“Charming atmospheric old woollen mill & service with a smile”

and 1 more site!
Ty Seren Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 34 Dolgellau B&B and Inns
burnley
“Charming atmospheric old woollen mill & service with a smile”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at Ty Seren on the wekend of April 12th, we had gone down for my daughter's best friend's wedding. Sharon and Nick were very chatty and helpful and we were made to feel welcome. We had the cooked brekfast which was delicious. The dining area is not very big and only holds 7-8 people at a time. The only thing it lacks is a lounge where people could congregate and mingle with each other. There were many nice touches which made the place feel homely. If this place were open all week (people generally only stay 2-3 days at a time) I would be tempted to stay all week if the rates were favourable. All in all in all it was a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ignore the bit above, nothng was terrible but there was no swimming pool or fitness centre and it wo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cosmicjan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Sharon & Nick made us very welcome indeed. We were cycling Lon Las Cymru & getting married on the way at the registry office in Dolgellau. Sharon & Nick were really helpful and made our stay very special indeed. A brilliant place.
The bikes were safe and the bed was very comfy, which is probably the info most people stopping here would be interested in, My mum & family who weren't cycling also stopped here & really loved their stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Georgie O
Nicholas G, Manager at Ty Seren Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 February 2016
Hi Georgie,
Thank you so much, for your comments, hopefully one day you will return!!
Kind regards
Nick and Sharon
Hampshire
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I had the rare treat of getting away without kids and wanted to make the most of it by mountain biking and hiking. We stayed at Ty Seren week before Easter and got exactly what we were looking for... cosy B&B, very hospitable hosts ( I think we might have drunk them out of tea and coffee in fact!) Nick and Sharon were great, doing all that they could to ensure we had a perfect stay. Even our bikes had a safe home in the cellar and hearing about Nick's adventures (Everest etc) was really great, a very memorable stay. And for things to do Coed y Brenin just nrth of Dolgellau is fabulous for mountain biking, and of course walking up Cader idris, not to mention the Y Sospan for dinner. We ate there both nights!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fionechka
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Nick and Sharon made us very welcome on our Christmas holiday break. We were offered a choice of rooms and chose a double room with en suite on the top floor...... complete with sloping floors and two foot deep window sills due to thick insulating walls. We loved the room which was everything we'd hoped for, authentic but providing for all our creature comforts. The dining room was shared with Nick and Sharon as we had our breakfasts which were the full Welsh breakfast on offer, as well as the usual cereal, toast and choice of jams. We very much enjoyed chatting with our hosts and their own guests and were made to feel thoroughly at home. The guest house has a great feel to it - we loved the original features, flagstone floors, creaking floor boards and a cosy, homely feel to Ty Seren and would definitely recommend it to others and stay there again ourselves.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RosGLamb
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Booked late but found a gem.
Quirky B&B individual rooms not huge but clean and fresh.
Bathroom with great bath for bubbles to soak in after day walking.
Note toiletries in box on landing didn't see till I had popped to spar for my own but bought bottle of other bubbles for treat!!!
Good breakfast to set you up for the day helpful hosts with local knowledge and suggestions for walks.
Central location great for walking to a range of places to eat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosemary W
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Booked this B and B last minute as a business stay. It would seem that it looks anything but a place suitable for the business traveler but don't be fooled. Whilst it is certainly a place well suited to the tourist, especially walkers and mountain bikers, and seemingly very adequately catered for in that department, I had a warm welcome, a comfortable room, and even more comfortable bed,an excellent breakfast, and unbeatable value.

There's something so unique about places like these that you feel you are in someones living room having breakfast, sleeping in their spare room and sharing with them what they do for themselves. You can see when you stay away so much that Ty Seren wouldn't suit everyone but I left in the morning wanting to go back and wishing I had a little more time to take advantage of a lot more on offer in this beautiful part of Wales and this lovely little guest house.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tudor07
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay - and I aim to stay there again on future visits to North Wales.

Nick and Sharon are a really nice couple, who "go the extra mile for their guest". I actually felt I was being treated like an old friend when I turned up - a year after my previous visit.

They are a great source of information on the local area - walks etc, so it's well worth tapping into their knowledge.

The building has heaps of character and is a stones throw from the shop. There is some parking available outside, which is handy.

My room was warm and plenty big enough. The bed and the bedding were - extremely comfortable. I actually think think it's the most comfortable one I've had in a B&B! The front room is a nice place to hang out/eat - excellent fire and friendly dog.

The shower isn't state of the art, but that didn't matter in the slightest. It was really nice and hot - much needed after days spent walking.

Perhaps the biggest compliment I can pay is to say that I will seriously consider staying there even when walking in the northern part of the park, which is some distance away.

Nick and Sharon strike me as people who are happy to respond to sensible, well-imentioned suggestions about their business. That said, I wouldn't have anything myself, as I was really happy with my stay.

Having stayed twice, I feel confident in saying that Ty Seren is a really excellent establishment!

Si

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank simonrhysphillips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dolgellau
Penmaenuchaf Hall
#4 of 34 in Dolgellau
Ivy House
Ivy House
#14 of 34 in Dolgellau

Been to Ty Seren Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!