wire climbing course... probably more but this is what we had a go at!

SWIMMING POOL = My reasons for not giving 5/5:
The only reason I have not given 5/5 is purely down to the fact, that we went swimming around 12.15, but were rudely told to exit the pool at 12.45 for activities that were due to start at 1pm.
This was advised in one of the leaflets on arrival at our caravan, but honestly not many people read those! We would have liked to have been reminded / told as we entered the pool so we would have returned in the afternoon. The lady / young girl / lifeguard blew here whistle and told everyone to leave, and rolled her eyes and lifted her arms in frustration when people looked at each other confused. Maybe a ten minute warning would have been nice. I saw a male lifeguard almost shout at two young children to leave the adjoining pool, my son was in tears as half an hour was not nearly long enough. Also, by evacuating both pools at once, meant the showers and changing rooms were completed rammed. This was terrible planning...

OVERALL:

A much enjoyed holiday, we would return again, for longer next time so we are able to do more of the activities. This was one of the best sites we have been to.

Room Tip: We stayed in the section called Conwy, this was close and far enough from facilities, entertainment...
6 Thank Klaire G
Hi Klaire,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. It sounds like you had a lovely family holiday at Presthaven Sands. It’s brilliant to hear that your check in was so quick and efficient, and your accommodation sounds fantastic- from location, cleanliness and your extra bedroom. The beach is amazing, so much sand to play on and hopefully the water wasn’t too cool if you braved a dip in the sea. There are lots of eating facilities on site, next time you will definitely have to try Papa John’s- the pizzas are so good! It sounds like you really loved the Mash & Barrel which is lovely to hear, there are some lovely options on the menu and seafood at the seaside is a must. Free cash is always a bonus; there is nothing worse than being charged to get your own money out so we also do free cash back at all of our tills. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the entertainment and activities on site- sounds like your son had a ball. I’m really sorry about your experience in the swimming pool, you should have been made aware of the closing time so I do apologise about this. I hope we are able to welcome you back to Presthaven, and you will be able to fit in lots more of our fun activities,
Kind Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is our 2nd visit to Presthaven. What fantastic staff this park has, our check in was quick and smooth and the caravan spacious and spotless. We had bought an activity pass and booked for bungee trampolines for our two 4 year olds but when we got there the machine was not working. Grant and Charlie then offered to get an alternative trampoline and if we weren't happy after we could be refunded. We agreed as not their fault bless them, they went the extra mile dragging out a huge flatbed trampoline across the grass and were very encouraging to our boys when they were on. They then offered the water walkers too to say sorry, my son was thrilled. Vaughn was ace with our other boy who was a bit scared so he let him play with the air tube. The activity staff are awesome. When we booked online we booked the turbo paddlers and the aqua gliders on both sessions the lifeguards in the pool with our kids were fabulous fun. The sessions lasted half an hour in outside pool and the kids were on and off the machines the lifeguard joined in played splashing games went down the slide and absolutely made that session the best it could be. Yes there are negatives some things cost extra but you make those choices. On our penultimate night there was a lot of noise till 11pm which meant we left Thursday night rather than Friday am but this would well for us and also is not Havens fault. The beach was glorious too. Thanks again for a fab holiday.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. It’s brilliant to hear that you have had another great holiday with us at Presthaven Sands. Thank you for your compliments about our team on site, and it’s great to know that your accommodation was enjoyed. I’m sorry to hear about your slight problems with the bungee trampoline, but I have passed on your lovely comments about Grant, Charlie and Vaughn to the Sports & Leisure Manager and she is delighted to hear that they were so helpful to you, so they will definitely be recognised for this. The activity team are brilliant, having worked in that team myself (a good few years ago) I know how much fun it is doing the activities and it’s always nice to know that it’s just as much fun for the kids. I’m sorry to hear that you felt you had to leave early; we do have 24hour security on site who will happily attend any noise reports. I hope we will be able to welcome you back for another fun family holiday,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were there from 19 to 21 May, just 2 adults. We booked a 2 bed and were given a 3 bed which was great as we then had a bathroom each. Caravan was great, clean and tidy, wouldn't hesitate to book another one.

We used it as a base so didn't really use the site facilities so I can't comment on these.

Good location that leads onto the beach, good bus service to Prestatyn (£5 ticket gets an adult all day travel on the buses so you get can to anywhere really). Some great walks around there to.

I agreed with a previous reviewer about reception - arriving and checking in in the pouring rain isn't easy. There should be a car park outside Reception, walking round and through the bar isn't good or easy to find. Would've given "Excellent" review if that hadn't annoyed us so much.

I won't go back here as we've been now, but would try another Haven site. I booked September to go May and it was about £80 for the 4 nights, I paid a bit more to upgrade and for towels but well worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your holiday feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your upgrade to a 3 bedroom caravan made your stay even more enjoyable, 2 bathrooms is always a bonus. The location of the park is brilliant as you say- we are so lucky with the beach access and the local links are great if you want to see a bit around the area. Your comments about check in are definitely taken on board, and we are currently in the middle of changing our check in process so your feedback is essential. There are 36 Haven parks around the UK’s coast so you definitely won’t be stuck for choice- wherever you go next I hope you have a brilliant time,
Runcorn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just got back from a 4 night break at presthaven sands and had a fabulous time. My children are 4 and 8 months and I booked a standard caravan upon arriving was upgraded from a 2 bed caravan to a 3 for free.

Inside the caravan was clean homely and well equipped. The entertainment on site is second to none every hour there is a activity for kids of all ages to do and the kids club entertainers are. Fab, really friendly and love what they do with an abundance of patience.

Arcade is typical seaside style machines but good fun for kids and food is excellent not overpriced and a wide selection available they even deliver pizza to your caravan!

Live lounge has kids entertainment until 10pm everynight which adults enjoy to and carousel bar is more suited to just adults!

Really cannot say enough good things about this park, staff or facilities really want to go back now but will have to wait until next year!

Thank you presthaven sands for the best holiday I have ever had and my kids feel the same!

Hi Emma,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is so lovely to hear that you had such an amazing time as a family at Presthaven Sands. I can imagine the kids loved staying in a caravan, I know I did when I was younger it was so exciting! I’m glad to know you enjoyed your accommodation, especially with the added bonus of a free upgrade. Thank you for your lovely comments about the entertainment and the Funstars, they are absolutely brilliant- and with your kids at their ages I can see how this could make or break your holiday and it sounds like they definitely made yours so good. I hope you did get pizza delivered to your caravan- they are beautiful! You are more than welcome for your holiday we are just so pleased that you had such a brilliant time. If you are thinking about booking again for next year try to do it before October as we have some fantastic deals on and can get you an extra discount just for coming back to us. You can call us directly to book on 01745 856471, hope to see you soon,
Cara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
Premier Inn Rhuddlan Hotel
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#5 of 5 in Rhyl

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!