My husband and I stayed two nights while visiting Portmerion and other sites nearby. We had a beautifully decorated room with a large four-poster bed and a well appointed altbeit small bathroom. The entire hotel was lovely and had a warm feel to it. Staff were friendly and responsive.
The gardens are large but parts of it could use some maintenance. We enjoyed the lovely sea views from the spacious terrace where we had pre-dinner drinks, and on one night, post-dinner drinks.
Dinner each night was very good but not quite outstanding. Breakfast was a little slow the first day and came in drips and drabs. The second morning, the waiters had remembered how we wanted to be served and it was much better. The Garden Room restaurant is a conservatory which opens to the outdoors. It seemed a bit too spacious (i.e.empty) for the number of people dining but much better than being crowded together.
The beer and wine by the glass selection was limited (I don't like Savignon Blanc) but the wine list by bottle was much better and reasonably priced. My husband was happy with the local beer. There is no real bar area to sit in, but happily, the weather was great and we sat outside.
We would definitely stay again if we are in the area. It is a good spot for visiting this part of Wales. It is a true country house hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificent country house in 5 acres of gardens. Peace and tranquility, superb cuisine, well-stocked wine cellar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Bron Eifion Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bron Eifion Country Hotel
- Bron Eifion Country Criccieth
- Bron Eifion Country House Hotel Criccieth, Wales