“Poor customer service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Myself and 6 friends went to this restaurant and will not be going back. Despite ordering some starters and a main meal each we were told that one of our party could not order an English meal because we were told by the waitress it was unfair she had booked a table out and we were not eating a proper meal.

We spent over £70 in this restaurant and so as we were asking for something that was provided on the menu as an option to be told no is unacceptable. After that point service and basic manners did not exist. We were rushed throughout our meal and will not be going back.

2  Thank Elaine5142014
There are newer reviews for Chynna Garden

Reviewed 6 February 2014

There's no way you can serve food from order to table with such speed without using a microwave. Another reviewer stated 3 minutes. I think they beat it with our meal tonight. If Chynna Garden was our local Takeway, we'd perhaps know the menu better and would perhaps be happy to use it, knowing which meals were worth their asking price. The beef chow-mein was very nice. The duck was extremely fatty though. The sweet and sour very artificial in it's flavour (the first to be served and not quite warm enough). The dip with the spring rolls (which were very nice) tasted like refreshers and was a luminous pinky orange. The rice was quite poor and the only real difference between the fried and boiled seemed to be the colour. A hotch potch of results, mostly disappointing. We experienced excellent service though, very friendly. But the standard of the food not worth the £48 asking price. Quite disappointing for under an hour of our evening although the interior of the restaurant is very accommodating.

1  Thank Egg1000
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The food is very acceptable and the general ambiance of the restaurant is fine but the staff need to at least smile now and then. They serve the food as though it is real chore to them. A little light-hearted banter might encourage return visits from customers.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Went here with a few girls as soon as I walked in I hadn't even taken my coat off and they asked me what I wanted to drink. Had my meal that was ok but as we were finishing our drinks they were just hovering around our table as if they wanted us to leave we hadn't even been there an hour and we all felt very rushed which we took our time otherwise ok! It's nice to be asked mayne twice max during your meal how it was I reckon we were asked around 4-6 times!!

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

On the Saturday between Christmas and New Year my partner and I went to Chynna Garden for a meal as we fancied a change from Turkey. We had not been there before but will certainly be going again. Food, service and atmosphere was excellent. We had a lovely evening :))