The problem I find with reading other people's great reviews is that my own expectations can at times become unrealistically high often leading to disappointment. Not so with Plas Dinas! I had read an abundance of rave reviews and was blown away with the accuracy of each of them.
The owners could not be more attentive (but not in an overly superficial way) whilst the accommodation itself is all you would expect from a Country House of its status. Immaculately clean, luxurious extras and food is prepared, presented and served to a standard you would hope to enjoy at the very finest of restaurants.
I have to mention the bed! Wow! Comfortable beyond belief. So much so I've returned home from a 2 night stay and ordered a new one, I only hope it turns out to be even nearly as fabulous as the one in the Princess Margaret Suite.
In conclusion, highly recommended. In fact we are already planning a future return visit with a view to hiring the Lodge with our dogs. Thank you to a great team for making our stay a refreshingly relaxing one and we look forward to returning soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful things fill Lord Snowdon’s historic family home, Marco's cooking hits the spot and the ten, en-suite bedrooms offer wifi and luxurious Molton Brown amenities.This is the family home of Lord Snowdon. It dates to the 1600s and stands in 15 acres with an avenue of oak that sweeps you up to the house. Princess Margaret stayed often and much of what fills the house belongs to the family: stunning chandeliers, oils by the score, gilt-framed mirrors – an Aladdin's cave of beautiful things. There's a baby grand piano in the drawing room, where you find smart wood floors, an honesty bar and a fire that roars, but potter about the house and find masses of memorabilia framed on the walls (make sure you visit the private dining room). Bedrooms are quite something, the past mixing gracefully with modern design. Nothing is left to chance, a constant programme of refurbishment sees to that. You get four-posters, classic colours, sumptuous fabrics, a sofa if there's room. Bathrooms are excellent, some with showers, others with free-standing baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Plas Dinas Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel Bontnewydd
- Plas Dinas Country House Bontnewydd, North Wales