“Superb hotel, superb location, supberb service.”
Review of Marine Hotel

Marine Hotel
Ranked #15 of 21 Criccieth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2009

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in September and absolutely loved it. The location is absolutely spot on, we had room 18 with an amazing view of the castle and the sea to the right of us. The room was spacious, there was a plentiful supply of tea/coffee making facilities and the bed was incredibly comfortable which is rare in a hotel. The breakfast was spot on with good service and the owners of this hotel are incredibly friendly and made us feel very welcome, so much so in fact, that we are returning at the end of this month. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 September 2009

Weve just come back from staying at this lovely hotel, myself, husband,teenage daughter and 5 year old. I booked this hotel for the weekend as a birthday present for my husband i have to say the staff are lovely, very friendly and could not do enough for us. The hotel is comfortable,cosy and clean, bedrooms are spacious with tea/coffee making facilities with free refills, also lovely comfy beds.We enjoyed having a relaxing drink in the bar during the evenings and the hotel has a separate pool room. Fabulous sea views from lounge and conservatory.Breakfast was lovely everything piping hot, really enjoyable. We had a lovely stay so thankyou to all the staff who made us feel very welcome and hopefully see you all again soon, I would certainly recommend this hotel. Criccieth is a great place to stay !!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2009

After reading some of the reviews of this hotel we approached our stay with some trepidation as we had booked for two nights. However the greeting from the owners who have only recently taken over the hotel, was warm and friendly and although the decor is somewhat dated (caught in a 1980's timewarp) it was clean and tidy. We saw no sign of the threadbare carpets described by another reviewer. We had a good view from our window, the 'rock' mentioned was actually Criccieth Castle, beautifully floodlit at night and with the sea to one side. Our room was not luxurious but it was clean and the bed was comfortable and there was a plentiful supply of tea,coffee and toiletries. The residents lounge was comfortable with a lovely sea view, the bar cosy and the dining room was bright and cheerful. We ate in the hotel both nights of our stay, the menu was varied , service good and the food well cooked. and delicious.The full English breakfaast was good. We would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Imametrologist
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Stayed for 1 night in Room 4. Plank of wood holding the bed in the middle, very uncomfortable. Shower Room was very clean but nowhere to hang towels and toilerties - needs hooks behind doors. Did have sea view but would have to have a very long neck to see it. The bedroom was facing a very large rock face. The Hotel needs a good makeover but we could see the owners doing their very best to keep their customers happy with what they got, they were very pleasant. Full cooked breakfast was poor. Will visit the Marine Hotel again once it has had a makeover as it is in a lovely location by the Castle. Wanted to stay a few more nights but for the money it was a bit too expensive, will stay in the Travelodge next time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lwnsibwns
Reviewed 12 August 2009

My partner and I have just returned from a trip to Criccieth, and we stayed at the Marine hotel. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome and the friendly owners couldn't do enough for us. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean with all of the facilities that you'd need. The hotel has some splendid sea and castle views and our room had a beautiful view with its own little sitting area where we could sit back in the bay window and enjoy the views. Breakfast was delicious with quite a selection to choose from, and certainly more than enough to set us up for the day. The only slight downside is that the hotel is a little date with its interior decoration, but other than that, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to friends and family.
Thanks very much and looking forward to staying again soon.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I was disappointed in this hotel. when we were 1st shown to the room, my heart sank as I got towards the top of the hotel and I saw the state of the walls and the carpets which looked like they hadnt been cleaned in a month. The paint and the plaster was peeling off the walls.
At 1st I thought the room didn't look too bad, but when I came to draw the curtains that evening, it was like tryin to draw a small skirt with the hem hanging down and the heading falling apart. Haven't they heard of heading tape and gathered headings ! They were as thin as gauze, and didnt stop any light at all from coming in.
On the plus side, the Breakfasts were fine and the beds were comfy.
The shower didn't leave much room for entering and the water pressure was poor.
On the whole I thought £99 per night (for room no.18 which slept 4 people) was over-priced for the standard of the accommodation.
Such a shame - this hotel has a great position and such potential.
i loved Criccieth, but would look for another guest house next time we go there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank boysteve
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Me, my husband and my 2 year old Golden retriever stayed here for one night, mainly because they were dog friendly and we wanted a day at the beach. I have to say the management and staff could not be nicer. We booked at almost midnight the evening before, arrived the following day to be told they upgraded us a no extra cost to a suite, ok it was a little tired, but very comfortable. We were truly grateful of this as Zack our dog is really quite big. We had a lounge area, a seperate bathroom with a shower and a bedroom. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. We also had tea & coffee making facilities which re-fills were free, a TV, plus radio alarm in the bedroom. It was room 4. We over looked Criccieth Castle which was a nice sight at nigt as it was lit up, and to the right hand side was the sea.

When I say they were "Dog Friendly" they really couldn't do enough for us... They welcomed Zack with no problems, infact he seemed to be the star attraction. We could take him in the bar, meals were not a problem either as they set a table for us in the front sunlounge to enable Zack to accompany us for evening meal and breakfast. Incidently the two meals we had were fresh, well cooked and presented nicely and very reasonably priced for a hotel.

We paid £71.00 for the room foer one night, and £5.00 for Zack, Had we had a normal room I would have felt this was a little expensive, but can't grumble for getting a suite at the same price.

We would certianly return for a weekend break, overall a very friendly hotel in a nice location with great staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaka17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Criccieth
Caerwylan Hotel
#4 of 6 in Criccieth
Hotel Portmeirion
Hotel Portmeirion
#1 of 1 in Penrhyndeudraeth

Been to Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!