“One night chester stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ewloe
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
“One night chester stay”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

On arrival at the hotel the hotel looked very nice and upon check in the staff were very friendly and excellent service provided. A little confusion and more direction needed as to where the lift was located, hotel is like a giant maze! The room itself needed updating, was quite well worn, but was clean and had all facilities needed. Felt the price we payed for an overnight stay in this hotel was little expensive compared to other devere hotels that we have stayed in. We stayed for the location as we had planned a night out in chester, however if its chester you are after i wouldn't stay here as its a good 10-15 minute car journey so that limited how much we could drink. On the whole this is a great hotel if its in the area you need and has many great facilities, it just wasn't was we expected and too far away for us personally.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
VillageStDavids, General Manager at Village Hotel Chester St David's, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Rhiannonxo,

Many thanks for your recent review of the hotel, it is great to read that the team here provided such great service for you throughout your stay. We are carrying out some update to the paint and decor within the rooms and all public areas of the hotel to improve these areas.

I am sorry to read that you found the hotel difficult to navigate, I will discuss this with the reception team.

Many Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just returned from a 2 night break here. Had a lovely welcome when we arrived staff were really helpful and friendly. Loved the Starbucks near reception tried the pool but very small and quite a lot of kids in there. Jacuzzi was fab as was the steam room and sauna. Both restaurants great value for money and lovely food - Diane was exceptional and looked after us making sure we had everything we needed. Room was a great size, loved the king size bed and cleanliness was good. Thanks :)

• Stayed August 2014
Dear SarahC2209,

Many thanks for your very kind review, I will share your very kind words for Diane with her. I am really pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay and very much hope that we see you at St David's again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times on business and still can't getting head around it. On the plus side the staff are always fantastic, cheerful polite and always quick to help. The bars are always really busy. I haven't seem the spa or fitness area so can't comment. Decor is a bit dated and tired the rooms are a good size but pretty average. My gripes were that the hair dryer into room was atrocious which when you have an early meeting is no fun. Also no bottled water available on the room which I would have expected. The outside seating area under my window was pretty noisy until closing time. All In all the place is ok I'd stay again for work but don't think it's worth the money if I was paying.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Amberley F,

Many thanks for your recent review, it is great to read your feedback regarding the team here at the hotel, I will share this with them. The decor in the rooms is something that we are currently working on to improve and we now have a full time painter and decorator on site, I would recommend one of our King Spa rooms as these are much brighter. I will review the hairdryers in the bedrooms, I apologise if this delayed the start of your day.

We hope to see you stay at St David's again in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is a £10 taxi ride (each way) from Chester and so should not be advertised as a Chester Hotel.
Perhaps I may get deleted again!

Everything you expect from Village - good clean rooms, big comfy bed all facilities.

Leisure facilities very busy and not very well thought out at design stage. Saying that the staff kept it clean and attractive (queue for the sauna/steam).

It was very busy when we were there but all the staff had a real team/customer focus.

A relaxed an fun short break.

Room Tip: We had an 'upgrade' which was the same standard room tith bathrobes etc - whatever floats yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
VillageStDavids, General Manager at Village Hotel Chester St David's, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear GL57308,

Many thanks for your review, I am sorry to read that your previous review has been deleted.

It is great to read that you found the team very customer service focused and that you had a fun short stay with us.

I hope that we see you again in the future.

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed for one night. Staff on reception friendly and helpful. Room OK but looking past it's best. The rest of the hotel was similar and furniture and fittings tired. The pool (for an 'urban resort') was small, and when we were there, full of children. Lovely small and hot jacuzzi. The Starbucks is one of the best things at the resort - and I'm not normally a lover of Starbucks! The restaurant didn't look appealing, so we opted to go to the Marstons pub across the road, where we had a nice meal. We skipped breakfast as it was quite expensive. An OK hotel, but a resort? No!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear gilwernboy,

Many thanks for your recent review, I will share your very kind words for the reception team with everyone here at the hotel.

I am sorry to read that you felt TLC was needed in some areas, we are continuing with an ongoing paint program of the hotel to bring everything back up.

I hope that we see you again at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on the spa package with dinner and breakfast. We up graded to an upper deck room which to be honest for an extra £20 wasn't really worth it to have sky movies and 2 sachets of Starbucks coffee so I wouldn't bother with this again. In saying that the room was lovely. Spotlessly clean and a good size. The staff were amazing. They could not do enough for you. The receptionist Anne Marie was amazing. She even gave us a late check out for free even though the hotel was packed with the races being on. (Was only 30mins but made a huge difference to us). The victory pub was lovely. Again staff were amazing. The food was gorgeous and to be honest would much rather have had my dinner in there than the verve restaurant. The only real disappointment we had was that the food in the verve was not we expected. My husband had pollock and I had Cajun chicken which I couldn't finish as it was extremely 'perfumy'. It's the only was to describe it. :) I would defiantly stay again as dispute that everything was top notch. The people the place and the victory pub were excellent. Would just avoid the verve next time I think. :)

• Stayed August 2014
Dear mrsbanksy,

Thank you for your very kind review and for the feedback regarding Anne-Marie and the other team members at the hotel here.

I am sorry to read that you didnt enjoy your Cajun chicken, we have recenlty changed the menu so I will discuss this with our Head Chef.

I hope that we are able to welcome you both back to the hotel again soon.

liverpool
Reviewed 18 August 2014

stayed for one night rooms clean staff very pleasant and helpful one fault the gazebo needs a bit of TLC broken chair and paint on the furniture we would love to go back again food was lovely had a nice swim and sauna we went with our daughter and grandson who both also enjoyed it prices are reasonable but the Sunday dinner 5 course was lovely we were well and truly stuffed,
by the way this hotel is in Queensferry N Wales and not Chester, very easy to get to from the Northwest so thank you for a nice little stay

Room Tip: all much the same
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear rezorba,

Thank you for your very kind review, it is great to read that you had a great one night stay with your daughter and grandson.

Our maintainence team will be making the improvements to the courtyard area as you have highlighted.

We hope that we see you again soon.

Many Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewloe
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Beaufort Park Hotel
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn
Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South

Been to Village Hotel Chester St David's? Share your experiences!