“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Ranked #23 of 30 Restaurants in Criccieth
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Stamford
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We had a family meal here one evening when staying locally. While the food was OK, I had probably my worst customer service experience in recent years.

Our party of 5 all ordered from the menu and I choose the daily special, baked trout. The food for all the others arrived after 20 mins and I was told mine would be here shortly. After HALF AN HOUR and many reminders it finally arrived. By this time all the rest had finished and the children were ready to leave.

This totally ruined our evening out and when paying I complained to the staff who called the landlord. He said OK, don't pay for the trout and left. Then 30 seconds later came back and asked me what I had done with the meal. When I said I had eaten it (in a rush) he said in that case you need to pay for it. He remarked in a very arrogant way that it was 'my fault' for ordering the daily special. I asked what sort of customer service he thought that I had experienced and his reply was 'so what'. With that we left.

While I realise that kitchens sometimes do make mistakes, it is the manner those mistakes are dealt with that make the difference and this was the worst way possible.

Visited April 2012