“Nice enough, lovely views”

The Blue China Tea Rooms
Ranked #3 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Criccieth
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stopped here for a coffee and cake to soak up the views. It was a nice cafe with a veranda set high off the street so you could look out and see the beach. The staff were pleasant seating was a little uncomfy on the plastic chairs but it was what is was. The Coffee was good not bitter like some places make and the cakes were nicely made and moist not dried out.
Inside the cafe was pretty standard so if your going here try outside other wise prices are what you would pay elsewhere . Nice and yes I would use the cafe again.

There are newer reviews for The Blue China Tea Rooms

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Unfortunately only stopped for morning coffee but this is an excellent café and we really wished we were having lunch there. Very envious of what neighbouring tables were having and scones and cakes were huge!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was comfortable and clean. Takes dogs if you sit outside. The service was pleasant and cheerful, and the food good value. Wide selection on the menu from sandwiches to a roast dinner.

Manager_8593, Owner at The Blue China Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

thank you for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visited on bank holiday Monday and found the service and food excellent real tea and an egg mayo sandwich that was worth the price paid. As for the view stunning!

Manager_8593, Owner at The Blue China Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we do our best to please our customers and it seems in this case we succeeded.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife called at the China Blue today put an order in for fish and chips and drinks.
After a long wait and some customer kept saying they were x staff they were served there food along with 3 other tables .
It was time to leave no food no drinks really bad service can't say weather food was good or bad just didn't get any!

3  Thank steve b

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. I really don't know what went wrong, however if you had spoken to me or one of my staff I am sure we could have sorted it out. I note that you are local so if you would like to pop in again and make yourself known to me I will ensure that you are well treated and we can make sure you enjoy our food.