“beautuful”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Criccieth
caernarfon
“beautuful”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Attended a wedding here last summer. What can i say only.... wonderful!! I cant fault this hotel at all.
Food A1 serviceA1 cleanlinessA1 $taff A1
You wont be dissappointed. The location is fantastic! Lovely well kept gardens, great for photographs.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Came for Valentines special evening meal ,room and breakfast . Meal just ok nothing special and would say boring menu. Staff very slow to ask if we wanted drinks etc could be down to poor supervision / training breakfast just ok smoked haddock awfull , full breakfast poor to average the best was the poached eggs on toast . The rooms are large and very comfortable as are the beds ! The lady on reception was very helpfull as was one of our waiters . The choice of beers at the bar isn't very good carling on tap ( not very interesting ) I would recommend this place even though I have made some harsh comments it could be with a few small improvements very good .

• Stayed February 2013
UK
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We were guests at Friends wedding, magical from when we arrived until we departed on Sunday morning.Only decided to stay last minute and were lucky to have a room available considering so many guests were also staying.
Food was excellent and staff very attentive.Bedroom was nicely decorated and spotless. Very relaxed atmosphere around a roaring fire with tasteful christmas decorations everywhere.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank roberts6954
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Went to a friends wedding.what a lovely place.excellent food & staff friendly.Lovely roaring log fires.fantastic place...Would love to return for a weekend break...Lovely gardens & views & only a short drive from criccieth....

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Wonderwall76
Saint Neots, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My husband and I were married at the Bron Eifion in October 2012, and we cannot praise Mary, Marie, and the rest of the Bron Eifion staff enough for making our day truly memorable. Mary runs a tight ship in the planning process, and her detail-oriented approach ensured that everything on the day ran extremely smoothly. Marie and her staff were very attentive, polite, well-presented and professional.

Prior to the ceremony we had visited the Bron and ate Sunday Lunch. That meal did not prepare us for the outstanding quality of the food we had at our wedding. We had so many compliments on the wedding breakfast, including one uncle saying it was the best food he had ever had at any wedding he had been to. My mother-in-law, who normally eats very sparingly, cleared her plate of all three courses.

What a fabulous backdrop for wedding photos. Even if you got bad weather on the day and had to stick to indoor photos, you couldn't go wrong.

You hear horror stories from some couples about everything imaginable going wrong or about having poor food or service, and I am so pleased that I am not counted among that group! My husband and I look back at our wedding as the best day of our lives so far, and the efforts of the staff at the Bron Eifion deserve the credit for that.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mrs_C_1976
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

A beautiful old country house hotel, great hospitality, delicious evening meal and breakfast. Very comfortable bed, excellent staff. The decor is beautiful, wonderful gardens, etc., a real treat to stay in this historic property.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank P L
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Let me be clear from the outset. I did not stay at the Hotel or eat in it's restaurant.
The reason for my negative review is because of their arrogance in dictating to me - the diner - how much I must eat.
We called in at the hotel and were impressed by the appearance of the restaurant and the hotel grounds. We picked up a few sample menus for future reference. We subsequently booked a table for five people on a Tuesday evening.
It was only when we were perusing their A La Carte menu that we noticed the stipulation "minimum of two courses" I and another in our party of five do not have big appetites and struggle to eat more than the main course.
I felt sure they would be flexible over this and accordingly telephoned them. I was informed that the policy is strictly adhered to and each of us would be obliged to eat two courses.
I informed the lady that I did not like to be told how much I should eat and would therefore be cancelling my reservation to which she replied "that's fine"
As it turned out they did us a favour. We re-booked at the Poachers restaurant in Criccieth (just down the road) They had a set menu and an A La Carte menu which you could pick and choose your course or courses from with complete freedom. The food, service and ambience was outstanding. As it turned out everyone in our party had two courses with the exception of me who just had a main course. We had a great evening and paid in the region of £200 to the Poachers. They deserved our custom, Bron Eifion most certainly did not.
I sent Bron Eifion an e-mail saying how dissatisfied I was with their arrogant inflexibility and that clearly they were happy with their policy because they confirmed it to me when I telephoned.
I told them that I would ensure others were made aware of their attitude. They replied simply "thank you". No need to thank me - it is my pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Arthur_Tash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Criccieth
Caerwylan Hotel
Royal Sportsman Hotel
Royal Sportsman Hotel
#2 of 2 in Porthmadog
Bryn Eglwys Country House Hotel

Been to Bron Eifion Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!