“Ideal location with lovely people”
Review of Seaspray

Seaspray
Seaspray
Ranked #11 of 20 Criccieth B&B and Inns
“Ideal location with lovely people”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

We arrived at Seaspray, met by Manya and Mike who introduced themselves and Manya showed us to our room. The room was stunning with a wonderful view of the sea. Mike and Manya gave us directions to where to eat and places to visit, they were very helpful. Breakfast was amazing, the best we have ever had. Mike and Manya made us feel very welcome. We loved our stay, we didn't want to leave and Will definately be going back. We got to see the dolphins swimming in the bay as well right outside the guesthouse. We have stayed in a few b and bs and have found Mike and Manya to be by far the most welcoming, helpfull and friendly hosts. On leaving, they shook our hands and thanked us for staying with them. No where else has done this. We definately recommend this b and b to anyone visiting Criccieth. Thank you for a lovely stay. Mr and Mrs Simon.

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Wow, absolutely brill hosts, Manya and Mike made us feel so welcome, the sea view room was excellent, and the breakfasts were one of the best we ever had. They also advised us where to go and recommended places to eat, which were as good as they said. We will definitely stay again. Try it out, we promise you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret T
Southampton
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I arrived at 'Seaspray' on a sunny Sunday afternoon in July, but was relieved to see that there were plenty of spaces for parking, despite lots of people enjoying the beach and wonderful view. The owner, Mike extended a very warm welcome, showing me to my room and advising me of all the usual things such as the time that breakfast is served etc etc. Even though, I was on my own, my room, Room 2, had a double plus twin beds, as well as two armchairs looking out to sea through the huge window. I also put the adjacent tv on to keep a check on the final round of the Open Golf.
In the room, there was one of the best and most useful information folders I've ever come across, crammed full of information, including details an menus of local eateries, and timetables for all the buses and railways in the area, as well as info on local tourist attractions and activities, including the wonderful Criccieth Castle rearing up almost adjacent to the hotel.
The next morning, Mike cooked me and the one other guest a delicious breakfast, with all my favourite ingredients, i.e. poached egg, bacon, fried bread and baked beans, ( also tomatoes and mushrooms available).
I left feeling happy, rested and replete, and all this for only £45 for a night;s B&B ! I didn't get to meet Mike's wife, as she was away until the next day, but from reading the reviews on here, I'm sure that she's a really friendly and kind host too.
Thank you so much for a lovely stay -I'll be back before too long, hopefully !

Room Tip: Room 2 is huge, with a great sea-view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Another fantastice stay. Manya and Mike could not have been more helpful and welcoming. We love Seaspay so much that this stay was in fact our honeymoon; we wouldn't dream of spending it anywhere else. Thank you both for making this holiday very special. It was a real treat seeing the dolphins in the bay on several ocassions and also being entertained by the seal for an evening. If anyone reading this wants a B&B with great hosts, lovely breakfasts, a perfect location and somewhere to escape and relax then this is the place. Book with no hesitation!!!!

Room Tip: All superb! We have had the pleasure of staying in them all on many, many ocassions.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carolgunn
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Manya and Mike really looked after us during our first stay here at this special guesthouse. The room, with direct sea view, was immaculate, what you might expect from an expensive hotel, and the breakfast cooked to perfection. Good value too: stay here!

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My boyfriend and I were very fortunate to find this hidden gem in such a beautiful location! From the outset our hosts Mike and Manya were accommodating and friendly and we loved the homely feel of Seaspray. Our seaview room allowed us to fall asleep and wake up to the gentle lapping of the waves. It was glorious to open the curtains in the morning and see the sun flooding into the room, and see the sparkling waves and the interesting ruins of Cricceith Castle. Also, Mike introduced us to a wonderful place called Beddgelert which we explored after a sumptuous home-cooked breakfast (with the most lovely locally-sourced bacon).

By the end of our break I felt so relaxed and comfortable I didn’t want to leave Seaspray to come back to London, we will definitely be back and for a much longer stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FrancineFrancois
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My husband and I found the Seaspray B & B to have comfortable rooms, spectacular views, and unparrelled service! Mike and Manya were extremely knowledgeable and happily helped us find what we were looking for during our holiday (nice walks, places to eat, travel routes, etc). This was just the beginning of their hospitality.......

Unfortunately, we had an emergency while we were staying at the Seaspray. In what could only be called a distressing situation, Mike and Manya went "above and beyond" to help us - exceeding any reasonable expectation that a guest could have of a host.

In short, our experience at he Seaspray was a very positive one. If we ever make it back to Wales, we will certainly stay there again. As for our hosts, their kindness and generosity will never be forgotten.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Criccieth
Glyn-y-Coed Hotel
#3 of 20 in Criccieth
The Abereistedd
The Abereistedd
#10 of 20 in Criccieth

Been to Seaspray? Share your experiences!