“Fabulous week at tyn y mur!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abersoch
Tyn-Y-Mur Touring and Camping
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous week at tyn y mur!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

What can I say about this site.... It's fabulous. It's our third visit to tyn y mur, jackie and kenny are helpful, friendly lovely people. The site is kept beautifully. The grass is kept short and the grass cuttings are not left on the ground. (Pet hate getting to a site and they cut grass and leave it, messy tent and carpet being taken out daily). Thankfully this doesn't happen at tyn y mur.

The shower block is extremely clean, the cleaning lady is in there all afternoon every day. There is a single plug in the shower area with the sinks and mirrors, then there are a further 4 plugs with 3 mirrors around the corner. People use these for charging phones iPads etc aswell as using hair dryers. We have never had to queue or wait for a plug there. As for the showers I'm not small and I have no issues with the size of the cubicle. My clothes and bag hang on the back of the door, the curtain has never let water thru and my clothes have always stayed dry. I change in the shower cubicle before and after with no issues.

We absolutely love this site, our 3 children aged 2,3 and 12 all have fun there. The football pitch is good as I've stayed at other sites where there no areas for the kids. Tyn y mur is very child friendly.

All in all a great week and can't wait to book for next year.. Thanks guys for a wonderful week despite the weather.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The campsite has a lovely view and is not too far from abersoch centre. It can easily be walked to from the location. The people running the campsite are very helpful and accommodating and the campsite has a generally friendly atmosphere. Would come again, just let down by poor weather!

• Stayed August 2014
Glossop
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Facilities clean and more than adequate and very well maintained.
Site is a little exposed being on a hill, so can be a little windy.
Good views and close to town, a reasonable walk or short drive.
The pitching is a little confusing. I'm English, so naturally, I like to understand my boundaries, but it seems to be a bit of a free for all on where to pitch up, but it was fine.
Views very nice.
Costs are a little high. I expect to pay for a pitch, but there is a charge per tent. We did not understand this prior, but our mistake. We had to pay extra for a small tent on the same pitch, which all things considered, made the site more expensive than I would have thought it was worth.
There are a lot of signs and notices, making it a little school-like.
Odd rules about keeping tents 12 feet apart, yet on return one day, had tents pitched practically on top of us, so rules not consistent. Felt very crammed in towards the end, with very noisy people in the mornings.
Due to lack of pitch boundaries, means people are practically on top of one another, and kids likely playing ball next to your head whilst you sleep. I wouldn't say this should put anyone off, but I think it is something worth consideration for the owners as I think it would make the site a lot better, but this is just my opinion.
Staff and owner, generally polite and helpful.
One member of staff, not so. Very aggressive. I don't often use the word 'vile', but in this case, I would say it was appropriate. I think in a customer service role, if the first sentence out of your mouth to customer is "are you stupid?", and you can do nothing but shout and point, you should perhaps consider a career change.
Perhaps we caught a bad day, so good luck to anyone else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank DGL125
Harold R, Manager at Tyn-Y-Mur Touring and Camping, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
can you please call 01758 712328 so the matter can be dealt with by management, thank you
manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

A lovely place to stay, very family orientated. Staff/owners we very very nice and welcoming. Kind and accommodating with me being 6 months pregnant was given a key to my own bathroom! Weather was lovely til the storm and had to leave 2days early as our tent collapsed was gutted! Owners then gave us a credit note for next time we wanted to go which was very generous and kind. Butty van was great quality food and not too expensive! Pubs shops and bars and beaches near by great location. All in all a great trip and will be going back again fantastic owners! :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed on this site. Once again it was a great stay. The facilities are well maintained, the site is safe for the kids to play, mostly on the playground or in the football field, and importantly the site is very quiet after 11pm. Would recommend this site, and will be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not impressed with being crammed in so close to other tents and caravans,. Noisy, late night drinkers. Left early due to the above and because of children running around and through our so called pitch. After staying at such a peaceful site at Bron Derw Llanrwst,this was such a contrast and disappointing experience.Avoid if you want to a place to relax.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob R
Harold R, Manager at Tyn-Y-Mur Touring and Camping, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
we are so sorry you were disappointed with your stay. If you would like to come back after the very busy school holidays, I will re instate the day you left early.
Saddleworth
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was the second time we have stayed here, this time we had a pitch with electric hook up and tap. The facilities are spotlessly clean and contrary to a previous review the 11pm curfew was respected by everybody making it very family friendly. Safe for children to play and a lovely dog walk down into the valley. The food van Flip Flops was really convenient providing great breakfasts and tea time snacks. We are hoping to stay again next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nickypark1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abersoch
Hotel Portmeirion
The Castle / Y Castell Pwllheli
The Ship Hotel
The Ship Hotel
#1 of 3 in Aberdaron

Been to Tyn-Y-Mur Touring and Camping? Share your experiences!