We stayed overnight for Valentines night and had a really lovely, warm and friendly welcome from new owners Neil and Marco. We were delayed by stormy weather and were extremely happy with their approach to meal time - it was very much flexible around us giving us time to unpack, refresh and enjoy a G&T by the roaring fire prior to moving into the dining room. Having stayed several times before when Andy and Julian were in residence, it was great to see that the house had its usual beautiful, relaxed homely feel, the meal was excellent (with good wines), the room was lovely (we were upgraded!), and the usual thoughtful touches such as a jar of home-made biscuits, Welsh chocolates, and good quality toiletries in the room really do give it that special feel. We are looking forward to visiting again sometime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful things fill Lord Snowdon’s historic family home, Marco's cooking hits the spot and the ten, en-suite bedrooms offer wifi and luxurious Molton Brown amenities.This is the family home of Lord Snowdon. It dates to the 1600s and stands in 15 acres with an avenue of oak that sweeps you up to the house. Princess Margaret stayed often and much of what fills the house belongs to the family: stunning chandeliers, oils by the score, gilt-framed mirrors – an Aladdin's cave of beautiful things. There's a baby grand piano in the drawing room, where you find smart wood floors, an honesty bar and a fire that roars, but potter about the house and find masses of memorabilia framed on the walls (make sure you visit the private dining room). Bedrooms are quite something, the past mixing gracefully with modern design. Nothing is left to chance, a constant programme of refurbishment sees to that. You get four-posters, classic colours, sumptuous fabrics, a sofa if there's room. Bathrooms are excellent, some with showers, others with free-standing baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plas Dinas Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel Bontnewydd
- Plas Dinas Country House Bontnewydd, North Wales