“My twins holiday”

Presthaven Holiday Park
“My twins holiday”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed for a week from 19th july.....weather was fantastic apart from saturday when we had torrential rain. There was 4 adults and 2 one and a half year olds. We stayed in a superior 2014 model which was fantastic. ....only down side which we did not report was that one of the quilt covers was covered in makeup so just turned it the other way round and slept with it that way. We also lost electric on one of the days for 6 plus hours and one of my boys was a little poorly so had to stay in van that day lost all the food in the fridge freezer had to go buy ice to keep his antibiotics cool and milk cool for there drinks they are the only two negatives. Mash and barrel was ok but im speaking from the point of view of a fussy vegetarian. Entertainment day and night was great they enjoyed the infants activities and my little boys thoroughly enjoyed it ran absolute riot in the club they were so excited....one of them even got kisses off a little girl.....there first holiday romance lol....pool was good fun although only the deeper pool was open on the inside at the time we went....one of my boys enjoyed it the other was far from impessed and scoweled all the way through it.....They loved the little outdoor play park for babies. I didn't go on the ariel adventure multi sports court go carts donkeys tge indoor things you could do like pik and paint or children's indoor play area or golf so cant comment but everyone looked as if they were having...spar was convenient and reasonably priced.....they had there 1st time at the beach which was beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed it although any sandcastles we made were instantly demolished by them which they thought was hillarious. All in all a great holiday and 2nd time at presthaven the biys had a fantastic time and all us adults were knakered running round after them .have booked for next year but are going platinum next time hope we get one of the lovely ones with a verenda at the front....already counting down the weeks just another 51 to go

• Stayed July 2014
PresthavenS, Front Office Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello again,
Thank you for taking the time again to leave us more feedback. I’m so happy to be reading another review from you after another brilliant holiday. The weather has been fantastic, as you say apart from that one day when the heavens opened. I’m sorry about the problems you had while you were in your accommodation, we could have swapped your duvet so I am sorry about that. I’m sorry to hear that one of the little ones was poorly, and with the fridge going off that must have been a nightmare so I really apologise about that. It’s lovely to hear that the boys had such a good time, especially after last time we were saying they could do more on this holiday. How cute getting his first kiss here :) you’re making so many memories with us at Presthaven Sands- first holiday romance, first time at the beach and trampling down sand castles...I love this! I’m so glad you’re coming back again next year, and that time with even more for the boys to get into :)
Cara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a delux plus caravan for 3 nights. Nothing delux about it. Urine stained duvets, thin mattress creaky beds. Dirty carpets, stale smell and out dated upholestry. Not enough sheets. Broken shower. My sister left a more detailed review. Thought id add my own.

So i was sat watching tele, i seen a flea jump on me. We all had bites, including myself. As i can have allergies to bites this was concerning. Luckily it just itched like hell red and angry. Site should ban dogs all together and if must keep a check on them vans.

The entertainment was tacky, if you dont drive your stuck there as its some distance from the main town. Food was rubbish on site, pub was over priced heated up or fried food.

Fridge was tiny in the van not suitable for 8 people it could hold esp if they were adults.

We liked a little 2p machine with fruit machine type bit but 1 of them was not fully functioning. The archade was half shut off sat night looked like bins collect water leaking. The main entertainment area was shut for a private function.

Only good thing is the nature reserve and beach with dunes and reeds. Had i not had a toddler i would have done some long walks to get away from the rif raff that stay there. Classy ladies swigging their own bottle of wine from the bottle walking through the archade.

Lot of noise from wasted youngsters at night.

Whilst we was there a 2 year old went missing, apparently playing alone outside. Says a lot. Hopefully she or he was found.
Not too sure how much the kids enjoyed it they seemed bored at times esp the saturday due to cancelled indoor activities.

Would have been nicer and better value to book a cottage somewhere. Live and learn.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Fruitcake36
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you weren’t happy with your accommodation; I mentioned before that it may have been the wrong number reported as I am confused by your issues not being rectified. You haven’t said if you reported your suspected fleas to us as this is something we would take very seriously, we do have a lot of horse and sand flies around at the minute and especially if you visit the beach you can get bitten. We do advertise Deluxe Plus as pet free so if there was evidence that a dog had been in there I do apologise. We do have an arrangement with a local taxi firm who offer fixed low prices from the park to lots of local places, and have recently arranged for the local Arriva Bus Service to add a stop on park so if you do wish to go off park we have tried to make it as easy as possible. The sand dunes and nature reserve are beautiful, we are lucky enough to have them as home to some of the UK’s rarest reptiles and amphibians which is brilliant. As a family park we don’t accept bookings of young parties without children so I am sorry that you experienced noise from other guests. Fortunately the child that was reported missing was just a case of missed communications and she was with other family members which was a massive relief. I hope you will choose to holiday with Haven again,
Cara

Travellers are raving about these Prestatyn hotels

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We visited the park in July and was here for a week. It's been a good holiday and we are going away very happy but there are a few things that need making better. There isn't enough for under 4's to do. And the food and drink in the entertainment complex are massively over priced. Also the on site activities priced them selves out for us. Good point, the swimming pool was great and the night entertainment was good too. All the stuff has been great and the caravan we have stayed in is nice and can't complain there. Great place to come with kids 5+ and smaller family's but we are a 6 person family and kids of 12,3,2,1 so not so easy to entertain. We will come back but in a few years when the kids can do more things.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi Nic,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. It sounds like you did enjoy your holiday with us which is brilliant. We try to cater for all age ranges as best we can, and the characters are always a big hit with the little ones, so I’m sorry that you didn’t find enough to do for the toddlers. We do try to keep all of our prices on park competitive, I apologise that you found them to be high. I’m really happy to read that you loved the swimming pools and the kid’s entertainment. I bet all of the kids loved staying in a caravan, so I’m really pleased to know that you were happy with your accommodation. I will look forward to you coming back with us especially knowing the kids will be able to take part of even more fun on park,
Bromyard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We usually go abroad for our holidays but having a four month old baby we decided to holiday in this country and we are so glad we did. Before comming to haven we read the reviews and after seeing the negative comments we were dreading comming. What a surprise when we arrived we honestly can't see why people moan about the place, plenty to do, caravan very clean, not overpriced i would say all prices are more all less on par with what you would pay at home. We are sad to leave and our boys aged 5 &6 enjoyed every minute of the holiday, we have never seen them sleep so well! We are booking to come back next year!

2 Thank davfi84
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I’m really glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us at Presthaven Sands. Wow- it makes me so happy that you preferred Presthaven over your holidays abroad! I’m so glad that even after reading reviews you came and made your own decisions, and thank goodness that you did. There’s so much to do I’m not surprised your boys slept so well. We do keep our prices competitive so I am glad that you have mentioned them. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back next year; extra discounts are available so keep your eye out for deals before the end of this season,
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here only for a weekend, had a fab time with lots to do for my children. Booked a standard caravan which was lovely. Has 3 entertainment halls and a lovely park for children to play. Swimming was fantastic shame about the changing areas, not enough to accommodate everybody. Right next to the beach which is a bonus. Would definately recommend and would return :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Joanne C
Hi Joanne,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your holiday with us at Presthaven Sands. I’m so happy to hear that you had a brilliant family holiday here. There is loads to do with the kids as you say and I’m sure you packed everything you could into your short stay with us. I’m glad to read that you loved your caravan as well. The beach location is fantastic, especially when the sun has his hat on :) I hope you will be coming back with us soon,
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Love the pool and outdoor pool areas. All staff(apart from those on the go karts ) are really friendly. Obviously there are the petty niggles, like feeling we're being squeezed for every penny, but besides that:

- the Mash beer garden NEEDS parasols. The canopies are just not up to the job with the direction of the sun. I like sitting outside, but I don't like exposing myself to skin cancer (bet you don't get many complaints about the sunshine!). Seriously, though sitting outside would be a lot more pleasurable with access to a bit of shade.

- the food in the Mash is hit and miss. More miss though, unfortunately. I guarantee you can order something one day, then order it the following day and it will be nearly completely different. However the childrens meals are where it gets bad. Rock hard fish fingers with chips are served as standard. I think they just throw it all in the fryer together - the result being decent chips with frazzled whatever.

- I know you want to get everybody to the main complex so they spend as much money as possible, but by removing small parks and playground dotted around the site, you have snatched away possible friendships, memories and part of what makes caravan holidays special for children. Not to mention the prospect of giving mum and dad a break for a couple of hours while the children play nearby, we are herded daily to the complex with its flashing lights and pound shop toys priced at £7.99. I just want to enjoy a holiday without my kids begging me for money or constantly feeling like I'm being conned.

Otherwise a decent place. Standard caravans, a few activities, and all next to the beach. A nice place, just needs to focus a bit more on the customer rather than their wallet.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aisforandy
Hi Andy,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I’m really happy to hear that you loved the swimming pools, indoor can provide loads of fun under the shelter and the outdoors are perfect with the recent weather we have been having. Thank you for commenting on the team on site being friendly, I have taken into consideration your comments about the go karts team and will take this up accordingly. Due to essential feedback like yours we are able to move forward, and have since put parasols on the tables on the decking area. I will speak to the catering manager about your thoughts on the food, and I am sorry that this wasn’t up to your standards. We have had more play parks added in throughout the caravan areas this year so I am confused that you say they have been removed. We completely understand that as well as fun for the kids your holiday is also your time away and you’d like to relax. We have had lots of improvements over the last few years and I can assure you we are customer focused, as we have lots more lined up that are going to make your family holidays even better. I hope you will choose to come back for another holiday with us,
Selby
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visited using the daily mail holidays so had a massive discount. We were in the standard caravan with 2 bedrooms. We arrived at 1.30 pm and checked in then and the van was ready which was great. Generally everything was clean but it needing a big makeover. Grouting in shower, black!! I honestly didn't feel clean the whole time we were there. The seating also smelt of hot sweaty bodies, curtain poles has no ends on and weren't secured on so kept falling down when we opened or closed the curtains. Outside the cab was terrible. Tab ends, dummies, a bar of soap and a cleaning sponge amongst rubbish were chucked under the van.
Swimming pool was great, kids had a fab time.
We waited around for ages for the go karts which were supposed to be opened at 10am but the guys weren't even there at 11am! Not much for kids under 4 to do to be honest.
Mash and barrel nice but slow to come and expensive.
Rained heavy one day whilst there and live lounge/amusements, spar and swimming pool all had leaks. Swimming pool actually shut!!! This is the start of the season and shouldn't be happening.
Activities expensive.
All in all kids had a good time and we got what we paid for, however if I had paid full price for this I wouldn't be happy.
Also vile language from the large amount of mancs and scousers. Iam surprised my kids havent come home foul mouthed.
Bouncers on door are generally friendly enough, apart from one skin head muscle man with a shirt 3 sizes to small who challenged us for carrying a bag of washing in to the reception area to give to my husband to take to the caravan.

Hi Sandra,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad to hear you had a great start to your holiday, standard is generally a 4pm check in so being able to check in so much earlier is brilliant. I’m sorry about the issues you found in the accommodation, you haven’t mentioned whether you reported these to us but we could have got them fixed for you as they are unacceptable. It’s lovely to hear that the kids loved the swimming pool; it’s so much fun in there especially with the new additions of the tipping buckets and taps. I will speak to the Go Karts team as they do advertise from 10am so I do apologise that you had to wait to go on them. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your food in the Mash & Barrel. We did have a very heavy rainfall during your stay which did cause some flooding, the problem was quickly rectified and everything back to normal as soon as possible. We do ask for a level of etiquette between our guests so I am sorry that you found people to be swearing. Security are a very friendly team, and bags are checked coming into the complex to avoid alcohol being brought in however I apologise if this didn’t come across properly to you. I hope you will choose to come back with us soon,
Cara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
#1 of 2 in Kinmel Bay
Tan Rallt Luxury Holiday Park

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!