Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The whole place is tired & dated. Our accommodation was ok but the surrounding areas were dirty & their was bird crap on all the windows of every apartment & litter everywhere, the grass hadn't been cut in ages. It was good as a base camp, somewhere to sleep but that's it!

4 Thank Charlington1980
Cliff S, General Manager at Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands.
We are extremely sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and this is disappointing to hear.
We have invested heavily in improving our park since the New Pontins was born in February 2011 and we have recieved many compliments on the improvements made. We have more improvements planned in the near future and we hope to keep on improving our park.
We take all guest comments on board as we continually strive to maintain the standard of our park.
Thanks once again for writing your review and we suggest that you check our website on a regular basis for details of any refurbishment or improvements planned.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The cleanliness of the rooms left a lot to be desired but the pool changing rooms we a whole other level of disgusting with designated cleaning team. Used nappies on the floor, hair slime rubbish and cigarette end on the filthy floor. In the toilet excrement had been smeared down the cubicle. On complaining we were told its the life guards job! Only one female lifeguard that can clean the ladies and she is supposed to be a LIFEGUARD not a domestic this hardly seems fair on one person. Shame on pontins!

1 Thank theB-Wfam
Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands.
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here and that you experienced issues in terms of the cleanliness of our swimming pool changing rooms. We are delighted to inform you that we are in the process of finalising a complete refurbishment in the near future of our swimming pool changing rooms and we are thankful for all comments made from guests, such as yourself, in order to help us to improve aspects of our park.
We thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you again at Prestatyn Sands.
manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The rooms were dirty, the swimming pool was even worse, went in to get changed and the floor was filthy, shower trays were blocked so people were showering stood in others dirty water. Reluctantly Got in the baby pool with our children noticed the life guards were looking a little worried, jumped out when we realised this was because there was human excrement floating around the pool which they said had come up through the drain!!
Only good thing was the park outside for the children! Safe to say we won't be returning!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank dan248
Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands and we are sorry that you did not enjoy your time here.
Since the New Pontins was born in February 2011 we have invested heavily in improving our park and it is disappointing when standards of cleanliness leave our guests disappointed. We appreciate all comments from our guests and take all comments made on board as we strive to keep on improving the level of service offered to our guests.
Once again we are really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and we thank you for taking the time to write your review and notify us of your issues.

Travellers are raving about these Prestatyn hotels

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

me and my fiancee took our 2 yr old daughter knowing it wasn't going to be the best but did not expect to turn up to an absolute derelict hell hole. by the time I had found the first 2 used condoms on the children's already disgusting park I had to sit.down and cry. as a mother I felt like a failure bringing my daughter to such a vile place. we came across more used condoms, cans of beer and A BAG OF DRUGS on the park. the lawns hadnt been mown and the.crazy golf and trampolines were broken down. my daughter needed the toilet so we wandered inside... the toilets looked like they were fresh off grime busters and none of the rooms looked like they had even been hoovered. the arcade was a joke non of the rides worked and the shops shelves and fridges were empty. I had already told my fiancee I wanted to leave but he persuaded me to wait to see what our apartment was like. so after having to deal with staff attitude we arrived at the door of our sess-pit. the floors were sticky, mould everywhere, seats dirty, sink held up by metal pole, beds I wouldn't let my cat sleep on and poo all over windows. I was too scared to open the cupboards incase a dead body fell out. at that point I broke down in tears and booked a hotel to stay in, I couldn't allow my daughter to sleep in this place. on the way out we had to avoid the empty cans of stellA left outside our door. I went to reception to ask for our money back and to explain about the condoms.and drugs on the park. all I got was attitude, they refused to give me my money back so I asked for the manager who was a no show. it goes to show how bad the place was when my 2 yr old daughter was asking me if we could go home. one of the lowest points I had as a mother I couldn't even treat my daughter to a decent holiday. the poor girl looked so disappointed. anyway I could go on and on I'm sure you get the picture. we ended up leaving straight away. I would not recommend this to a tramp in need. absolute utter disgrace.

9 Thank natpaulsophie
Cliff S, General Manager at Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands.
We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay,
Incidents like mentioned in your review are an exceptionally rare occurence and we do take matters like this extremely seriously and investigate any reports made of this nature.
We have invested heavily in the refurbishment of our park and it is disappointing to hear that you did not experience the benefits of our improvements on park.
We believe we offer great value for money holidays and we have recieved an overwhelming amount of positive feedback since the New Pontins was born in February 2011.
Once again we thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Stafford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Club Appts are a complete disgrace. Filthy. Supposedly undergone a revamp. Stayed for a weekend with a football team tour in Prestatyn May bank holiday 2014. The main sofa/bed is meant for occasional use and was like sleeping on a plank!! Don't try complaining as it falls on deaf ears. Kids running riot. Worse than benefit street. Never again.

Stayed May 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

After reading the horrific stories posted by recent reviews, I was extremely apprehensive about going here for a football tour. Although basic and well worn, the accommodation was clean and fit for purpose. I wouldn't have fancied spending a rainy afternoon in the chalet, as it's not exactly cosy, but as somewhere to sleep and was it was fine.
The accommodation we had was the most basic and didn't have a shower, which I missed, but did take a tap/shower connector which helped. Beds were really comfy and mattresses clean. Bed lining as crisp and white, which was a plus as you could see it was clean.
Had breakfast in the cafeteria, which was good and started the day before a long football tournament. Some fruit would have been nice and a better choice of cereal!
The fun factory looks like it has been re-furnished and looked impressive. Plenty of tables and chairs. Prices were Ok, £7,95 for a bottle of wine was good value and half a coke was about £1.20.
Wouldn't book a week here but for a long weekend, it was fine.
Ignore the negative reviews, and go with an open mind. I'd recommend booking the more expensive chalets s they looked like they had been re-furnished.
Finally, the staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful, so no complaints there.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club chalet, they looked much nicer!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Joanne S
Cliff S, General Manager at Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands.
We are extremely pleased to hear that your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations.
The Staff and Management on park have worked extremely hard on improving our park since the New Pontins was born in February 2011 and it is great to hear such positive comments from our guests.
We have more improvements planned in the future and we suggest you keep an eye out on our website for details of such improvements and keep an eye out for any special offers.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went on one of the Sun £9.50 holidays. The holiday was good kids liked, room was fine, clean, basic but ok and everything worked, have to push a button for shower but no real problem and electric meter but got free £15. Swimming pool and entertainment were both good, park is basic but also very cheap so didn't expect any frills. Good to travel around to mountain zoo and Ryhl, was a nice holiday kids really enjoyed it and nice to have the grass areas for kids to play football etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Danny837
Cliff S, General Manager at Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands, we appreciate you taking the time to write about your time here.
We are pleased that you had a good holiday. The New Pontins was born in February 2011 and since then we have made many improvements. We have invested heavily in the refurbishment of our accommodation and facilities on park and it is great to hear such positive feedback from our guests.
We thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again in the future,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
#5 of 5 in Rhyl
Hafod Elwy Hall
Hafod Elwy Hall
#1 of 1 in Denbigh

Been to Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park? Share your experiences!