“A mixed bag, yet overall a pleasant weekend...”
Review of The Beaches Hotel

The Beaches Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Prestatyn
Bradford
“A mixed bag, yet overall a pleasant weekend...”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Before I start I did enjoy my break and any criticism below isn't meant to be harsh.
The location is literally on the beach at Prestatyn. An ideal touring base for Chester & North Wales. The hotel itself looks a bit of a gloomy hodge-podge, former care home / hospital perhaps, maybe a lick of lighter paint on the exterior would brighten things up. There's a Pontins holiday camp directly across the road and ample hotel parking.
The room was nice enough, though slightly disappointing. I'd upgraded to a suite, thought it was the honeymoon when I booked! As a description junior suite would even be pushing it. I've stayed in many larger doubles. The en-suite had a shower no bath. There's even a note in there warning you that the power shower is powerful. Something normally to be snorted at and taken with a large pinch of salt, but not in this case. Plentiful hot water and a spray that was just the right side of not flaying the skin off your body. Fantastic. The view out in to the Irish Sea? Spectacular.
The food was good, though a bit of a wait at times. Some confusion over a booking system and how the dinner inclusive rate is charged. Check your final bill for any unpleasant surprises when checking out.
The staff on the main were really good, hardworking and helpful, but harried. The hotel does seem to be torn as to it's aspirations. If you want to be a "destination" hotel then you need to offer a relaxed vibe and that starts with having the staff in sufficient numbers to offer that. Plus, even though I'm sure he's a lovely bloke, not every diner wants to know that this is your first shift in 10 weeks. If the Beaches wants to be cheap and cheerful-ish then that's already covered over the road at Pontins.
The leisure facilities were okay, warm pool, but my partner was slightly concerned over how slippy the tiling was to and from the changing room for people with mobility issues.
The bar area was nice and comfortable and the outside seating great for watching people and the sea. Lovely place to relax in good weather with a long cold drink.
As mentioned in previous reviews there is refurbishment work ongoing. The Kids game room had no access and was substituting as a store room, pneumatic drills going on a Sunday morning and I did feel sorry for any poor beggar who paid for a seaview, flung open the curtains to the sight of a wheelbarrow on scaffolding...
Again I don't want my criticisms to sound harsh. I enjoyed my weekend. And would go back. There's certainly potential there. I think the hotel is trying to position itself above the usual coach holiday type spot and all credit to them for that, but it's going to take continued investment in the building and staff. I hope they make it and would like to go back and see if they have.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 323. I wouldn't pay extra for a suite over a standard double, however I would def...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tyrion24
BeachesManagement, Manager at The Beaches Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us here at The Beaches Hotel. Any feedback given is always appreciated and it allows us the opportunity to ensure that any experiences or problems are learnt from to prevent re - occurrences.
With regards to your comments about the exterior of the building, the painting of the wood work has been carried out and the exterior of the hotel does look slightly different, it certainly looks brighter.
It is such a shame to read that you were disappointed with the room that you were allocated upon arrival at the hotel. We do have a range of rooms available within the hotel, ranging from single rooms to honeymoon suites, so it is such a shame that you were not happy with your room.
Thank you for your feedback in terms of what the hotel is trying to offer, we will certainly take your comments on board. In terms of the bar area and outside seating area, since your visit this has all been developed and is quite honestly, a perfect place to unwind and relax and like you mentioned, watch the world go by. The sunsets that can be experienced from here can really be amazing. The development work has now ceased and we did try to ensure that any disruption was kept to a minimum, so again apologies for any inconvenience this caused to your stay.
We are constantly investing in the hotel and we strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy their time with us, if you were to come back and visit us in the future, which we hope you will, we feel confident in saying, you won't be disappointed with the changes. Should you require any assistance with anything further, please do not hesitate to contact Claire at claire@thebeacheshotel, who will be more than happy to help you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
London
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. During my stay the hotel was undergoing refurbishment, although this meant that building and decorating work was going on the disruption was kept to a minimum and there was no noise. The hotel does need a redecorate and it is obvious that they are doing this, however the redecoration is just due to tiredness and the rooms themselves are comfortable and clean and I was able to get a good night sleep.
I found the staff friendly and helpful and although the food was nice. The only real problem I had was that I was unable to get an internet connection which was irritating as I needed to get some work done.
By far the best asset of this hotel is the location, right on the beach, looking out across the bay.
I would stay here again if I visited the area again.

Room Tip: If you can get a sea view room it is worth spending a little extra.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us here at The Beaches Hotel. It is always great to welcome a new corporate guest to the hotel as we consider ourselves an excellent base for any type of business traveler as we offer such a range of facilities.
As you have mentioned the hotel has recently undergone some refurbishment work, which I am pleased to say for the time being has been completed and the work has really enhanced what we have to offer for our guests. The patio area overlooking the beach and the Irish Sea is a perfect haven to relax and unwind and our new promenade bar is modern yet intimate and is the ideal place to enjoy an evening meal or snack. I am delighted to see that even though this work was being carried out, it did not impact your stay at all.
It is such a shame that during your stay there was problems with you accessing the WiFi, as we like to ensure that all guests have access to the complimentary WiFi that we offer throughout the hotel. If issues like this arise, we do have a technical person on site and ordinarily matters are resolved promptly. However I apologise that this caused an inconvenience for your stay.
It would be great to welcome you back to the hotel if you are in the area again and if you require any assistance at all, please feel free to contact Claire at claire@thebeacheshotel.com and she will be more than happy to help
Wales
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently visited the hotel for a friends wedding, the food excellent, the female staff however appeared moody and scruffy and when I found a hair in my food it wasn't surprising with how they looked! A young male staff on the bar called josh was very smart, quick, very friendly and dealt with the usual drunken rowdiness towards the end of the night very well as well as helping my paralytic sister which I never got chance to thank him for! On whole it was a lovely day and I was definitely consider holding my wedding here!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about the recent wedding that you attended here at The Beaches Hotel. Your feedback in relation to the female staff will certainly be taken on board and passed on to the management team so that performances like this will not be repeated. I will also ensure that your kind words about Josh are passed to him, it is always lovely to read that our staff have gone the extra mile for our guests.
It is wonderful that you would consider holding your wedding here, as i am sure you will agree, as a venue, we really do have something fantastic to offer and with all the recent redevelopment work that has taken place on our decking area, we really have got a unique element to add to any special occasion.
If you do require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact Claire at claire@thebeacheshotel.com, where she will be only to happy to help
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had our wedding here and it was fantastic, sacha and all the team were brilliant and willing to do anything they could to help, our food was delicious and everyone at the hotel made our day perfect for us

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent wedding here with us at The Beaches Hotel. Sacha and all the team really strive to ensure that all weddings that take place here are special and memorable and it is great to see that yet again they have managed to achieve this. With a location like ours, we really are the perfect venue to hold a special occasion.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, it would be great to see you again
stafford
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here from friday-monday. the facilities are great however i did feel for the price you pay way too much for what you get and the food is pricey.. location is great right on the sea front but lack of local places too eat lets the area down.. good sized pool ,jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.. nice big clean rooms and pleasant staff.. overall had a brill time would deffo go back & recommend to a friend :)

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us here at The Beaches Hotel. It is great to read that overall you enjoyed your time here with us and were pleased with the facilities that the hotel was able to offer you. There is constantly development taking place within the Prestatyn area, what with a new shopping Park being recently built, so the area is definitely improving in terms of what there is to offer any visitors, so maybe next time you visit there will be more venues for you to visit to try local cuisine.
It would be great to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and it is great to see that you would recommend us to your friends also.
If there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact Claire at claire@thebeacheshotel.com, who will be only to happy to help.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for one night away, Hotel looked lovely from outside, did not disappoint with the main areas. We were given room 108,side sea view which was great,shame the room let us down for £90.00 per night i feel it should of been better quality.... on the first floor... room was not the same standard as the rest of the hotel, Very Very dated, wallpaper only on half of the wall, scuffs, scraps, on all the walls, and black marks, bathroom bath panel could of been finished off, bed was very hard, but that "s my preference, it might be ok for other people,maybe we should have asked for a different room?? really needs painting a.s.a.p, also the hum of the swimming pool underneath us, but that didn"t bother us much. Went down to the bar for dinner, ordered our food, 55 mins later still waiting for food!!! bar staff had to go and find out were it was!!! only a panni and a burger!!! Two lovely bar staff working that night, Claire and Rob, a great asset to you, great location on the beach front, and sitting outside having a drink. Room was clean and bedding was fresh.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us here at The Beaches Hotel. It is such a shame that you feel that the room allocated was not of the same standard as the rest of the hotel. Please be assured that the hotel is involved in a continuous development programme, we constantly strive to ensure that all rooms are up to date and decorated, however please be assured that all your comments have been taken on board and we will rectify them so as to not have the same problems in the future. I am sure you will agree that the view that can be obtained from room 108 is fantastic, so it is a shame that you experienced these problems with the interior of the room.
Again may I apologise for the delay in you receiving your food, no one should have to wait that length of time, so please accept my sincere apologies for this. This is not a common practice I can assure you.
Glad that you got to appreciate our location, which is right on the beach front and since your stay with us, we have had a lot of development work take place which has further enhanced both the bar area and the patio area for our guests to enjoy, so it would be great to welcome you back to the hotel and hopefully have the opportunity to alter your opinion on the rooms which we have available.
Should you wish to visit us again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact Claire at claire@thebeacheshotel.com, who will be only to happy to help.
North Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from 2 nights at the Beaches Hotel, Prestatyn. Stayed while daughter was playing in netball tournament. 3 bedded room was great. Big enough for us all with nice bathroom. Beds really comfy and 3rd bed was a full sized single which these days is quite rare!!! Overlooked the beach and we were woken in the morning by the sound of the waves on the sand - it was wonderful. Breakfast was really good and the evening meal was delicious and really good value for money. Drinks in the bar were extremely reasonable and the staff were so friendly. A fantastic weekend away. We will be back next year, thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking beach can be abit noisy if function was on, but the view and the sound of the wave...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gillian G
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us here at The Beaches Hotel. It is fantastic to read that your whole experience with us was an enjoyable one, from the room, to the service and right through to the food that you had with us. I couldn't agree more than with your comment about being woken by the sounds of the waves, we really can offer a unique experience given our proximity to the beach front.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year and if there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact Claire at claire@thebeacheshotel.com, who will be only to happy to help.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#19 of 60 in Llandudno
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn

Been to The Beaches Hotel? Share your experiences!