we stayed there for two nights on a special occasion. I booked over the phone. first I expected something special in the room as the operator has asked if we are there for an occasion. but no there wasn't. we upgraded to the upper deck rooms. this is my first stay at Village so can not compare with the standard rooms. the room has a comfortable bed, Starbucks supplies for coffee and tea and a single hot chocolate sachet and a single small biscuit??!!, there was a Bose iPod/iPhone docking station which I couldn't use as it is the one with 30 pins ( not suitable for iPhone 5 /5s , the room comes with non-HD sky movies package and a reasonable speed wifi. the restaurant was OK but almost empty for dinner, breakfast on the other hand was good but not excellent. I can not stop comparing things to Mercure ( in Sheffield) where I stayed in four months earlier and I find Mercure much better I din't get the feeling that the upper deck rooms are bigger but they were clean and there was no noise . the Fried and pouched eggs were on request however we didn't know that till we overheard it mentioned ( we realised that there was a not at the buffet that fried eggs( didn't mention the pouched) are on order. otherwise was happy about the presence of vegetarian sausages. the pool was nice with steam and sauna. the hot tub was closed for the day in between our nights with no prior notice. there was also a good spa treatments on site with well trained professional staff.
would I come again ?? I don't know may be if on a good deal otherwise would try Mercure nearby which I didn't use in the past
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Chester St Davidls is close to the historical City of Chester and is also an ideal base for touring the splendours of the Snowdonia National Park and North Wales coastline. Excellent motorway access allows you to visit some superb attractions, swimming with sharks at the Blue Planet Aquarium to a gentle steam railway journey through the picturesque Vale of Llangollen. Village Hotel Chester St David's has 140 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Chester St David's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Chester St. David`s Hotel Ewloe
- De Vere St Davids Park
- Village Hotel Chester St David's Ewloe, Wales