Ray & Jane Soper Staffordshire
We spent a VERY relaxing and pleasant time at Plas Dinas in May this year. The grounds are well laid out and great for walking and appreciating the fantastic scenery.
The house is full of history notably about the Armstrong-Jones family who are not only related to royalty but played a part in organising the wedding of Prince William and Kake Middleton but also the Beckhams!
We were welcomed by Neil and Marco, their family and their well behaved dogs. The mood of our stay was very informal and the evening meal (you have to book) was comparable with any smart restaurant.
Our room was very clean with excellent facilities including some locally made chocolates and information about the house and the local area.
The quiet location ensured we slept well and the full Welsh breakfast (Lighter options are available) set us up to the day.
Altogether an excellent place to stay and explore the area. We shall be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful things fill Lord Snowdon’s historic family home, Marco's cooking hits the spot and the ten, en-suite bedrooms offer wifi and luxurious Molton Brown amenities.This is the family home of Lord Snowdon. It dates to the 1600s and stands in 15 acres with an avenue of oak that sweeps you up to the house. Princess Margaret stayed often and much of what fills the house belongs to the family: stunning chandeliers, oils by the score, gilt-framed mirrors – an Aladdin's cave of beautiful things. There's a baby grand piano in the drawing room, where you find smart wood floors, an honesty bar and a fire that roars, but potter about the house and find masses of memorabilia framed on the walls (make sure you visit the private dining room). Bedrooms are quite something, the past mixing gracefully with modern design. Nothing is left to chance, a constant programme of refurbishment sees to that. You get four-posters, classic colours, sumptuous fabrics, a sofa if there's room. Bathrooms are excellent, some with showers, others with free-standing baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plas Dinas Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel Bontnewydd
- Plas Dinas Country House Bontnewydd, North Wales