“Best breakfast & excellent value made to feel welcome .”
Review of Coleen's

Coleen's
Ranked #29 of 43 Restaurants in Abersoch
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have had our breakfast at Coleen's twice & I have to say it's the Best That we have found in this area ,we have yet to try their fish & Chips .

1  Thank holidaysCheshire
There are newer reviews for Coleen's

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We Are a family staying on the pen-y-berth caravan site, The café is the place to eat. This winter has just seen an almost complete refurbishment of the café a few more fine details to finish of part the bar was done last year, the welcome from Col/in and Ei/leen hence Colleens is fantastic they run in tandem the site shop which is very handy if you ever need stuff from the shop when its closed just see Colin and he will get it for you they start in the shop at 8 and the café is open around the same time for breakfast then stays open right through till late 9 or 10 at night.

the food is always fresh and very large portions Eileen's motto is if its not on the menu but has got the ingredients she will make it if she has time all meals can be supplied as a carry out I have even taken my plate up to get a Sunday lunch to take back to van ;-)

they also hold a charity night each year last years was for the welsh air ambulance and raised £556 on the night

I have eaten there three times this week already

4  Thank paul-ontour
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Colleens is situated on pen-y-berth caravan site , where the driving range is at Llyn golf,on the road between pwhelli & abersoch. I have added Colleens as a place but I couldn't list in Pwhelli for some reason that's why it's down as in Abersoch..!
I do hope that description helps you find this little gem! The food here is outstanding. All home cooked. Colleens is a family run show & Colin the propioter is a lovely brummy who goes out of his way to oblige. If they don't have a particular item you'd like all you have to do is let him know & the next time you're there he'll have it! Not only that he'll remember it's for you! Genuine touches like that really impress me & is what sets colleens apart.
...The Food...
So far I've had the fish & chips...WOW...if you don't eat anything again, have Colleens fish & chips! Really! The fish is bigger than the plate, home cooked chips, mushy peas... Absolutely gorgeous. I know quite a few people who had this dish & have only ever heard positives.
The Ham Hock which I've also had is beautifully cooked, mahousive!! Yes I mean huge!! & as WOW as the fish .
They're the dishes I've actually had & you'll have to go see if you agree! When I've dinned there with others they've had other different meals including pizza & curry, everyone has always commented on the food & how delicious it is.
..the venue..
Situated on the caravan site, which is lovely they obviously get kids about...don't let this put you off!! I'm not a kid fan so I do want to stress that on the site itself the kids are well behaved & respect the surroundings. In the small courtyard outside Colleens are those baby mechanical rides x2 which I can't stand! Howeverr I've never seen them used!
Inside the main seating area the lighting could be improved, it's a bit fluorescent ..which is never kind!! In the corner there are a couple of older kids games a bit similar to pinball..definitely not a favourite of mine!
On certain evenings Colin has a dico which can turn into karaoke if there is the want! & there is a pool table.. If the older kids are playing Colin will always ensure they are out of the bar area at the appropriate time!
I've eaten in 5 star restaurants, Michelin stared restaurants & all sorts inbetween! Pool tables, pinball & karaoke shouldn't even be put into the same sentence never mind an establishment...so why would I go back again & again & again to Colleens!..simple the food is delicious, the welcome is friendly, & what I have failed to mention is the price.. Very reasonable ..I recently treated my parents & a few friends there were 9 of us & the food..everyone had mains including some drinks was £100.
Colin only started this restaurant/bar last year & obviously has some bits to tweak but on the whole he's doing an amazing job with his family & so long as you turn up not expecting the fat duck or the ritz you won't be disappointed!...enjoy

4  Thank Smileanderic