Beaufort Park Hotel
  • Restaurant
Plas Hafod Hotel(Gwernymynydd)
    • Restaurant
    • Room Service
    All reviewscoach tripno liftevening mealexecutive suitenational holidaysbar mealsarches barfirst floorgood sizenorth walesbirthday partytea and coffeeexcellent value for moneyfunction roomthe ground floorplenty of parkingshort stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Slightly dated decor in places but overall a great nights stay at a very reasonable price and fantastic evening meal and breakfast.

Helpful and friendly staff, quite a trek to our room with all the cases but we were kindly offered assistance by a member of staff if necessary.

Stayed: March 2014
    1  Thank Tom S
    Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Return again for yet another tribute night and what a truly fantastic night we had. The act was one of the best we have seen there, can't wait for the next one.
    All the staff are fantastic and work so hard to make sure you are well served and looked after from the moment you arrive. Special thanks to Sue, Brian, Carol and one of the nicest men you could ever meet Ken he goes the extra mile to make sure you are all ok.
    Our room as always was excellent, all in all a really great night. Thank you all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
    3  Thank Garageman0504
    Reviewed 26 March 2014

From the time we first booked our special evening, our wishes and expectation were far exceeded. Lesley Bewley, listened, took notice and did everything to ensure our evening went just perfectly. When we first entered the Westminster Suite it looked absolutely stunning and we were so thrilled to see all the tables set and decorated in the way we had requested. The Staff attending us on the evening were wonderful, the food was served quickly and above all was hot. We had 80 guests in attendance and everyone we spoke to afterwards said how excellent the meal was. We cannot praise everyone at the Beaufort Park enough for all they did for us on such a special occasion, nothing was too much trouble and our every wish was far exceeded. We would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending the Beaufort Park to anyone, indeed we already have and another event has already been booked for next year. A special thank you to all of you

Room Tip: We personally did not stay over as we only live a short distance away, but the friends and family who did stay said the rooms occupied were excellent, towards the back of the hotel and were very comfortable.
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Irene and Roy T
    Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a one night stay which was part of a coach trip.
    The reception was welcoming and fast considering the number
    of people arriving at the same time.
    The room was spacious and clean, our view was nil due to a wall approx 6 feet away.
    This wasn't a problem due to late arrival and early departure.
    The choice at dinner was limited, this was probably due to the price paid by the coach company.
    Breakfast was very good, I am sure that had we been allowed to choose from their normal
    dinner menu, I would be giving an excellent rating also.
    The staff that we met were very friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Choose first floor odd number
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
    3  Thank Bongsite
    Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed here before on a five day trip. This time it was a four day one. The reason I came was to go to the wonderful Medieval Banquet at Ruthin Castle on Sunday evening. I have to say I enjoyed it more this time. The young staff were so nice, friendly, helpful and cheerful. They are a real credit to the hotel. I was happy with my room and everything was vey clean, with a good size tele. I especially liked the sachets of Cadburys hot chocolate, Yum! There were ten of us seated around our tables for meals and that can be good fun.
    My friend Rosemary and I decided to go and listen to the entertainment on Saturday evening. I cant remember the young ladys name but she was great. She had a fantastic voice and did a whole variety of different songs, something for everyone. We stayed till the end and had a really good time. I enjoyed my trip ad would stay there again..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo