“We had a great wedding day”

Bron Eifion Country House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Criccieth
gwynedd
“We had a great wedding day”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Just attended a wedding at the weekend - and although I am based in North Wales, I am ashamed to say I had never visited Bron Eifion. What a shame! This is a stunning place to get married and the food was absolutely gorgeous. The "trio of desserts" OMG I could have eaten my boyfriend's pudding as well!

The room for the ceremony and reception is beautiful and classy and the food in the evening was really good,too - even served by the chefs themselves ..- We had a great time and I will be going back again - just to try the food again!!

Did'nt stay overnight so I can't comment on the bedrooms

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Malta
Reviewed 28 July 2011

First time I have been in this hotel and all I can say is WOW.

I chose this hotel over the competition and don’t regret it.

The hotel is first class and immaculately kept. The grounds and vistas are breathtaking.
The interiors immaculately kept and attention to detail is fantastic. One has to really see the interiors to appreciate. The room was clean and well decorated.

The manager (Marie) and staff are really friendly and welcoming, and really went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Food is fantastic my compliments go to the chef and the excellent service that all the staff provided.

And after a fantastic dinner there is nothing more relaxing than to sit in front of the log fire sipping wine.

My only complaint……….my stay wasn’t long enough but am already planning my next stay. Can’t wait!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Aaron B
Macclesfield, England
Reviewed 7 July 2011

. . . with lots of character - even down to the squeaky floor boards!
Perfect location for touring North Wales and for local golf courses.
Breakfasts are brill and served to your table.
We didn't use the restaurant for evening meals.
Rooms are limited for space - could do with more drawer space.
Staff are all pleasant and willing to help and advise.
Gents beware, the toilet seat in our room didn't stay upright!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Really,really nice hotel. Stopped in for lunch and ended up staying for 3 nights. The food was excellent , as was the room and its fantastic huge bed. Without doubt this was the most relaxing part of our trip. The fittings are ornate and in good taste with the original house and you can see that time has been spent on each area of the hotel to provide an overall feel of luxury . The lounge area has a stunning minstrels gallery which is really unique to to any hotel that I've stayed in. We ate in the restaurant on 2 of the evenings we stayed and were hugely impressed with the actual diversity and overall quality on show for a country house hotel. As we checked out the staff were setting up the hotel up for a wedding reception that evening in the Garden Room .....the manageress kindly allowed me to have a sneak peek at the room , which I have to remark , looked outstanding. Full of light from the floor to ceiling windows ,and incredibly spatious, I was reminded of channel 4's Grand Designs and some of the ways people make the best of their homes by being tasteful and innovative .
Overall , I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who has taken the time to read my review. I've told friends and family about it , and hopefully will be able to go back one day so that we can share it with them.......I've even tried to convince my sister to get married there just so I could go back! Fingers crossed.

2 Thank Kmac210707
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We don't recognize this hotel from the unbelievaby gushing reviews we have just read-look back at earlier poor reviews for more accuracy .We asked to reserve the spectacular seaview room we had read about in the 'Fine Hotels' brochure and costing £225 per room per night DBB. Pricey,especially when we arrived to find the room actually ovelooked the car park, with only a very distant view of the sea glimpsed beyond the fields and trees all around the hotel! We made a fuss but were told we were being given a free upgrade and settled in a room overlooking the enormously extended dining room intended to cater for weddings etc and barbed wire surrounding a field of sheep! The front of the hotel is now very different from the brochure photographs (and your photo above) with the much of the terrace garden disappearing under the disproportionately large banqueting room rather like a huge carbuncle on the side of the house! Then I mentioned again the free upgrade, but the same receptionist very casually told me that it was a mistake and it was another guest that was being given the upgrade! This was very annoying but the same high-handed, take-it-or -leave-it attitiude was shown by nearly every member of staff. Room service involved a half- hour wait before a small jug of milk arrived and there were very few guests in the hotel. Language problems with the staff caused confusion about dinner items ordered and there were only a couple of staff in the almost empty diningroom at night so you had to walk some distance to the bar and even shout into the kitchens, if you wanted service!When we asked for help with the time of tides on the LLyn peninsula, the receptionist agreed to look it up on the internet, then said she couldn't ,just as we were going out for the day and we couldn't plan our day. A very distant and unfriendly attitude among staff made us feel uncomfortable. The low water pressure in our shower made it impossible to have a shower, but when you reported it, you knew nothing would be done and it wasn't! It's a gloomy hotel and a depressing experience and we were glad to escape and sorry we were taken in by the brochures and want to warn others.

9 Thank avabolton
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Stayed here recently to attend a friend's wedding. Found out just as leaving for the wedding that the front door is locked for guests at midnight! If you return after that, you'll be sleeping on the steps - they don't have a night porter! As a result, had to leave the wedding early just as the party was getting into full swing! Bear this is mind if using the hotel in future!

4 Thank Blodyntatws66
Harrogate
Reviewed 30 May 2011

This is an excellent hotel, large comfortable rooms, friendly efficient staff, excellent food.
We have stayed in this hotel now on several occasions and the quality is consistently very high.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a quiet relaxing stay in peaceful surroundings.
Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Criccieth
Caerwylan Hotel
Royal Sportsman Hotel
Royal Sportsman Hotel
#2 of 2 in Porthmadog
Bryn Eglwys Country House Hotel

Been to Bron Eifion Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!