I was looking for somewhere special to propose to my partner and decided to book a night here after reading the positive TripAdvisor reviews - we were not disappointed!
Upon arrival, we were given a brief overview of the history of the house and shown to our room.
We stayed in The Mount room. The Super King bed was so comfortable and the "rainfall" shower was a great way to refresh. The complimentary chocolates were gorgeous and the Molton Brown toiletries smelt great.
After dropping off our bags we were offered a complimentary cup of tea and a piece of fruit cake in the Drawing Room - very much appreciated after a 3 hour scenic drive!
I had been in contact with Neil (one of the owners) via e-mail in the weeks before our arrival, to tell him of my plans to propose to my partner during our stay. He replied swiftly saying he would arrange a bottle of champagne for the special moment.
As we stayed on a Monday night we were unfortunately unable to sample the evening meal (only available Tuesday to Saturday), so had to make do with a meal in Caernarfon town. After returning back to Plas Dinas, I popped the question in the gardens and sure enough, champagne on ice was waiting on a picnic table overlooking the Menai Strait/Irish Sea. A great spot to watch the sunset!
Our full Welsh breakfast on the Tuesday morning was amazing. Bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomatoes on the vine, mushroom and an egg (cooked how you want) and a great choice of tea, coffee and fruit juices.
Before checking out, we took the opportunity to walk around the gardens again, taking photos of the beautiful surroundings. Plas Dinas is in such a peaceful location and everything is so well kept and presentable.
A perfect stay for a special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful things fill Lord Snowdon’s historic family home, Marco's cooking hits the spot and the ten, en-suite bedrooms offer wifi and luxurious Molton Brown amenities.This is the family home of Lord Snowdon. It dates to the 1600s and stands in 15 acres with an avenue of oak that sweeps you up to the house. Princess Margaret stayed often and much of what fills the house belongs to the family: stunning chandeliers, oils by the score, gilt-framed mirrors – an Aladdin's cave of beautiful things. There's a baby grand piano in the drawing room, where you find smart wood floors, an honesty bar and a fire that roars, but potter about the house and find masses of memorabilia framed on the walls (make sure you visit the private dining room). Bedrooms are quite something, the past mixing gracefully with modern design. Nothing is left to chance, a constant programme of refurbishment sees to that. You get four-posters, classic colours, sumptuous fabrics, a sofa if there's room. Bathrooms are excellent, some with showers, others with free-standing baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plas Dinas Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel Bontnewydd
- Plas Dinas Country House Bontnewydd, North Wales