“Food is excellent every time” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Piccadilly Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Caerwys
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Food is excellent every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

They have a good selection of gluten free meals with do not compromise on flavour. The pricing level is about perfect and the newly refurbished surroundings are stylish and the staff are very friendly and efficient. I've had a few meals there but the best so far was Pork Fillet with Parma Ham crisp, black pudding mash, sticky pigs cheek, coarse mustard sauce and crispy sage leaves. It was that good I could have eaten it twice.

Would be nice to have specials in addition to the normal menu for regular diners and a dairy free indicator too. But these really would take it from 5 out of 5 to 6, not really that necessary.

• Visited May 2014

St. Asaph, United Kingdom
“great place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I attended with a party of 15, no complaint from any of our party. Food was good and nicely presented. Staff were genuinely friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Visited May 2014
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We visited while staying at Talacre and we decided we wanted to go out for a decent meal. There was myself, my partner and our seven year old daughter.
We were pleased with the decor (like the quirky toilets!) and were given a good table at the back of the restaurant area.
We ordered a plate of mixed breads to start with and shared them.
We were disappointed with the children's menu - our daughter is used to eating what we do, not chicken nuggets - and when we asked if chef could cook a small rump steak we were told "no". So we ended up paying £15 for her to have the 10oz rump steak. I had the pheasant which was nice but a little over cooked for me, as I prefer it pink. My partner had "The Beast", an enormous steak on the bone - £25 but there was a lot of meat!
Unfortunately we didn't have room for dessert so can't comment on those.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Came here years ago before it was burnt out. Couldn't believe how much it's changed. The staff were really nice, the restaurant was lovely and the meal was excellent. My steak was cooked to perfection and I tried the wife's risotto, which was lovely. All in all I would recommend this to anyone and will definitely be back again.

1 Thank Pilsbury66
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant, shame about the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went here on a busy Friday evening. We were a party of six and booked a table for 7.30pm. The Restaurant was very busy so after sitting down and waiting for a menu which didn't arrive, I got up after 15 minutes and got them myself. Not a good start. After studying the menu we were ready to order and a waitress came over to take our order. None of us wanted a starter, instead we thought we would have a main course and a sweet to finish. When we gave our order we were told as we weren't having starters there would be at least a wait of 45-50 minutes. When we said we weren't happy at this as it was already nearly 8.00 o clock, the waitress offered us some 'breads with balsamic vinegar' on the house while we waited. We accepted this as it was too late to travel elsewhere. We were given 3 pieces of bread between six people, and apart from that the bread was dry and stale. After waiting another 50 minutes we asked when our food was likely to be served. It took in total one hour and ten minutes from ordering the food to it actually being served at the table. Obviously none of us was too happy and to make matters worse the food served was average at best. We decided against orders deserts and asked for the bill. When it came they had even charged us for the 'Free' breads that were given as complimentary. They did take this off after I brought tit to their attention. Needless to say we won't be rushing back there in a hurry. It is a lovely place and the decor is great, but the food or the service certainly didn't live up to our expectations.

• Visited April 2014