“Will go again and again...Excellent one of the best B and B's have evr stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SeaBanks B&B

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Criccieth
SeaBanks B&B
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Criccieth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed with David and Sylvia for the weekend Friday and Sat night for family wedding in the area, My wife and 2 lads and my mother who is in her 80's, cannot not say enough about the gerat service and warm atmosphere in the B and B. Were welcomed like family and they could not do enough to help all of us especially my mother. As stated above would not hesitate to stay again and in fact we definatly will and I would reccomend it to anybody. If you are staying in a double request the front room overlooking the front simply stunning views and loved spotting the dolphins in the morning. Thanks David and Sylvia for a lovely weekend.

Jeremy Barnes

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

My friend and I decided to visit Criccieth, not for your usual break, but as a business retreat...we needed to spend the weekend creating a training package and decided Seabanks B&B would be ideal. Indeed, this was the case...Sylvia and Dave were wonderful hosts, they catered not only for our vegetarian needs, but also provided us with plenty of space to spread out our books and computers. They both went above and beyond catering for us; needless to say we produced an awesome training package and left feeling like we'd had a break! I would highly recommend a stay at Seabanks, as it’s the hosts that make this B&B really special, creating a break individualised to your own requirements…What more could you want eh?

Room Tip: Both my friend and I stayed in the twin bedroom, which had everything we needed...however I would re...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jen2713
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed at this B B and B in July this year having recently discovered Criccieth. It is set directly opposite the sea and the views from the newly refurbished room were fabulous.
Our hosts David and Sylvia were extremely friendly. Sylvia had given me a guided tour prior to the opening of the hotel so I can state that all rooms are individually themed, tasteful and stylish. They are also impeccably clean. The breakfast is good and sets you up for the day.
We will be back to visit again very soon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Rugeley, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

We have stayed here a number of times in the last few years and have always enjoyed our stay, good company from hosts, with comfortable rooms and excellent breakfasts.
The b & b has recently been relaunched and refurbished, but has lost none of its welcoming atmosphere.
We would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I booked this b&b on the phone it was for myself,husband,sister&brother inlaw we had lovely decor and spaciously very clean rooms with great view's . The sofa's in the wide window's were great,Just to sit there comfortabley was so relaxing ,we had very good weather when we booked but even if it had been raining we would have enjoyed the holiday just as much because Sylvia & Dave were fabulous nothing was to much trouble for them and we all felt we had known them both for year's. We will certainly book there again and highly recommend it to anyone else,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I booked Seabank over the phone and explained that I had a 2 and 4 year old, who I was assured would be most welcome. Unfortunately the lady owner (who was very pleasant) clearly had no experience of small children and after showing us to our room said that in actual fact she was not happy for us to stay with her.
To be fair the kids were on the edge as it was teatime and they had been on the beach all afternoon- but when my 2 year old was screaming because she wanted to bounce on the bed, the lady looked genuinely horrified and asked "is she always like this?"! . Well no, not always- but as she is 2 let's face it, she does have her moments. My 4 year old after sneaking past us also for a quick jump on the bed (HIS bed he thought- there's some child logic there, although I know it was annoying for the nice owner) then tried out the light switches which added to the case for our eviction, and the owner said she didn't feel comfortable about us staying. Fair enough I suppose as it's her place but it did rather shock me! She was very apologetic and even had a change of heart just as we were going out of the door and said we could stay afterall but I felt so disappointed and upset to be asked to leave (they are not horrible children, I promise we are decent!! ) that I didn't feel comfortable staying.
Anyway the room , for the briefest period that I stood in it, was immaculate and I must say that this B&B is probably one of the 'higher class' in Criccieth. The beds are bouncy :) ! The one 'poor' review on here is almost definitely about the wrong place. However, if you have kids under 5, unless they are amazingly behaved-lucky you- in order to save yourself the stress and disruption of having to find alternative accommodation at the eleventh hour, I'd look elsewhere. We ended up staying in a lovely place at the top of the hill( can't remember the name now sorry) which was less posh but very friendly and I felt much more at ease.
So in summary, I think Seabank is a lovely but should probably just say that children aren't welcome, thus avoiding others being put in awkward and stressful situations.
Sorry for long review, it's probably clear that I was a bit upset about the experience.. it's been therapeutic writing it !!

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank Kate76751
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at the Seabank for two nights in August with our family of four ( 2 adults and 2 boys). We occupied two rooms and both were spacious ,clean, tidy and modern in decor. The view from our double room at the front was superb looking across the bay and the sofa in our room was a great place to sit back and relax , enjoying the view. The hospitality was just right - friendly and helpful ( even booking a local restaurant on our behalf) and knowledgeable about local activities.
The hotel is situated in a quiet area with plenty of parking but only 5 mins walk to the castle and into Cricceth .
We would not hesitate to recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are worth asking for!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank src66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Criccieth
Caerwylan Hotel
Hotel Portmeirion
Hotel Portmeirion
#1 of 1 in Penrhyndeudraeth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,392 reviews

Been to SeaBanks B&B? Share your experiences!