“the best ice cream”
Review of Cadwaladers

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Criccieth
Price range: US$0 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Cadwaladers was established in 1927 in the little village of Criccieth by David and Hannah Cadwalader. Over the years, we have expanded our popular ice cream and coffee cafes all over Wales and England, bringing the best quality service and products to our customers. We are proud to still serve our traditional recipe ice cream developed by Hannah Cadwalader (which still includes the famously secret ingredient!) and now our specially developed exclusive blend of espresso, hot chocolate and loose leaf tea which have been designed to redefine the standards of excellence in hot beverages. With our competitive prices, special products and caring team, we can assure you that we can provide options for all the family, including gluten free ice cream and cakes.So bring your friends, children, partner and dogs! To our lovely cosy cafés and relax in comfort whilst our friendly team treat you to the very best Wales can bring, served with a great deal of love and care.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

lovely ice cream here we went there 3 times during our stay

it's more than ice cream though, decent cafe and cakes to be had

the Florentines looked lovely but we never got round to trying them

great views of the sea from the warmth of the cafe

CadwaladersMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Cadwaladers, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time at Cadwaladers and we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

There was a massive queue for the icecream, so it's obviously popular. They had a good selection and it tasted nice, but I have had better.

Thank you for your review!

We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The ice cream choice is normally very good in-fact I normally send friends etc to use Cadwaladers in various locations as I advice disabled travelers, the quality of their products are normally very high, I have probably been in 7 or 8 of there sites over the last 2 years and can say that normally I cannot fault the service or staff, however on my most recent visit to Criccieth the store looked as if the staff had given up an the place looked as if needed a good clean - Which is unusual they also refused the voucher I had printed from attractions of snowdonia for 20% off .

This is completely different to when I come up at the beginning and end of season, totally different to Betwys Y Coed branch who can't do enough for you. Shame it cost me 20% more than I expected and with 5 of us did make a difference.

At least the Ice Cream was as good as all ways, I will visit next time to see if it was an off week

CadwaladersMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Cadwaladers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your review!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited twice over the weekend and the hot drinks are lovely. We also had the toffee Meringue tower which was amazing! The other sundries were good too. Great view on any day and open quite late too for that evening stroll around Criccieth.

Thank you for your review!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Visited on 9/8/14 and chose to dine in as the views were amazing. Myself and my parents wanted sundaes and i also ordered a childrens sundae for my daughter. We ordered the 'meringue towers', two fudge and one strawberry.
Well, two meringue nests seperated by a scoop of cheap vanilla ice cream with a sprinkling of fudge pieces/strawberry's with a blob of squirty cream served on a plate is NOT a sundae in my eyes! VERY DISAPPOINTING!! And at £4.50, total rip off! Had to send my daughters sundae back as the icecream was just mush. Its fair to say, we won't be returning.

3  Thank Minxy01
CadwaladersMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Cadwaladers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hi Minxy01,

Thank you for your review.
We are so sorry you had a bad experience with Cadwaladers.

The incident is being investigated by our Operations Manager Paul Morton.

Our sundae menu is also currently under review, and a new menu is being launched after the summer.

Please could you email info@cadwaladers.com
So that we can arrange compensation for your disappointing visit. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us and we would like the opportunity to change your opinion of Cadwaladers.

We look forward to hearing from you.