“Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Dolgellau
Price range: US$4 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Welsh
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A fantastic Tea and Coffee House with the best cakes ever. Other reviews of Dolgellau B&B's mention it.
Wales, United Kingdom
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was my second visit and so my second review. Last time was outside the tourist season and so much quieter. This time there were queues outside the door. Had great cappachino and bacon bap which was a rustic home made roll and delicious. I had my little dog with me and we sat behind the door near the counter. Probably best, in busy times not to take seats near the counter as the queues of people make the area overcrowded. I will next time take the long table at the back where people use the free wifi just to stay out of the way with the dog. If you are coming here in the busy tourist season, please be prepared to wait a bit for your order, whether take away or as sit down. It is well worth it in the end. I think if you want a quick service/order/eat then come out of season or go elsewhere. This is old fashioned hospitality and the tourist season may push the staff to the limit but there are a good number of staff and all were very busy while I was there and very polite. There was a 15 minute delay between my coffee being served and my bap arriving but it was well cooked, tasty and delicious. I will be returning soon for another.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Toffeesma

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Like stepping back in time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Cracking little cafe set in a time capsule. Looks like someone shut a Victorian habadashers store and only just rediscovered it, to then open it as a cafe. All of the wonderful counters and drawers are still there, except they are now stuffed with mahoosive and gorgeous cakes, pies and tempting snacks! Speciality coffes and teas are also all around. You must go here.

Visited August 2014
“Atmospheric trance of days that have been! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This is my local coffee shop and out of all the places to go this is mine and my friends favourite. A lot of locals come here as your always ensured quick service and a friendly chat, plus reasonably priced lunch and cakes.

Meg's cakes are always good usually there's a variety but very rarely the selection is small as she's not in the kitchen 24/7, much to her dismay I'm sure.

I particularly like the atmosphere of the olden days feeling you get here. The old decor of a former iron monger shop surrounds you and it feels like slice if history has been preserved and recycled for our enjoyment.

“VERY disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Expected lovely selection of cakes in a really old fashioned shop. What we got, after attending very small wedding in the town, we went there for tea and cakes before eating later in the evening, was not much choice, we went upstairs to find lots of dirty looking sofas,one in particular looked like the dog had chewed it badly. The others looked really dirty. Not somewhere we wanted to sit with decent clothes on, or actually with my jeans on. The cups were dirty, the order came and was wrong, the scones were nice, but the lemon drizzle cake ordered as a recommendation from this site, was lemon sponge not a drizzle cake . It was ok but ridiculous portion for one person. And the final bill for 5 of us and 2 children was not cheap Really disappointed

Visited August 2014
5 Thank Valerie D
“Cake!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

As always very friendly in here. Nice homely feeling with comfy sofas and also normal tables (slight wiff of dog though, but this is the countryside so it adds some atmosphere.. that's what i tell myself..)

Games to keep the kids quiet and cake to wake them up!

The cakes are fantastic, not sure why it's not world famous haha

Good coffee and enough choices of syrup to sink a battleship. I've not had then all yet after visiting for years.

1 Thank ExpectorOfQuality