“Adequate”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mold
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Adequate”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I has occasion to stay at The Beaufort Park Hotel for three nights in September. I would describe the hotel as adequate. The staff are friendly and helpful. Although the rooms are clean, they are tired. The television did not work properly, so I would be in the middle of watching a programme when the television would switch off. A friend telephoned me on the hotel telephone system and we were hardly able to hear each other because of a buzzing on the line. There is Wi-Fi, but you can only get it in the public areas of the hotel. When you are away from home working, you do not always want to have to use the public area to get and send emails. In any case, these days most hotels have access to Wi-Fi in their rooms.

I was offered a choice of venues and menus for evening meals. However, I have a dietary problem at the moment and there was little on the menu that did not contain a fair amount of fat. The staff do clean the bar tables: however, they really need to be sanded down and re-varnished because, although cleaned, they still feel sticky.

Unfortunately, this was not a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Traveller0014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Been here lots of times to ear with family and friends it is a very friendly family run hotel and bar!
The arches bar has a wide range of meals catering for all intolerances and preferences. The carbonara is my favourite! ;)
The staff who served me last week were lovely :) i had carbonara with gluten free pasta!
I have also stayed here and breakfast and function food is gorgeous and the room are clean.
Would recommend to others !

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank SamJJ025
Manchester
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just had two lovely nights at the Beaufort Park Hotel. Dinner was included in our deal.
I can thoroughly recommend the Hotel. The bedroom that we had was spacious and well decorated.The hotel was very clean and well kept. As a conference and wedding venue I'm sure it would be ideal.
There were many different sized rooms/suites available. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was very good and the homemade marmalade was delicious. (Available to buy in reception also). Dinner was beautifully presented and tasted great. A thoroughly good two days and nights.

3 Thank Aileen B
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and myself stayed 21/23 September 2013.We booked an executive room through Booking.com
Upon arrival we had to pass through a group of smokers who were congregating around the hotel entrance. Not very pleasant.

The room 238 was quite large. However the bath had a big chip out of it. The toilet was very difficult to flush, and the television was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. The signal was very weak. The picture kept dropping out, and there was a very limited number of channels

The meal on the first night in the Arches was fine. On the second night we were directed to the
restaurant which is used for breakfasts. There was only my wife and myself in there. The menu was limited.

As with the first meal. We paid there and then. However on checking out. We were asked to pay again for the second evenings meal. Not very efficient.

The pub across the road. The Rose and Crown is very welcoming and friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid room 238
2 Thank jurassicspark
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My Partner and I had our Reception party here following our cival ceremony. From the moment we considered this venue, the staff were always helpful and professional and gave us great advice and guidance. On the actual day (21st Sep) the whole experience, staff, food, drink and value for money can only be titled as being 'excellent'. Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel. They thought of everything. We also stayed over night following the celabration, and again we have nothing but high praise. The room was great! and breakfast was tasty and filling. Both of us, and all of our guests had an experience we would all never forget. Well done and a big thank you to everyone who made our day so fantastic.

1 Thank 101viper111
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My son got married here on sat 7th sept I stayed from the Friday to the Sunday all I will say is we had a fantastic time from the very first second we got there, till the second we left. From the start the staff were very friendly and polite meal in the bar Friday night was lovely, now to the wedding from the start of it the staff ie: Toast master Ken and the Duty manager Mark put the whole family at ease and the went with out a hitch. The room looked fantastic beleve this was down to the early Duty manager Beccy who for a young duty manager did a very good job of getting the room set. The meal which was a carvery was brilliant as was the service by all the staff I believe even the hotel manager and her husband helped you don't get that service most places you go. And the waiting on staff do young but so good at there jobs, the night time meal was fantastic to an the DJ Gary was very good a berry good time was had by all especially my brother who can't remember the night of they is always one. Brakefast was nice too. Will finish of by saying thank you for making ther day and ours very nice and trouble free from Andy Farther or the Groom

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank grandan3
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Enjoyed a good basic Sunday lunch with my wife. We were guests of friends so cannot comment on price or value. Normal sort of Sunday lunch menu, nothing exceptional but enjoyable.

Would we go back - may be

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mold
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gwernymynydd
Abbey Grange Hotel
Abbey Grange Hotel
#9 of 10 in Llangollen

Been to Beaufort Park Hotel? Share your experiences!