“Great Christmas stay!”

Ranked #11 of 33 Dolgellau B&B and Inns
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Great Christmas stay!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Nick and Sharon made us very welcome on our Christmas holiday break. We were offered a choice of rooms and chose a double room with en suite on the top floor...... complete with sloping floors and two foot deep window sills due to thick insulating walls. We loved the room which was everything we'd hoped for, authentic but providing for all our creature comforts. The dining room was shared with Nick and Sharon as we had our breakfasts which were the full Welsh breakfast on offer, as well as the usual cereal, toast and choice of jams. We very much enjoyed chatting with our hosts and their own guests and were made to feel thoroughly at home. The guest house has a great feel to it - we loved the original features, flagstone floors, creaking floor boards and a cosy, homely feel to Ty Seren and would definitely recommend it to others and stay there again ourselves.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RosGLamb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Booked late but found a gem.
Quirky B&B individual rooms not huge but clean and fresh.
Bathroom with great bath for bubbles to soak in after day walking.
Note toiletries in box on landing didn't see till I had popped to spar for my own but bought bottle of other bubbles for treat!!!
Good breakfast to set you up for the day helpful hosts with local knowledge and suggestions for walks.
Central location great for walking to a range of places to eat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosemary W
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Booked this B and B last minute as a business stay. It would seem that it looks anything but a place suitable for the business traveler but don't be fooled. Whilst it is certainly a place well suited to the tourist, especially walkers and mountain bikers, and seemingly very adequately catered for in that department, I had a warm welcome, a comfortable room, and even more comfortable bed,an excellent breakfast, and unbeatable value.

There's something so unique about places like these that you feel you are in someones living room having breakfast, sleeping in their spare room and sharing with them what they do for themselves. You can see when you stay away so much that Ty Seren wouldn't suit everyone but I left in the morning wanting to go back and wishing I had a little more time to take advantage of a lot more on offer in this beautiful part of Wales and this lovely little guest house.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tudor07
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay - and I aim to stay there again on future visits to North Wales.

Nick and Sharon are a really nice couple, who "go the extra mile for their guest". I actually felt I was being treated like an old friend when I turned up - a year after my previous visit.

They are a great source of information on the local area - walks etc, so it's well worth tapping into their knowledge.

The building has heaps of character and is a stones throw from the shop. There is some parking available outside, which is handy.

My room was warm and plenty big enough. The bed and the bedding were - extremely comfortable. I actually think think it's the most comfortable one I've had in a B&B! The front room is a nice place to hang out/eat - excellent fire and friendly dog.

The shower isn't state of the art, but that didn't matter in the slightest. It was really nice and hot - much needed after days spent walking.

Perhaps the biggest compliment I can pay is to say that I will seriously consider staying there even when walking in the northern part of the park, which is some distance away.

Nick and Sharon strike me as people who are happy to respond to sensible, well-imentioned suggestions about their business. That said, I wouldn't have anything myself, as I was really happy with my stay.

Having stayed twice, I feel confident in saying that Ty Seren is a really excellent establishment!

Si

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank simonrhysphillips
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

What a warm and friendly reception. Owners Nick and Sharon made us (my husband, children and puppy Poppy) feel welcome upon arrival. We rang up on speck and were pleasantly surpised at the price of the familty room. The room was great, adjoining doors gave some privacy and the ensuite was lovely. If you like an old building with character this fits the bill. Loved the artefacts and rooms were aptly named. Comfortable beds, plenty of starage should you need it and a wonderfull Welsh breakfast cooked to suit our tastes.
As the owners have a lovely dog 'Ruby' our puppy was made to feel welcome.
Thank you Nick and Sharon, we shall certainly recommend you to our friends and hopefully return later in the year as Mark wants to ride at Coed-y-Brenin which visited on our way out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy R
surrey
Reviewed 6 November 2013

How many times have you stayed at a B & B to be greeted by the owner with "Welcome - I've just come back from climbing Everest!!". Nick is an amazing guy, a wonderful character who just loves talking to his guests. He is so interesting that I could easily imaging staying there all day and never leaving! Which would be a shame because the countryside and mountains around are amongst the most beautiful in the British Isles. Nick & Sharon are consummate hosts and cannot do enough for you. As soon as my two friends and I said we intended to climb Cader Idris, Nick immediately said "which way are you going to go", got out his Ipad with Google Earth and showed us his own preferred route, which involved starting from the car park near Tal-y-Llyn lake and walking back over the mountain to Dolgellau. And Sharon got out the car and promptly drove us to the start point. You could not wish to meet a kinder and more considerate couple - oh and Sharon (& Nick) do a fabulous breakfast which would be impossible to beat! We cannot recommend Ty Seren highly enough!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaycee-8
Reading
Reviewed 16 October 2013

What a great welcome and lovely stay. Our family was very comfortable in the 'Spinning Room' (actually two adjoining rooms). Breakfast was perfect. The girls loved meeting Nick's birds and the family cat, and his pictures of Everest were amazing. Ty Seren is right in the center of Dolgellau, an easy walk to pubs and restaurants. Nick's suggestions for nearby walks were great. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family