“very disappointed”
Review of The Woodworks Cafe

The Woodworks Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Mold
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Woodworks Café is situated in the heart of our Garden Centre with a wood-burning stove, oak floor and beautifully designed tables and chairs. Our delicious menu features many locally sourced products and includes breakfast rolls, toasted tea cakes, freshly cut sandwiches and daily specials of hot home-cooked meals. Our highly trained baristas are always on hand to serve hot cappuccinos and layered lattes. Woodworks Cafe is a great place to meet up with family and friends to enjoy a coffee and naturally good food.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been to this cafe several times. The first time was very good. Had a cup of tea and scone which were excellent. The manager of it was chatty. Visited again, my husband had cappuccino I had latte, both tasted like hot milk. We asked for an extra shot. Twice after I have been different days and time. The place was a mess on both these occasions. Plates not cleared then when staffwere asked to clear them, food was left all over the tables and ffloor. We had to go and ask if we could order. It is suppose to be table service. The last time I went. I had to again go and put my order in. The manager was standing there, never acknowledge me, I carried on standing there till another member of staff who was on lunch had to go and tell someone I needed serving. Customer care really does need to be looked at as does table clearing.

5  Thank Dawn S

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

A cafe... inside P&A garden centre!
Quality food, table service, comfortable chairs, all with a "woodworks" theme. Great value too. Free WiFi.

1  Thank PB42
Reviewed 28 June 2014

What a charming, heart warming little café in very nice garden centre which had a nice selection of plants and some very nice timber products, which appeared very reasonably priced.

I took a customer here for a sandwich and a coffee last week.

It was raining outside and a bit grim, but as we walked in, the smell of a log burner reminded me of an Austrian log cabin when its snowing, there was a lovely atmosphere. There are large patio doors that open onto a lovely outside seating area and if it wasn't raining I imagine would be a lovely sun trap and a great place to chat with friends and chill out.

The interior has been done very well with small personal touches giving it a very homely feel. On the tables are lovely pots containing sugar lumps along with sugar tongs instead of the paper sachets, fresh milk in a small jug instead of the long life milk in plastic cartons. All of these small attention to details makes this little café a very quaint hidden gem.

It was very busy and luckily we got the last table. The menu had a selection of sandwiches, panini's, jacket spuds, a couple of specials, a soup and a choice of several home made cakes.

Even though the menu isn't vast when you see people eating around you and all the food looked lovely it became quite difficult to choose. I eventually I went for the vegetable soup and my customer had a sandwich which came with a side salad.

When it arrived I received a generous portion of soup and my customers sandwich must have had half a pound of good quality ham and cheese in it, the side salad was huge and not just a lump of lettuce, but had tomatoes, onions, peppers olives and all sorts with a nice dressing on it.

The soup was probably one of the nicest soups I have ever had, in fact I have asked for the recipe to be emailed to me.

We had a really lovely lunch and the next time I visit Mold I will definitely be back.

Lovely attentive staff, no wonder this place was packed. I definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

2  Thank Linda P
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Newly opened cafe in the garden centre.
Easy parking with the garden centre.
Great cakes.