“Stunning views”
Review of Precipice Walk

Precipice Walk
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Dolgellau
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Such a beautiful walk so tranquil with breath taking views. Not too strenuous suitable for all ages, we took our dog with us who thoroughly enjoyed the walk. The car park is free but limited space. Do take a camera amazing scenery

4  Thank CLADE

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Very enjoyable walk. There were some stunning views, made all the better with the snow on every mountain. The walk is not difficult, and there is a convenient car park to start at. The only draw back was the A470 ruins some part of the walk, especially because they are doing work on it, and the diggers can be heard echoing in the mountains.Despite this, the walk is very enjoyable.

2  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Relatively easy walking at a high level offering great views. Pass through very pleasant scenery. Some people may find the height a little challenging. In that case wiser not to attempt in poor weather.

1  Thank JohnsonYorkshire
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My husband and I are not walkers (well we weren't until we came here!) but as we were staying in Dolgellau, and I wanted to try out my brand new camera, I did a bit of research about walks in the area and opted for trying The Precipice Walk. It really was a gorgeous day out, the views are fabulous. Unfortunately it was overcast which did not make for great photos but we really enjoyed the experience. Its an easy climb - no need to be a fitness fanatic to do it, but the path is a little narrow in places and if you're scared of heights its probably not for you. Since doing this we've booked a few more hotel breaks in the countryside just so we can find lovely areas to walk in (this was never us - we usually take hotel breaks so we can eat sample local restaurants and bars!) I definitely intend doing the walk again - next time hopefully during a lovely sunny day so my pics will look better :0)

4  Thank Kyla P
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Lovely views, especially of the Cadair Idris Ridge. I walked up from Dolgellau but there is car parking at start and from there the walk is fairly flat and gentle and suitable for msot people, although the path is narrow in places and runs around a steep slope for part of teh walk. Well worth a visit on a fine day.

3  Thank welshhillbilly