All the previous reviews are entirely correct: here you will find peace and quiet, relaxation, privacy, wonderful food and great comfort. From the moment you turn into the long, meandering drive, you become immediately removed from the stresses and strains of life outside, and the relaxed mood remains.
This country house is very well placed for the delights of Snowdonia, of Anglesey and of the more southerly area, such as Porthmadog and Portmeirion. All these places can be reached very swiftly. But if you do not want to venture out there is plenty to enjoy in Plas Dinas: the huge, sprawling garden, the variety of books, magazines, iPod films in the rooms, not to mention the supremely comfortable sofas and log-fire in the drawing room.
Plas Dinas appears to be run like clockwork, and it was a delightful discovery for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful things fill Lord Snowdon’s historic family home, Marco's cooking hits the spot and the ten, en-suite bedrooms offer wifi and luxurious Molton Brown amenities.This is the family home of Lord Snowdon. It dates to the 1600s and stands in 15 acres with an avenue of oak that sweeps you up to the house. Princess Margaret stayed often and much of what fills the house belongs to the family: stunning chandeliers, oils by the score, gilt-framed mirrors – an Aladdin's cave of beautiful things. There's a baby grand piano in the drawing room, where you find smart wood floors, an honesty bar and a fire that roars, but potter about the house and find masses of memorabilia framed on the walls (make sure you visit the private dining room). Bedrooms are quite something, the past mixing gracefully with modern design. Nothing is left to chance, a constant programme of refurbishment sees to that. You get four-posters, classic colours, sumptuous fabrics, a sofa if there's room. Bathrooms are excellent, some with showers, others with free-standing baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plas Dinas Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel Bontnewydd
- Plas Dinas Country House Bontnewydd, North Wales