“Sunday lunch”

Ranked #14 of 84 Restaurants in Prestatyn
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family Run Bar & Bistro offering a range of fine wines, real ales and a wide choice of meals. Sports tv and live music and sport.
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My son treated me to Sunday lunch today.once again service was second to none and food was fantastic. Highly recommend the Belgian waffle with syrup and ice cream, gorgeous !!!

Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic faultless service!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I organised a meal on a Saturday lunch time at Archie's for a large hen do of 24. The service from start to end was faultless, with excellent communication beforehand and absolutely delicious food being served. The team even decorated the table for us in advance of our arrival.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff even on such a busy weekend. The traditional pub food was all yummy (we recommend the steak followed by honeycomb cheesecake!) and we all had a great time.

I will definitely be back next time we visit. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

It was my birthday yesterday and my partner and I decided to eat here last night.
It is a nice bar with friendly staff and good beer and wine.
Menu is average pub fayre but they do advertise their twice cooked hand cut chips which we were eagerly anticipating. My partner chose the sirloin steak with trimmings and I chose beef stroganoff. Steak was lovely, but my stroganoff was pretty dire with small chewy bits of meat in a tasteless sauce. Chips were soggy and greasy and the pilau rice was a harsh accompaniment.
I didnt each much and a member of staff asked whether we had enjoyed it but we said we were disappointed.
It could have been so much better, but they need to improve their food.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank carole h
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
“Good pub food at good prices”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This isn't fine dining, but great quality above average pub food, a great place to have a fairly inexpensive meal. Welsh black beef steak, hand cut chips, curries, great burgers all ordered by our group of 8. Reasonable waiting time and lovely service. The owner Amanda, spent ten minutes asking our opinions and telling us about the area, really nice lady. Archie's has a great and changing selection of real ales, Amanda recommended a lovely local beer. If you are a party animal Archie's turns into a music bar around 10 pm. A pleasure to have such a place in a small town , but what makes the place worth the visit is the pride the owners take in keeping the Archie's spotless and making sure you enjoy the experience. Amanda's mum Gina works behind the bar making it a nice family affair and apparently Amanda's her husband Jim occasionally helps out. We have dated several times lunch, early doors and early eve.

• Visited November 2013
North Wales U.K.
“proper food.”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Archie's serve proper food well presented,after reading their website I was a little apprehensive about the statement that we have a cook not a chef but my concerns were ill founded as the quality of the food was terrific and the service second to non ,we will certainly be paying another visit soon and next time will be taking along friends to experience this terrific little restaurant.

• Visited January 2014