“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING FIND...WONDERFUL B&B & FAMILY”
other travellers have booked this property
Spacious room Chillaxing area
Caernarfon Castle
Criccieth Castle
Mount Snowdon
Standing stones on Anglesey
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
GMHoliday
London
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING FIND...WONDERFUL B&B & FAMILY”
Reviewed 21 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My husband and I stayed here for three nights last weekend. Shelley was absolutely lovely and very welcoming with a great cooked breakfast and fantastic hospitality. I would highly recommend it.

The room is beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable with a large double bed and settee, great views over the countryside and tea of coffee making facilities.

Great area for walking and sightseeing......we will definitely be going back again next year.

Liked best: Everything - it was absolutely perfect
Older travelers
21 Oct 2015
Thank you for your time to write such a glowing review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your Fron Oleu experience and I do hope you will return, there's so much more for you to see and do in this beautiful area.
WilliamTe...
England
“PERFECTLY PEACEFUL”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Very peaceful and relaxing stay. A really nice quiet spot, beautiful room with everything we needed (including comfy bed).
Excellent breakfasts and great bird wildlife in the garden!
Ideal location for exploring the Llyn Peninsula, its' beaches and coastal walks. Good choice of restaurants & pubs in nearby Criccieth.

Your age range 50-64
Bucks Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Meeting Adam & Shelley again and staying in a spacious/clean comfy bedroom
Liked least: nothing
Friends getaway
Bonviveur...
Tamworth
“A warm welcome guaranteed.”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We recently spent two idyllic days at this wonderful home in a stunning location. The room was of 5 star quality and the breakfast delicious. What really makes this place so great is the sincere and warm welcome you get from Shelley and Adam. Nothing is too much trouble! My only regret was having to leave! Try it for yourself and you will not be disappointed!

cmoore198...
Bury, United Kingdom
“A lovely find”
Reviewed 5 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed at Fron Oleu over the May bank holiday weekend and it certainly gets a big thumbs up from both of us! The location (despite bad luck with the weather) is idyllic and the hosts were utterly lovely and accommodating for the duration of our stay. Fron Oleu has just the one, sizeable room that they let out, which is spacious and spotless and has lovely views over the surrounding countryside. The weather, as noted, was pretty awful when we arrived and so we were forced to hibernate for much of the Saturday but the room, which is tastefully decorated offers a large comfortable bed and lounge area certainly offered the space and sanctuary we needed. Shelley is lovely and really looked after us with a tasty freshly cooked breakfast each morning and lots of ideas for places to escape to and things do, in light of the dodgy weather! Both of us agreed that Fron Oleu is by far the nicest B&B we've stayed in, perfect for couples and those wanting to escape to the country for a bit of R and R. Can't fault and highly recommend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, the hosts and the lovely clean, comfortable room
Liked least: Nothing - perfect B and B
6 May 2015
I'm so pleased your B&B stay with us was enjoyable and relaxing, I only wish I could have organised better weather for you. It was so lovely meeting you both and I hope you will come and stay with us again.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a genuine, nice review about your experience.
ElaineRid...
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
“A Welsh Gem”
Reviewed 27 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I rarely write reviews but in this case I’ll make an exception. I’m sorry to say that this is the best B & B we have ever stayed in. Sorry, because when the owner builds up her base of regular clients and word gets around then I feel that it will be fully booked when we want to return – which we most certainly do. The location of the B & B is perfect, the views fantastic, so so peaceful (even heard a Raven calling) and a bedroom equivalent to a 5 star hotel (at B & B prices)– total Utopia. The owner Shelley has within a short time built up a B & B worthy of a 4 star and her attention to detail makes this a first class hotel – a home from home. It only as the one room but what a room!! Everything is very clean, well designed and with many thoughtful touches.
Breakfast is stunning. Shelley sources her food locally and cooks it to perfection. Just one hint -pick the breakfast chair on the right as you look out of the window, ‘cos you get the best view of the birds on the feeding station – woodpeckers, nuthatches to name a few. There’ll be a fight next time to get this seat but I’ll win!!!. Please give this B & B a visit – you will not be disappointed. It’s first class but please leave some time for my husband and I to return. I thought about keeping hush on this place but I had to be fair to Shelley – she deserves to succeed.
Shelley thank you so much, we had a lovely short break for my **birthday and we wish you well in your venture but I think you already have a successful formula – location, views, your attention to detail, your friendly connecting personality, plus good sense of humour (always a bonus working in the hospitality business!!) – all key to a very successful business. Well done!!. So see you soon (if we can book in!!) and next time it will be for a longer period.
Cheers Elaine
PS hope you car passed its MOT – I did!!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Friends getaway
28 Apr 2015
WOW what a review! Thank you so much for making me and my B&B feel very special. Look forward to seeing you again.
MaryJShim
bakewell
“Everything about Fron Oleu B&B is perfect”
Reviewed 16 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The accommodation is really lovely, - tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The bed is incredibly comfortable and I can honestly say I've never slept better! The location is an ideal base from which to explore the area, and the quiet country lane where the B&B is situated is tranquil, peaceful and has lovely surroundings of fields, with views looking towards the mountains. The owner/host, Shelley is so friendly and welcoming, she made us feel very relaxed and comfortable. Her breakfasts are delicious and the Welsh cakes on arrival were scrummy and much appreciated. She was really helpful, offering fantastic advice about what to do, where to go, places to eat etc, and generally imparting her local knowledge to ensure we got the most out of our time in the area. I would highly recommend staying here, and I look forward to being able to return.

17 Mar 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review, I do appreciate your time and feedback. It was so nice to meet you both and looking after you was a pleasure. I hope you can return in the near future, with your bikes, and enjoy the area even more. Best wishes Shelley
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing