“new year 2013 at pontin's wales = fab”

Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
“new year 2013 at pontin's wales = fab”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Went to pontins wales for 3 nights for new year and was fantastic, even going back for 2014 new year.Went with my 6 year old daughter and my cousins. They all had a brill time.entertainmet was fantastic, price at bar was reasonable priced.rooms was good and clean and plenty of space, beds bit hard but slept fine. showers need inproving but all good and a brill time

Room Tip: the club x
2 Thank Steph H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately we didn't think to read other peoples reviews on TA before we set off, if we had we would have happily sacrificed the money we paid.

Booked it through a Groupon so wasn't expensive but wouldn't go back if you paid us!! From the minute we arrived, it was like going back in time, to a concentration camp! The buildings were old fashioned, the actual accommodation was appalling. We cleaned every surface before we unpacked. Fortunately we had chosen to take our own bedding so at least we knew that was clean! The fridge was disgusting,not quite sure what was living down the side of it,see photos. We didn't bother with the entertainment. Took a walk through the on site amusements and nearly stuck to the carpets, could do with a deep clean or a good fire!!! We even had to pay for own electricity which seemed to go very quickly, admittedly it was cold so we needed the heaters on but there's no indication of how long you're getting for your money each time.

Having said all of this, we will definitely go back to the area as the scenery was beautiful and in the right weather, the beaches would be nice. We also visited the nearby Mountain zoo which was amazing and also Conwy castle which was great. We'd just take a route around Prestatyn!!!

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Paul H

Travellers are raving about these Prestatyn hotels

Darlington
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We went for NYE2013/14 and we were very worried about what we would find when we arrived.

ARRIVAL/CHECK IN
We arrived at about half 4 and was directed by security to receiption. We could not quite believe the length of the queue when we got there! We queued for around 1hr 15 minutes before we were at the from of the queue. Once we got to the counter the girl serving us was friendly enough and we were given our key and told how to find our room.

THE ROOM - the bit we were dreading!
What can I say? Dated and dirty are the the best way to describe what we found. If I ever find myself unemployed I will be straight on the Pontins website looking for a cleaners job! They either get paid for doing nothing or there are only 2 cleaners for the whole park?!?! (probably the latter).
The oven was filthy, overflow on the sink was filthy the floors were filthy, we couldn't tell what the weather was like outside as we couldn't see past the grime and bird muck. The bath (if you can call it that) was full of hair and very mouldy around the edges.
There were a few faults in the room - The sink was blocked and wouldn't drain, the toilet wouldn't flush and when it did it sounded like a rocket taking off! Also there was no hot water pressure! We reported this to receiption and all problems were sorted out straight away! Can't fault the staff for the way they handled everythin (if you do decide to go, request room 374 as everything now works and we gave it a ruddy good clean!).

ENTERTAINMENT.
The entertainment was first class, special mention for Jamie and the first class, fab band and every song they did was better than the last! Great.
My only gripe is that we had no chance of getting a table as they were reserved from 9am when the doors opened but that's not Pontins's fault. Also again the entertainment area could have been cleaner.

We probably wouldn't go back but we made the best of it and all in all we had a really good time!

Room Tip: Take cleaning stuff, LOTS of cleaning stuff.
3 Thank andylee210
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Took 2 hours to check in. Apartment had not been cleaned or checked it was damp, fridge mouldy and take own bedding. Was only there for 1 hour then checked out, me and my family decided to go home. Do not go there for a holiday it is not suitable for adults or children. It is a dive and run down.

Room Tip: Just do not go.
7 Thank K8tieR2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

After reading the reviews on here I was very very apprehensive. I was so worried about the condition of the place that I wished I had not booked.

There were 8 of us in our party. 2 adults and 6 children, (3-14 years). We had two rooms next door to each other. Rooms 300 and 302. Both our rooms were very clean. The flooring had new laminate down and had been painted. They must be 'refurbing' the apartments because most people we spoke to had a 'refurbed' room.

We were self catering, the only minor quibble I did have was that the kitchen utensils was not clean with visible signs of food stuck to them, We had to wash all the utensils and pans ourself but we would have done this anyway.

The camp its self has a very good wacky warehouse that my children enjoyed playing in. They also used the skate board park and the crazy golf. The crazy golf was free and the skate park was very cheap at £3 for half an hour. The park facilities where really good. I like the fact most the facilities are bunched together.

The swimming pool I was not so fond of. The changing rooms where disgusting with mould every where and the showers where freezing cold. My children refused to shower in them. When I asked the life guard why they was so cold he explained that the recent floods had flooded the boiler house and that as a result the boiler wasn't working properly. I do not know whether this was the truth or not but I have read other posts on here that state the showers do not work properly and only produce cold water, but the have know that Prestatyn have had the floods the life guard mentioned.

The entertainment team worked very hard to entertain children and adults. I was disappointed that the children's sports ie football clubs, tennis clubs, treasure hunts etc was not on. There was no entertainment for the children in that sense, but there was still plenty to do.

Lastly, on NYE itself in the main rooms, people had reserved the tables from 9am! They had decorated the tables to reserve them but leave them unoccupied. I thought this was ridiculous. The room was empty but all the tables where taken and reserved. People had no chance of sitting down.

Overall we all had an amazing time! I would definitely recommend for a cheap break. I would happily go back. I wish I had taken photos to prove how lovely the rooms were.

Enjoy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teresa K
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I agree with all the other reviews but want to add one very important point.
I had a small cut but kept on knocking it and kept bleeding so I went shop and no plasters so I asked in arcade office for first aid box to which I was met by a clueless staff member who sent me to security and guess what no idea so sent me the bar and guess what ??? No idea. At this point I was quite rattled ( been over a hour) so I pointed out there responsibly and was laughed at!!
I gave up at this point, I had a minor cut but imagine if it was a child or more serious .
We booked 3 nights stayed 1 it really is that bad!!

• Stayed January 2014
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

This was where Holiday on the Buses was filmed in the early 70s and its not changed 1 iota since. This place needs to be flattened and rebuilt from scratch. Accommodation was similar to army barracks Vile Awful surroundings

Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
Presthaven Holiday Park
Presthaven Holiday Park
#1 of 7 in Prestatyn
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,737 reviews

Been to Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park? Share your experiences!