We stayed here for four nights last week
impressed by the favourable reviews.If
anything they do not do it justice.This is an
incredible place steeped in history.It's website
actually does not do it justice.
We stayed in the South room which had been recently
been decorated and it was immaculate.Large selection
of beverages,welcoming chocolates & Moulton Brown
toiletries.Lovely old cast iron fireplace & huge bed.Mattress
was too soft for me which is the only thing I can think of to criticise.
The welcoming folder is very comprenhesive and includes a
leaflet of places to eat out in Caernarfon if you don't want to
sample the hotel's fixed dining menu.We tried three of Neil &
Marco's recomendations and their observations were spot on.
The decor and cleanliess of the hotel is also superb.The drawing
room has endless supplies of magazines & intresting books.It's a
nice space to spend time in if the famous Snowdenia weather closes
in.Neil & Marco serve complementry coffee & cake every afternoon
& there is also a free mini bar available in the evening,a nice touch.
Breakfast was good,everything freshly cooked.(the bacon on Tuesday was amaizing)
Dining in the evening needed to booked in advance and was a little formal for our
Gardens are lovely & the sunsets from "the mound" are beautifull
Wi Fi in every part was excellent.
Make sure you ask Neil to show you the old gun room which is not normally open.
To paraphrase Arnie "We'll Be Back"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful things fill Lord Snowdon’s historic family home, Marco's cooking hits the spot and the ten, en-suite bedrooms offer wifi and luxurious Molton Brown amenities.This is the family home of Lord Snowdon. It dates to the 1600s and stands in 15 acres with an avenue of oak that sweeps you up to the house. Princess Margaret stayed often and much of what fills the house belongs to the family: stunning chandeliers, oils by the score, gilt-framed mirrors – an Aladdin's cave of beautiful things. There's a baby grand piano in the drawing room, where you find smart wood floors, an honesty bar and a fire that roars, but potter about the house and find masses of memorabilia framed on the walls (make sure you visit the private dining room). Bedrooms are quite something, the past mixing gracefully with modern design. Nothing is left to chance, a constant programme of refurbishment sees to that. You get four-posters, classic colours, sumptuous fabrics, a sofa if there's room. Bathrooms are excellent, some with showers, others with free-standing baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Plas Dinas Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Dinas Country House Hotel Bontnewydd
- Plas Dinas Country House Bontnewydd, North Wales