“Very rude, never say thank you, horrible food”
Review of Golden Cod

Golden Cod
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Bontnewydd
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Visited last weekend, no salad left at 6pm, to have with my kebab, fish was terrible, and customer service is the worst I have ever seen, they don't even say thank you, terrible

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Called in for any order for five people expecting a chinese ( no idea why I expected it but anyways) and found it was a basic chippy one side and a Indian / kebab / pizza place the other. The women serving us was very helpful as was the guy too and between them they got us sort of what we wanted so we got home and really enjoyed our food :)
The only negative was a young member of the team thought it was ok to have her cigarette break outside the shop on one of the benches! not great to be honest but apart from that a good wholesome chippy.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Have reviewed this before, decided to give it a second chance but it hasn't improved so wont be going again. Although the food was edible it was obvious by tasting it that it wasn't freshly cooked and had probably been sitting around for a while.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Called in for a quick meal of fish and chips. The fish n chips looked ok but the chips tasted reheated. The batter was greasy and horrible. The fish inside was soggy and tasted as if it had been re-frozen a few times. The staff were miserable and hardly spoke English. I noticed the was no food hygiene rating displayed and on phoning the council I was told it was only a 3. I threw my food in the bin. Advice..keep driving!

2  Thank torquil_kiloran
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Nice fish & chips - not keen on the staff. Might go there again, if I'm desperate for food. Otherwise, no.