“Great wedding reception”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Northop Hall
Plas Ifan Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Northop Hall
wales
“Great wedding reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

Delicious food........ great service...................beautiful setting!!!

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

I contacted the Plas Ifan restaurant, from a list I had compiled as a potential place in which to hold a surprise golden wedding celebration for our Mum and Dad.
From my first telephone conversation with them, where I was told they don’t usually open on Sunday evenings but would be happy to open for our party, I knew this was where I wanted to hold the celebration. My first visit to meet the proprietor, June, and see the venue confirmed that even more.
It is a lovely place with beautiful gardens and a warm friendly atmosphere. I was made very welcome, despite my long list of questions. Every request was met without if’s, buts’ or maybe’s.
Once I knew the final number of people attending I phoned and asked if they would be able to let me have an idea of what the table layout would be. I met with another family member of the team a few days later, Andrew, who I thought had gone to a great deal of trouble by actually setting the room, as if for the party, to see if I was happy with the layout, I was only expecting a sketch!
On the day of the party two people were unable to attend. When we arrived, 2 hours before to decorate the room, another family member of the team, Julie, rearranged the seating due to this, despite the tables having already been arranged including place settings. Their attention to detail showed, right down to the gold glass tee light holders on every table. It was a lovely unexpected finishing touch.
The 3 course menu, offered a selection of 5 starters, 8 main courses and 7 deserts, all home cooked! This was clearly apparent once everyone tasted it. Every course was cooked to perfection, beautifully presented and mouth wateringly good.
The high standard of organization and efficient service from the staff ensured that 43 people who chose different items from the menu, on the night, ate each course together, HOT.

It is a family run business with a small team of staff that could teach quite a few of the restaurants we have been to over the years a thing or two! Everyone who joined us that evening was of the same opinion.

We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.
43 people can’t be wrong!

On behalf of our Mum and Dad and all the guests that attended the golden wedding celebrations. I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to every member of staff involved for making our special occasion PERFECT.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank chilliart
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

We arrived the night before our friends wedding and had a very warm welcome. Our room, which had been recently refurbished, was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Our evening meal was deliciously fresh and very tasty ( including the vegetarian option!) make sure you leave room for the desserts - all homemade and almost impossible to choose just the one!
The wedding was a complete success. The food and service could not be beaten! There is a romantic gazebo on one of the lawns , ideal for sipping champagne whilst watching the sunset. If you are looking for a little tranquility, there is also a lovely sheltered pond area.
I would definately recommend this family run hotel for all future brides and grooms......

Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

We have travelled all over Greta Britian and now we would recommend a wonderful stay to any travellers seeking a quiet and first class location set in the North of Wales just minutes from Chester and all the sites,Liverpool etc. We had a terrific stay, wonderful food, we ate there all the time, enjoyed a wedding hosted at Plas Ifan for 200. All meals prepared by the hotel, clean, quiet and well managed location. Plas ifan hosts 5 rooms, local to all the sites from Ireland, Caenarvon Chester and the sites and sounds of rural splendor. We hiked Mau Vamae, Loggerheads, Trundled thru Chester a beautiful 14th century walled city and the true capital of Tudor architecture, all thanks the the staff who have lived there for many years and informed us of the local sites, Ewloe castle ruins, tours to Liverpool, and especially the Moutains of Snowdonia. WE can't wait to return.
Cheers.
Michaeland Heather Canada

WALES ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2009

We went to a friends wedding in july the food was excellent very tasty and well presented.Nothing was to much trouble the waiters and other staff were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel for a wedding ,the setting is beautiful as are the gardens.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
north wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

my friends and I went here yesterday for a BBQ. the menu states "choice of food" but we were not given a choice. we were given 3 meat portions of their choice. also we were charged for 10 people even though they were told in advance that there would only be 8 of us, and argued with us that their policy was a min of 10 people but it doesn't say this anywhere on the web site or the menus that they gave us. very disappointed and misleading would not go back again...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Flintshire, North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2008

We had our wedding reception and evening celebration here in July 2008. The staff at the hotel were very accommodating and they provided us with a fabulous venue for the day.
It was very relaxed and the children had great fun in the garden. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - the service was professional and the food was lovely.

We stayed the night in the four poster room which had missed out on the recent refurbishment which the other rooms had apparently received and although it did need updating it was still clean and comfortable.

Our experience of the Plas Ifan was very positive and if I had to organise my wedding again, I would definitely have it here.

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northop Hall
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Soughton Hall Hotel
Soughton Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Northop
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Village Hotel Chester St David's
Mountain Park Hotel
Mountain Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Flint
Beaufort Park Hotel

Been to Plas Ifan Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!