“comfortable and excellent value stay”

and 1 more site!
Ty Seren Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 34 Dolgellau B&B and Inns
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“comfortable and excellent value stay”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Booked this B and B last minute as a business stay. It would seem that it looks anything but a place suitable for the business traveler but don't be fooled. Whilst it is certainly a place well suited to the tourist, especially walkers and mountain bikers, and seemingly very adequately catered for in that department, I had a warm welcome, a comfortable room, and even more comfortable bed,an excellent breakfast, and unbeatable value.

There's something so unique about places like these that you feel you are in someones living room having breakfast, sleeping in their spare room and sharing with them what they do for themselves. You can see when you stay away so much that Ty Seren wouldn't suit everyone but I left in the morning wanting to go back and wishing I had a little more time to take advantage of a lot more on offer in this beautiful part of Wales and this lovely little guest house.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tudor07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay - and I aim to stay there again on future visits to North Wales.

Nick and Sharon are a really nice couple, who "go the extra mile for their guest". I actually felt I was being treated like an old friend when I turned up - a year after my previous visit.

They are a great source of information on the local area - walks etc, so it's well worth tapping into their knowledge.

The building has heaps of character and is a stones throw from the shop. There is some parking available outside, which is handy.

My room was warm and plenty big enough. The bed and the bedding were - extremely comfortable. I actually think think it's the most comfortable one I've had in a B&B! The front room is a nice place to hang out/eat - excellent fire and friendly dog.

The shower isn't state of the art, but that didn't matter in the slightest. It was really nice and hot - much needed after days spent walking.

Perhaps the biggest compliment I can pay is to say that I will seriously consider staying there even when walking in the northern part of the park, which is some distance away.

Nick and Sharon strike me as people who are happy to respond to sensible, well-imentioned suggestions about their business. That said, I wouldn't have anything myself, as I was really happy with my stay.

Having stayed twice, I feel confident in saying that Ty Seren is a really excellent establishment!

Si

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank simonrhysphillips
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

What a warm and friendly reception. Owners Nick and Sharon made us (my husband, children and puppy Poppy) feel welcome upon arrival. We rang up on speck and were pleasantly surpised at the price of the familty room. The room was great, adjoining doors gave some privacy and the ensuite was lovely. If you like an old building with character this fits the bill. Loved the artefacts and rooms were aptly named. Comfortable beds, plenty of starage should you need it and a wonderfull Welsh breakfast cooked to suit our tastes.
As the owners have a lovely dog 'Ruby' our puppy was made to feel welcome.
Thank you Nick and Sharon, we shall certainly recommend you to our friends and hopefully return later in the year as Mark wants to ride at Coed-y-Brenin which visited on our way out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy R
surrey
Reviewed 6 November 2013

How many times have you stayed at a B & B to be greeted by the owner with "Welcome - I've just come back from climbing Everest!!". Nick is an amazing guy, a wonderful character who just loves talking to his guests. He is so interesting that I could easily imaging staying there all day and never leaving! Which would be a shame because the countryside and mountains around are amongst the most beautiful in the British Isles. Nick & Sharon are consummate hosts and cannot do enough for you. As soon as my two friends and I said we intended to climb Cader Idris, Nick immediately said "which way are you going to go", got out his Ipad with Google Earth and showed us his own preferred route, which involved starting from the car park near Tal-y-Llyn lake and walking back over the mountain to Dolgellau. And Sharon got out the car and promptly drove us to the start point. You could not wish to meet a kinder and more considerate couple - oh and Sharon (& Nick) do a fabulous breakfast which would be impossible to beat! We cannot recommend Ty Seren highly enough!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaycee-8
Reading
Reviewed 16 October 2013

What a great welcome and lovely stay. Our family was very comfortable in the 'Spinning Room' (actually two adjoining rooms). Breakfast was perfect. The girls loved meeting Nick's birds and the family cat, and his pictures of Everest were amazing. Ty Seren is right in the center of Dolgellau, an easy walk to pubs and restaurants. Nick's suggestions for nearby walks were great. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim K
mandurah
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Ty Seren is a lovely 200 year old ex woolen mill set in a lovely village in North Wales.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and the breakfasts are lovely. The village has everything one needs as far as pubs, restaurants and souvenirs goes. Snowdonia, Harlech and the wonderfully bizarre Portmeirion are only short drives away.
Hosts Sharon and Nick are warm, friendly and have great local knowledge which they are only too happy to pass on.
Would definitely stay again.
Martin and Karen Western Australia

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MartinBarnett
Nicholas G, Manager at Ty Seren Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 February 2016
Hi Martin and Karen,
we were so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we do try our best to make everyone
welcome, as maybe one day you will return!!
kind regards
Nick and
Sharon

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Ty Seren is a lovely B&B with fabulous breakfasts and a friendly atmosphere. Our room at the top of the house was very comfortable, and Nick and Sharon did everything they could to make our stay a happy one. Nick has an excellent knowledge of the area and suggested some good walking routes. They also lent us OS maps and guides and even a pair of bicycles so we could cycle along the estuary to Barmouth. Dolgellau is a nice little town with some good eateries, and nicely central for all the places we wanted to explore while in North Wales. Excellent value, and we hope we can come back again soon.

Room Tip: We were in the Weaver's room at the top of the house, which is very nice (though very tall peopl...