Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Talardy Hotel(St. Asaph)
3,364 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Set of today, 7th July to travel to Prestatyn Sands and arrived at 4pm to be greeted by hundreds of people waiting to be booked in. I waited in a que for over 2 hours and eventually received the keys....OMG what a hole, it was a moldy, dirty, smelly apartment, the cooker was rusty, the furniture from the cheapest place ever, there was dirt on every surface, work tops, floor, sofa bed, all the skirting boards, we could not see out of the windows, believe me it was the worst place I have ever been in, with black mold in the bedroom and round the kitchen window. The picture I took will follow, but honestly all the reviews that have said its a dump and attached pictures are not joking. We thought maybe people may have been going over the top, but it really does need to be shut down, its a disaster waiting to happy, it really is the pontins that time has forgot along with the cleaner, staff and maintenance people who have forgot what to do! Broken glass door (and kids everywhere) Paint peeling, tables full of used glasses, half eaten food, we lasted 3 hours, people where still waiting to be booked in....at 7pm we left to come back home, not bother about a refund as we feel this money could be put to much better use by buying paint, cleaning products or training the staff to do their jobs or maybe just pulling it down and starting again!! what a dump...don't go!!

Room Tip: just don't go...its from the arc
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank M T
Cliff S, General Manager at Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands.
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you felt your accommodation was sub-standard. Unfortunately it appears you were part of the small minority of guests who encounter issues whilst staying on park. Unfortunately this small minority of guests who experience issues sometimes overshadows the thousands of guests we welcome on park each week who make great family memories and receive a great value for money holiday that the overwhelming majority enjoy. We want all of our guests to experience this and therefore encourage all guests to notify us if they encounter any problems with their accommodation so that we can rectify such problems to the best of our ability.
With major refurbishments taken place around our park along with us being surrounded by award-winning beaches along with having great views of mountains, we find it difficult to comprehend us being classed as a 'dump', however we do welcome all opinions from our guests.
Once again we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and we thank for you taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

To whom it may concern,

I would like to express how disgusted myself and my wife were after arriving at your Prestatyn sands location on sat 21st June 2014

Firstly I was a little surprised on arrival and check in where I was handed my bedding? I didn't realise I was turning up for a job!
Anyway, when we arrived at the room I realised perhaps I should have turned up for a job and that your reception area should also be handing out aprons, dust masks, rubber gloves and some cleaning agents!
That's just for starters, what about overalls, paint brushes and paint? I could go on a lot more!
Me and my wife were appalled at the poor level of cleanliness and overall hygiene both in our room and around the site.
The first room we were shown to looked like a squat, it even had markings around the door lock that would suggest it may have been kicked in at some point. It certainly didn't feel too secure when shut!
The balcony railings outside were full of rust and didn't give the most pleasant view! (Rusty metal is a safety hazard, I'm sure you know that if someone were to cut themselves on the rusty railing, it could easily become infected?) I could put lots of pictures on here to show what we faced on arrival, but I will just put on the link to the trip advisor website where there are almost 500 photos re-iterating my findings!!!
The floor, walls, bathroom and kitchen area were poorly cleaned if at all and the bedding was stained it also had several human hairs on it (at least we hope they were human)
Obviously in our shocked and deflated state, we returned to reception to discuss the matter!
The receptionist was very polite and quickly offered a more suitable room, how kind my wife thought...
"Don't hold your breath" I said to my wife, and off we went to our new room, "here it is,the one with the half empty bottle of beer outside and some bedding spewn across the veranda!"

Yes, it was exactly the same but with an extra bedroom, what joy :-) (forgive my sarcasm)
No sooner had we entered the room, we turned around and headed straight back to reception where my wife immediately handed in her resignation for the job on offer!
The receptionist did ask us to fill out a form expressing what our complaint was about, but as it was almost 7pm and we had a 4mth old baby and a 2yr old to attend to we really didn't have time for a 2000 word essay!
We were now faced with a 2hr drive home, not much fun after we had only made the 2hr journey to get to pontins earlier that same day!
How can pontins possibly expect people to live in these totally outdated and unclean chalets for the period of their holidays? People work hard all year round for a little bit of a break and this is what they get for there money!
Pontins may offer cheap budget accommodation but that means nothing if people leave because it is dirty, unhygienic and unsafe!
It appears that those who do stay are rarely happy with their experience, most saying they would never return!
Health and safety could have a field day at your site and in the so called accommodation you provide.

We only booked one night and it was only £29 - but we didn't even bother to stay so we gave you our money and got nothing in return!
I might hope that you would offer a refund to at least show some compassion toward our experience?
Your company may even offer some compensation for the inconvenience caused for the fact that the accommodation offered was not fit for purpose?
However, as I am pretty sure it would be against your company policy to show any kind of compassion, then perhaps you might use our money towards some maintenance?
Since our enlightenment with regard to pontins claiming that they offer the "perfect holiday stay" I have since googled the reviews about pontins (something I and most travellers usually do these days before booking!) and was not surprised to find the never ending list of complaints along with detailed YouTube videos from both individuals and also watchdog!
Please can you step up to the plate and carry out the refurbishments that you promised to Anne Robinson and the viewers, but to date have obviously not actually carried out?
After all, your guests don't want to sleep in the areas you claim to have improved, like the arcade or the fun area or the reception!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this long worded complaint, especially when you probably have many more still to get through!

From a very disgruntled family!

Sent from John's iPhone

• Stayed: June 2014
20  Thank jandbhagan
Cliff S, General Manager at Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands.
In 2013 our bedding procedures changed with the choice of 3 options for guests in relation to bedding. The first option is for guests to pre-book linen packs at a cost of £5 per single and £8 per double, the second option is to bring your own linen and the third option is to purchase the linen packs on park. This is the linen pack that would have been handed to you at reception. The benefits of this are that the linen provided to our guests comes straight out of the packet from the manufacturer rather than laundered linen which can sometimes not be as new and fresh. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by our linen procedure.
We apologise that our standards of cleanliness around the park and in your accommodation did not meet your expectations. Cleanliness is extremely important to us and whilst some guests do experience minor issues we can assure you that none of our apartments require you to wear a 'dust mask, apron or rubber gloves'. We can also assure you that our accommodation is safe and like many organisations of a similar nature, we are subject to the relevant health and safety checks from the local authorities.
Whilst we are extremely sorry that our accommodation is seemingly below the standard you were expecting, we do not expect any of our guests to live in accommodation that is 'dirty and unhygienic' and we do not believe this is a true portrayal of the accommodation on our park.
In recent years we have also invested heavily in both the facilities on park and the accommodation on park with more improvements planned in the near future. We are currently refurbishing our swimming pool changing rooms with a complete refurbishment due to be completed in the coming weeks.
Once again we apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked this holiday through the sun omg... The apartment was falling to bits dirty everywhere beds smelt of pee bathroom door feel off its hinges when I went for a wee and landed on my baby bump and cut me! Complex it's self was run down and swimming pool didn't look anything like the pictures online. We left after 2 nights not being able to stay for the full for with no offer of a refund but a offer of a extra nights stay which was fairly obvious we were not going to take. I would not recommend going here to anyone! I have lots of pictures of the filth and my injury I should actually take them to court!

• Stayed: August 2013
9  Thank grewpink

Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands.
We are sorry to see that you were disappointed with certain elements of your stay with us.We can assure you that all of your feedback has been taken seriously and will be shared with the relevant management for their review and action.
We usually pride ourselves on making sure everyone has the best holiday possible and we are saddened that you felt this was not the case in all areas and that you feel our park looks 'run down', We have invested heavily in improving our park and we are sad to see the improvements made go unnoticed.
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your allocated apartment. Cleanliness is very important to us and we encourage all guests to notify us if they feel something is not right so that we can rectify any issues as promptly as possible.
Once again we apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Booked to stay here and within 30 mins of Checking in we were Checking out to stay at a nearby haven sight. Awful disgusting place with rude staff and customer services. Long battle for a refund but do not give up no matter how many times they gob you off you will get there eventually!!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank beth_jxo
Cliff S, General Manager at Pontin's Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Pontins Prestatyn Sands. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us however without more details about your stay we find it difficult to see the reason for you checking out on the day of arrival. We do notice that your stay was some time ago and that this is your second review of the site, therefore your commments regarding the customer service and staff are quite concerning. We can assure you that every effort is made to ensure that guests have an enjoyable stay and any issues are taken very seriously. Once again we are sorry that you did not enjoy our product.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

brill place and good quality for money kind staff rooms a bit dirty but that does not matter
great entertainment and good arcades easy to win shop on site go karts trampolines swimming pool go if u like kids stuff

Room Tip: go for the best roo
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we do feel that we offer excellent value for money and plenty of excitement for the children. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you and your family again in the future.