The Lion Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$173
Hotels.com
Pitchup.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbar mealsbuffet breakfastmurder mysterycoach partygroupon dealfamily roomfriendly hotelhotel barnorth walesplenty of choicelounge areaevening mealcomfortable roomweekend breakcoach triphotel is situateddining room
Reviewed 11 July 2011

From reading the reviews on trip advisor I must admit that I was weary of booking here, but I went against the wind and went for it. What a lovely surprise it was I must say. Upon arrival the staffs were most helpful in assisting me. The room was fine, light and airy with a lovely comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. The bar had a variety of ales for all eager travellers and I recommend sampling the evening food from the Pink Restaurant!
All in all a grand stay. A lot of the poor reviews are form years gone by, they must have updated the hotel so I would recommend that you throw caution to the wind and give this place a shot!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T_Williams_24
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I had a fantastic time at the lion. I arrived in criccieth to be greeted by friendly and efficient staff. Who did a fantastic job of settling me in after a very long journey from London. It felt as though i had driven to my own home rather than that of a foreign hotel. The staff were that good!!! The room was perfect. It was very clean with such a comfortable bed and a good bathroom. I thoroughly enjoyed the shower. Good power as well heat. The actual hotel is beautiful on ones eyes. Criccieth is an extremely scenic area, which the lion in particular stands out with its beauty and heritage. The restaurant was divine. Such wonderful food, and again the staff were sublime. I also have to pay comment to the lovely bar and garden in which you could drink in. Simply WONDERFUL!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mhewett
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night in May 2011. We liked the description on their website and found the rooms quite nice. This website doesn't reflect at all the reality. The hotel is very old and tired. The rooms are clean but very old fashioned. The bathroom have obviously not been refurbished for 20 years by the look of it.
The breakfast is just OK, it's very, very basic..
And all of this for £87 B&B! I found this absolutely out of proportion for what you get.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Gambia09
Reviewed 17 May 2011

we went to this hotel as part of our touring holiday in wales. Lovely friendly staff food was lovely we ate both Breakfast & dinner here. Bar was cosy we got speaking to the locals & had a great few nights.Rooms were clean & comfortable. Lovely stay We will be back for another visit.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shosho2212
Reviewed 25 April 2011

room was small and dark, kept awake by some tank in roof space constantly topping up with trickling water. decor is very dated, circa fawlty towers.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple