“Great venue for a party”

Beaufort Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mold
London, United Kingdom
“Great venue for a party”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We held a party for my 60th recently for a party of 75 people with many guests staying. We combined it with a two night stay in an executive room and all our guests said they enjoyed their stay. The staff (Lesley & James) who handled the party were excellent and very helpful, beforehand and during the evening. Just a note to say a big thank you to the hotel staff at the Beaufort Park for a great evening on Saturday 9th February.

The venue, the food, accommodation and the helpful attitude of James, Lesley and the staff were second to none.

Many thanks and we look forward to visiting again in the near future

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We just went for a Sunday dinner locally with the parents and it was lovely the young girls service in the restaurant were brilliant so friendly and helpful. The food was really nice and great value. Will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Rogerstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This was an overnight stay, for business purposes. Check in was fine.
Room: Quite tired & very stuffy. I switched off the heater in the room & despite it being minus degrees outside I still had all 3 windows open to get some air. There are only 2 floors in the hotel so hardly a build up of heat. There was a man smoking out of his window 2 doors down too throughout the night so I got a nice waft of smoke now & again (not the hotels fault). There was the usual kettle with tea & coffee. The room itself was huge but the door didn’t feel too safe & was flimsy so I put a chair against it at night as I was staying on my own. You could hear people walking about in the corridors. The bathroom was big but a little scruffy where there had been patch jobs by the bath & cracked tiles from floor to ceiling by the toilet roll holder. They were also quite dated. There was a large vanity unit & the toilet was squeezed in next to it so not much room there.
Food: I was offered a meal in the restaurant or the bar as part of my package. I was disappointed at not being offered room service as I would have preferred to have eaten in my room rather than walking into a bar on my own etc. I chose to go in the bar & this was a good choice as there was no one in the restaurant at all! I had fish & chips which was ok. The fish was great but I found the chips a little hard & undercooked. The bar staff were friendly & there did appear to be a mixture of locals & business people.
The bar staff were very friendly
Breakfast: When I went into the restaurant (where breakfast was served) there was no one in there so I hung around for a while (not knowing what to do) & then sat myself down. You could do your own toast & help yourself to cereals & juice. The staff served you coffee/tea & the hot food from the heated trolley. They didn’t appear very generous & when I asked or mushrooms I was given 5 on my plate!
It was ok for business but I wouldn’t sty here for leisure purposes if I was in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Bishop Auckland Co. Durhaml
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel is very good ,bedrooms clean & roomy. Drinks reasonable priced not like other hotel who charge extra for being a hotel . Entertertainer reasonable. Food just average, the kitchens must be along way from the Dining area as it is cold when it arrives to your place . Breakfast I had to ask for hot plates so they were sent to the kitchen to be warmed under the grill. Plates came back hot, but the food was cold so the hot plate lost its battle in the heat stakes. It was a shame as the rest of the hotel was good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cliff_cummings
Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Party of 11 went there for Mother's Day lunch on March 10. Excellent value for money at £15 per head for three courses from a good menu choice. Quality of food did not suffer despite the very reasonable cost.

Room Tip: Not stayed at this hotel but if the room quality matches the catering quality then there is nothing...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pamela H
newport gwent
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here alone and had a double room booked which was purchased through a comparison website. I felt very safe staying as a woman on my own and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and spacious for a standard room type.Other people have said it needs refurbishment BUT then the prices would go up. It's comfortable and excellent value for money. Food is good too. Good position for Mold area and close enough to Chester. Will definitely stay there again when I go back.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank alisonjaynejones
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I struggled to give the overall rating for this Hotel as I was just unsure if it's average or very good!

We stayed in February 2013 for 2 nights.

The staff are helpful and friendly and they would get a 4-5 rating.

I think the hotel just needs modernising and some maintenance overall.

We stayed in an executive suite (room 254), it's a large room (no separate lounge area) with a sofa, 2 chairs and bed. The bathroom has a little more of the wow factor which is large with a 2 person Jacuzzi bath with a shower head over it. We did have a shower but it took 10 minutes to warm up and had hardly any pressure. Also the bath took a very long time to fill up as the pressure from the taps wasn't great either.

It was a cold night (3c) and on entering the room it was freezing. The room was colder than the corridor and only had a small heater on the wall which was on full. We went out to see what it would be like when we came back but it was still just as cold. I asked reception for a portable heater which was handled smoothly and one was delivered to the room in a few minutes.

The bed was reasonably comfortable but seemed to be unstable, every movement the whole bed moved.

The television kept losing signal and didn't seem to have that many channels, also some attention to detail could be needed to hide unsightly cables.

The website quotes the hotel having wireless but this doesn't seem to be available in the rooms, phone or ipad wouldn't find a signal although my laptop seemed to work ok which was helpful as mobile phone signal was an issue.

We had a drink in the bar which was almost not part of the hotel and they don't sell energy drinks! Vodka and coke it had to be... Again it could benefit from being updated and modernised, it seemed more like a social club bar without the atmosphere.

Breakfast was included in the room rate and was a pretty standard english/welsh breakfast with continental buffet and also hot food but no Croissants!

Also the hotel doesn't seem to have which might be an issue for some people!

Great value for money in terms of cost per night for the room we had we paid £79 per night including breakfast.

With some improvements as above I think this hotel could be much better and the rating gives a fair impression of our experience. The staff are friendly and helpful but some improvements need to be made. I would stay again but only if some changes were made.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IanVicker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mold
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn
Soughton Hall Hotel
Soughton Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Northop

Been to Beaufort Park Hotel? Share your experiences!