“Pleasant lunch time venue”
Review of Alexander's Cafe

Alexander's Cafe
Ranked #17 of 86 Restaurants in Mold
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mold High Street Cafe. Homemade Cakes. Coffee.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have been here a few times now - both to sit down, and take out. Even though we've been in late morning, we've gone for the sandwich choice rather than a breakfast (although someone had eggs Benedict on the next table and they looked delicious). Had a chicken sandwich which was offered with salad or crisps - I think we had both the last time we were there, but ordered crisps. The sandwich had beautiful chicken in and the coleslaw was really lovely, it isn't cheap but good quality. They do a lovely cake selection as have taken one home before.

Waitresses are helpful without being too over the top. Small venue so does get very busy. We will visit again as it is a nice change from Costa.

3  Thank gilldavies4

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Have popped in here a few times now, mainly for coffee and cake on a Friday afternoon but more recently for light breakfast / lunch on a Saturday. It does get very busy on a Saturday around lunchtime particularly but as this is currently my preferred cafe I’ll wander around the market and try again 20 mins later. After the lunchtime rush it quietens off quickly. Prices are good, food is fresh and tasty, service is polite and efficient. Waitress brings menu to you and takes your order when you’re ready. You pay afterwards not at point of order. Somebody else suggested music. I say leave it as it is. It’s lovely to sit there in the quiet and read a paper / magazine or catch up with a friend without any music spoiling it. My only complaint is a lot of the crockery is chipped (plates, espresso pots) – they should really be replaced. Otherwise, nothing to complain about. Support your local coffee shop, it beats Costa any day!

2  Thank bluelizard
Reviewed 31 May 2014

pleasant place to have a coffee and read the newspapers !
The soup and bread option is good as are the salads.

1  Thank MarianNorthWales
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

first visit to this place - I will be back for sure!! plentiful breakfast menu, good coffee!!!
peaceful and tranquil.
maybe ( and this is just a personal thing not a criticism) a little music in the background.
the staff a very attentive without being 'in your face'

3  Thank AndreasV0gt
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stopped here for lunch on mkt day my only complaint it doe sent hold a licence but that's just me if I'm meeting someone I've not seen for a couple of years it would have been nice to have a glass of wine with our lunch which was lovely the bread was lovely and fresh and they marketeer own coleslaw

1  Thank sueflintshire