“A place to go back!”
Review of Ty Glas Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dolgellau
Ty Glas Farm
Ranked #26 of 34 Dolgellau B&B and Inns
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“A place to go back!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

An excellent and beautiful place to stay, unfortunately just for one night. Gwenan welcomed us very warm and after a tiresome journey on a motorbike that was all we needed.
The cottage itself is splendid! I fell in love with it from the first sight as in the whole Cymru.
Breakfast was more than enough to give us strength for the next day trip.
And we want to come back for more!

Natalia

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Neiraa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wales
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Well what more can I say from last reviews. Thoroughly enjoyed my stays at Gwenan's. Nothing is too much trouble, breakfast is superb and sets you up for the day. As stayed in the spring I spent some time in the garden playing tennis with Huw , Gwenan's 9 year old son and his dog Carlo. As usual the room was spotless and very welcoming. Will miss all the family and if you are visiting south Snowdonia no better place to use as a base.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ExcaliburWales
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed 2 nights in Gwenams wonderful self contained cottage-just turn up and enjoy-fully equipped, tastefully restored, warm, and perfect!!! Will be back soon. Highly recommended. Nothing too much trouble, credit it where its due- in a word superb!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bob n
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

A Very Warm welcome awaits all those who stay at Ty-Glas, we stayed for 2 nights B&B, and wished we could have stayed longer .. but we have promised ourselves to return! The Welsh Breakfast is to die for - using the best quality locally sourced ingredients.. Many Thanks to Gwenan and her family for opening up their home to us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had just spent ten days travelling through England on the motorbike. The guest houses were ok but nothing special and on occasion was charged extra for the breakfast. On this night I had planned to camp closer to Holyhead as I had to get the ferry for 9.30am however it was getting dark and starting to rain. My wife looked online and phoned this guest house. She immediately phoned me and said 'The lady is so nice, you just have to go there'. By sheer chance it was less than 10 minutes away.
I couldn't have had any more of a warm welcome, something badly needed after a 120 mile trip on motorways during rush hour. The Cottage itself was large, well built, warm and cosy inside and gave off such a positive vibe as soon as I walked in.
I was shown through to the most wonderful bedroom on the 1st floor. Double bed with en suite bathroom. There was even enough hot water for a bath. At this stage I must apologise to the owner (if they are reading this) for I do think I used all the hot water!
I had a great nights sleep and was well rested for the 80 mile dash to Holyhead.
Highly recommended and I plan to make the trip again either solo (great roads for bikes A470) or with the family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Daytona600NI
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This charming guest house is located in beautiful countryside. The rooms are clean and tastefully decorated, also the rates were very reasonable.
I was made to feel at home as soon as I entered the building by Gwenan! Nothing was too much trouble.
I was staying for business purposes and requested that breakfast be served at 7:30 (which was no bother at all to Gwenan), which was great as I needed to set off fairly early. I was served an excellent cooked Welsh breakfast.
There is a nice relaxed atmosphere at the property (would have been nice if I was staying a week for holiday!!!)
Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Spectrum_is_green
Wales
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This time the stay was for a business trip to Dolgellau. I had no hesitation in choosing Ty Glas for my stay. Again a lovely place to stay the family are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble for Gwenan. I required breakfast early on some mornings and this was provided without any problems or complaints from Gwenan having to get up earlier than normal. I stayed in the 'Annexe' for this stay which again had a private lounge which was furnished with a very comfortable settee and a superb big screen tv, the bedroom window had lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Parking is no problem and I actually parked in the private courtyard when staying in the Annexe which meant I had total privacy. I hope I will be making more business trips to Dolgellau when I will not hesitate to stay with Gwenan and her family again and tell all my friends and family what a wonderful place it is to stay on holiday....

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business