“A great way to spend a weekend”

Bron Eifion Country House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Criccieth
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Spent a lovely week at this really nice hotel. Food excellent and great value for money. Lots of choice on the menu and beautifully presented. Good choice of wines and well stocked bar with reasonable prices. Our room was lovely and spacious and very clean. Criccieth beach only five mins in the car and only 15 minutes from Pwllheli. The staff helpful, polite and friendly. Couldn't fault anything.

Room Tip: We chose a family room which was spacious and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank walker1971

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Having spent the first few days camping the welsh rainy weather got the bettr of us and we gave up and began our hunt fr a hotel. This beautiful old mansion house was the third one we tried and at once we decided to book in. Beautiful entrance with probably the warmest welcome we have had in a long time. Shown to our room with the offer of a complimentary drink and porterage service. Food was very very good. Freshly made and not too expensive although we would have gladly paid more for the pure joy of being so well looked after. Nothing was too much trouble. Even all our wet outerwear was dried off for us without fuss or charge. What a real gem and great find - would definitely revisit and recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Coopergirl767
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just back from a week in North Wales and we found this hotel offering a three course top notch meal for just £15. The meal is served in a garden room with views of manicured lawns and the service and food was of excellant quality, we recommend this to all.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank seedeesee
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Arrived late Sunday night wanting a snack. Sandwiches and chips offered. On checking out the sandwiches were priced at £15 each!! and a bowl of Chips £5 rip off. We had a meal in the restaurant that was basically pub food with small portions.The price of this could not be justified.
The hotel and room were fine but take your own food and drink or eat out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank golfsh
M_Welsh_Manager, Manager at Bron Eifion Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Sandwiches are charged at £7.95/ person and chips at £2.95/person and not £15 and £5 as stated in the above review. The amounts shown on the right of the bill is a running total. If you would like a copy of the bill to double check, I will be more than happy to send one through to you.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Just returned from a long weekend away in Wales and just had to leave a review for the hotel we stopped to have Sunday Lunch in!
We were extremely impressed with the whole visit!
We were greeted on arrival by a lady at reception who seated us at a table in a beautiful conservatory room and considering we were not guests of the hotel we were made to feel very welcome!
The food was absolutely fantastic, beautifully presented, piping hot and cooked to perfection - the sirloin beef was melt in the mouth and completely delicious and don't get me started on the desserts! Both my wife and I are foodies at heart and the meal from start to finish was delicious and I couldn't fault it at all!
We were both so impressed with the level of service and the food we decided to book our next trip there and then and have booked to go back late October for my Birthday and cannot wait! Will be recommending this hotel to all my family and friends! Beautiful hotel, delicious food and lovely staff!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RichD19752011
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Another beautiful wedding venue/ break location.
We have just got back from a wedding reception at this fantastic location where we stayed both before and after the event. This hotel is set in an outstanding area with stunning views to the sea and surrounded by lovely countryside. Food was excellent, bar well stocked, rooms clean and comfortable,staff polite and helpful. Lastly Maria Welsh, she says the name is not made up, this wonder woman seemed to work 24 hours a day to make this an event to remember, thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank onemorebreak
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have attended a wedding here and was 'blown' away with the beautiful location so decided to spoil myself and stay for a couple of nights.The hotel is big enough to cater for weddings whilst still catering for the individual.I had seen one of the rooms that my friends were staying in for the wedding so rang to book direct and asked for the 'deluxe' room, well I said I wanted to spoil myself and the room did not disappoint. The bed was large and comfy the room spotless and after a really fantastic meal and a few drinks in the well stocked bar I had one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. The weather was beautiful and after an excellent breakfast we decided to have a stroll down to the beach as the sea is visible from the hotel. The manager and owner were very knowledgeable about the area and helped with our questions of where to visit. The staff were very pleasent and the menu was very tempting, it was hard to choose just one meal!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break with fantastic food, beautiful surroundings and a hotel that pays attention to detail. At the end of my short break I did not want to leave and after enjoying an ice cream at Cadwallers I am already planning my next stay at Bron Eifion...

Room Tip: Ring the hotel direct for information about the rooms. The rooms on the gallery landing are lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rockchick_lisa90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Criccieth
Caerwylan Hotel
#4 of 6 in Criccieth
Seiont Manor Hotel
Seiont Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanrug

Been to Bron Eifion Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!