“Great staff, ok food”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The waitress was great. Friendly, attentive and understanding when I sent my main course back. Lambs liver was on the specials and I'm a big fan.. Both my partner and I ordered it and both came out cooked to a crisp. I sent mine back (partner hates causing a fuss) & it was it was re made slightly les crisped. Still nothing to shout about.
The house wine was reasonably priced and drinkable and a glass was taken off the bill, without us asking, for the fuss of sending back meal.
I

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The menu looked ingesting so we decided to eat here. Nothing terribly wrong with the food and service, but requests for drinks needed to be made at least twice, we requested extra vegetables (the portion size is small) which did not arrive. And at over £50 for two courses we felt as if the experience should have been a little less fraught.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

A Monday evening is not the best time to find somewhere to eat in Dolgellau! Mediocre pubs or Y Sospan cafe...
As a previous reviewer mentioned, the one young lady serving worked her socks off. Friendly, smiling and efficient. Our order was produced fairly quickly, but unfortunately overcooked, My wifes goatscheese tartlet was burnt, and the vegetables soft and mushy. We voiced our concerns, and were not charged. A replacement was offered but we declined.
My medium steak was well done, but tasty despite that, Chips were soggy.
I don't think we will return. Either to the cafe, or Dolgellau, on reflection...

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The young lady serving was very friendly and helpful, restaurant was quite busy the evening we went. Thought it was rather pricey for the area, the sort of prices I would really expect to pay much further down south. My husband had pork which was very nice but sadly my lamb was overcooked and dry

1  Thank AllyP17
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate i what were the old cells below the courthouse. The tow ladies who served us were very smiling and attentive. The complimentary started was offered with extra. Water was offered without being sought. The food was good and atmosphere pleasant. Upstairs - which is just used at busier times is amazing. The old courtroom has some original features including a grand fireplace from the 17th century including a depiction of witches being hung. Fascinating.