“A Welsh Gem”
other travellers have booked this property
Spacious room Chillaxing area
Caernarfon Castle
Criccieth Castle
Mount Snowdon
Standing stones on Anglesey
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ElaineRid...
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
“A Welsh Gem”
Reviewed 27 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I rarely write reviews but in this case I’ll make an exception. I’m sorry to say that this is the best B & B we have ever stayed in. Sorry, because when the owner builds up her base of regular clients and word gets around then I feel that it will be fully booked when we want to return – which we most certainly do. The location of the B & B is perfect, the views fantastic, so so peaceful (even heard a Raven calling) and a bedroom equivalent to a 5 star hotel (at B & B prices)– total Utopia. The owner Shelley has within a short time built up a B & B worthy of a 4 star and her attention to detail makes this a first class hotel – a home from home. It only as the one room but what a room!! Everything is very clean, well designed and with many thoughtful touches.
Breakfast is stunning. Shelley sources her food locally and cooks it to perfection. Just one hint -pick the breakfast chair on the right as you look out of the window, ‘cos you get the best view of the birds on the feeding station – woodpeckers, nuthatches to name a few. There’ll be a fight next time to get this seat but I’ll win!!!. Please give this B & B a visit – you will not be disappointed. It’s first class but please leave some time for my husband and I to return. I thought about keeping hush on this place but I had to be fair to Shelley – she deserves to succeed.
Shelley thank you so much, we had a lovely short break for my **birthday and we wish you well in your venture but I think you already have a successful formula – location, views, your attention to detail, your friendly connecting personality, plus good sense of humour (always a bonus working in the hospitality business!!) – all key to a very successful business. Well done!!. So see you soon (if we can book in!!) and next time it will be for a longer period.
Cheers Elaine
PS hope you car passed its MOT – I did!!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
28 Apr 2015
WOW what a review! Thank you so much for making me and my B&B feel very special. Look forward to seeing you again.
MaryJShim
bakewell
“Everything about Fron Oleu B&B is perfect”
Reviewed 16 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The accommodation is really lovely, - tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The bed is incredibly comfortable and I can honestly say I've never slept better! The location is an ideal base from which to explore the area, and the quiet country lane where the B&B is situated is tranquil, peaceful and has lovely surroundings of fields, with views looking towards the mountains. The owner/host, Shelley is so friendly and welcoming, she made us feel very relaxed and comfortable. Her breakfasts are delicious and the Welsh cakes on arrival were scrummy and much appreciated. She was really helpful, offering fantastic advice about what to do, where to go, places to eat etc, and generally imparting her local knowledge to ensure we got the most out of our time in the area. I would highly recommend staying here, and I look forward to being able to return.

17 Mar 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review, I do appreciate your time and feedback. It was so nice to meet you both and looking after you was a pleasure. I hope you can return in the near future, with your bikes, and enjoy the area even more. Best wishes Shelley
Diane T
“Ms”
Reviewed 15 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Wonderful hosts, beautiful room, comfiest bed, gorgeous breakfasts, great location, breathtaking views. By far the best B&B I've stayed in. Thanks Shelley & Adam for a lovely Valentine's weekend x

Emily T
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location, great hospitality, highly recommend Fron Oleu”
Reviewed 10 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Shelley and family ensured that we enjoyed a luxurious stay; excellent, varied breakfasts, a superb room with beautiful view and tasteful decor. Fron Oleu was the perfect location to set off from for long walks in Snowdonia, and to return to for warming cup of tea with Welsh cakes provided in our room. The room is spacious, the bed huge and glamorous and the hospitality was second to none. We will certainly return to Fron Oleu, which offered a taste of Welsh country living in traditional stone farmhouse, converted for a comfortable modern stay.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and hospitality
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Nov 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We would love to see you again and there are so many more walks for you to do. I shall work on those directions!!
Mary S
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Quiet countryside retreat in beautiful location”
Reviewed 14 September 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Lovely B & B, very comfortable, would happily stay there again and would recommend to couples who like a peaceful country retreat. Ideal for nature lovers - cows for neighbours, birds and squirrels on the feeders for breakfast-time entertainment in the lovely farmhouse kitchen. The family are lovely - so friendly and welcoming and full of great tips on where to go for the nicest walks, beaches, country pubs, etc. The lovely bed is extremely comfortable and suitable even for my husband who suffers from back problems. The views from the bedroom windows are delightful.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: the location
Liked least: nothing
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
OllieRend...
“Perfect! An absolute gem!”
Reviewed 10 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

The most beautiful little b&b we have ever seen! The room, location, breakfast and service were perfect. Shelley couldn't have done anymore for us and her breakfast is to die for! The room was spotless, spacious and the bed was superb. We would recommend this little place to anyone and will 100% be booking again next year! Don't waste any more time reading reviews, book now! Thanks Shelley! X

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sonia D
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Stunning Room with views and AMAZING breakfast and hospitality”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights at Fron Oleu and from the minute we pulled up outside we were greeted with a warm homely welcome, which continued throughout our stay. The room was absolutely stunning... stylish and immaculate, set in a peaceful environment with beautiful views from both the balcony and the kitchen table at breakfast. The location is great in terms of it being very central to lots of attractions ie Port Merion, beaches etc. The only thing I would say is if you want to go out for dinner you'll need to drive or pay quite a bit in a taxi as the restaurants are quite far out. Providing you're ok with that I would thoroughly recommend it. I can't wait to go back!!

1 Sep 2014
Thanks you for your lovely review, it was a pleasure having you stay with us and we would love to see you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing