Caerwylan Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Moelwyn(Criccieth)
SeaBanks B&B(Criccieth)
  • Beachfront
Royal Goat Hotel(Beddgelert)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew ownerssea viewnarrow roadfirst classhigh standardsea frontlovely hotelstaff were superbcriccieth castlesunday lunchnorth waleswatching the worldpowerful showerpublic areaslambgreat showercomfy chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have been to the caerwylan before. As a returning guest, I had high hopes for the hotel as I was so impressed previously. Might I say, the high hopes I had not fallen short. The Caerwylan had once again impressed no end!! They have recently re-furbished the restaurant (As they had told me they had planned to do when conversing on my previous stay) and named it 'TONNAU RESTAURANT' (Tonnau translating to waves) which I found pretty suiting given that it over looks the sea and criccieth castle! The classy boutique Rooms are, as always, immaculately clean and the service from house keeping, to the friendly smiling receptionists second to none. Once again I would definitely recommend this hotel! *Ive uploaded the pictures of my starter & main from the first night, as it looked gorgeous!!*

Room Tip: Go for an executive room - Sea View are to die for!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Once again - we planned to stay at another establishment in Port Marion - but they were having a convention that week - they recommended we go to Criccieth! We are so glad we did! No reservation (yet again), pulled up out front - they gave us a room in the front of the building. In the morning we woke up to the ocean with the sounds and scent of the surf!! The windows open too... big bonus for me! The waitstaff is excellent, the food was amazing, the front desk staff were very helpful! I agree with the other reviewers.. 3 stars is not enough! Even the funky little elevator (I took the stairs) was charming. Charming hotel - great food - don't pass this one by!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WhiteMtnsFolk
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I chose this hotel after searching the web for hotels near Port meirion.
It looked great but as it was only 3 star I thought I may have been disappointed.
The hotel was absolutely marvellous and was only three star because it did not have a 24 hour reception. We certainly class it as 5 star
The rooms are beautifully decorated and the blinds and bedding are really tasteful
All the interior design has been chosen by by the husband and wife team who own it. They love their hotel and it shows.
They also employ staff who also share that love of the hotel and are friendly and pleasant and make your stay totally relaxing.
We had intended going out for meals in the evening, but the food was so delicious we ate there every night and was never disappointed with variety and quality of the meals. All locally sourced.
The position of the hotel (on the front) with wonderful views of the whole bay and the castle is beathtaking. The rooms at the front with bay windows make you want to stay in your room all day and watch the world go by.
We shall return and have recommended this hotel to all our friends.

Room Tip: Allways chose a room at the front
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MossyHadfield
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The new owners bought this formerly very ailing hotel suffering from massive underinvestment about 4 years ago and have now almost completed a total refurbishment having taken the building right back to its carcase. I was most impressed by the standard everywhere - General furnishings - bedroom appointments - choice of menu and beautifully cooked by the chef and his team. also small and well thought out wine list with quality wines at reasonable prices. The owners, and indeed all the staff, are most welcoming and helpful and, of course, efficient. I will definitely return in 2012.

Signed Hereford Mariner

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank HerefordMariner
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We were in Criccieth for four days and stayed at this lovely restored hotel. Found it on the web and were not disapointed. We had a excellent view of the coast from our comfortable room. Nick, the owner, was a great host and the the staff treated us extremely well. I would certainly book here again.

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in had ocean views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends